Would You Race?

How Much Would You Pay?

• $0 - I don't race.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • $0 - I'll race if it's local and free.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • $20 - I'll race if it's local and $20 to enter.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • $100 - I'll race if it's local and $100 to enter.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • $220 - I'll race if it's $20 to enter and transportation would cost $200.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • $300 - I'll race if it's $100 to enter and transportation would cost $200.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • $420 - I'll race if it's $20 to enter and transportation would cost $400.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • $500 - I'll race if it's $100 to enter and transportation would cost $400.

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
No doubt, despite the way I feel about the noise stock car races generate, I tend to agree with you. Until my son struck puberty or puberty struck him, either way, we raced competition go carts running methanol and the smell along with the noise was part of the fun. A million years ago I was part of a small motorcycle shop in Orlando and the shop sponsored a two stroke scrambles bike (now is motocross) and the noise those beasts created far exceeded their cubic inches.

And, unless you're strictly a purist, motorcycle type, the sound of a well tuned 250 cc rice burner running through the gears is music, especially when it's through tuned mufflers. Take the mufflers off and it's just noise. In fact, now that I think about it, I bought from a traveling salesman about a half dozen French built mopeds which had little bitty engines, you really had to pedal to get them started but they were street legal and would do about 35 MPH wide open. All they had were centrifugal clutches but they did sound neat winding out and they took quite a bit of time to wind out. Unfortunately they failed to sell like intended and were probably just about given away.

Mike

Of course I would race, anytime.

Not with mopeds/motorcycles though, that's just bullshit. They have no business at all in an electric bike race, besides moped/motorcycle races already exist.

Assist bikes gotta have a max speed of 32km/h on the flat w/no human input to be allowed to enter. To keep people honest anyone caught cheating gets his/her bike pinkslipped to the winner.

The race it's self would be something like an alleycat, maybe 50-80kms, and winner takes all.

10$ For out of towners and locals who either have a federation card or use a bike for work. 30$ for everyone else to keep wankers from getting in the way.

DFL gets a prize like wide cruiser bars and a spring seat or a fleshlight or something.

DNF's get banned indefinitely unless they had a damn good reason like HBC or some such.

Back