06 gsxr 600 converting to EV.

badrabbit35

1 µW
Hi all, I'm brand new here. Thank u for adding me to your community. My name is Trevor. Friends call me trip. I'm in my 30s. In my early 20s I wrecked my car and a neighbor sold me his steel framed FZR 600. Non fuel Injected. But still fast 140s fast...

I'd be ecstatic to get that kind of power. But also realistic. So I bought a used gsxr 600 from. Fb marketplace. First time I ever split cases... get this involved in a mechanical issue in relation to a form of transportation. Originally it had a hole in the crank case one of the cylinders was fouled and a piston head head become disconnected from the connecting rod and seized in the cylinder.

Got to turn the bike apart replace the cylinder's new crankshaft new piston new connecting rod yadiata the Bike will start up and run but it won't go any gear. The engine seizes as soon as I shift it but it'll start up a neutral as long as the clutch is in very strange anyways I thought. It was more mechanically inclined than that and a little frustrated at not being able to. Finish this project... Which is when I got the idea to turn it into an electric motorcycle... .

I have seen the videos on YouTube. I am not expecting to get 200 miles an hour but would like some advice as far as getting a motor with enough torque to move me in. The frame i'm not even sure where to start to be honest with you... I'm not sure what size I need 10000 kW 5000 kW where I will get my power source from is probably going to be old. Prius batterit'll be a change ribbon. I'm not sure if that's direct or indirect drive.

I know that 4 wheels lose the body and 2 wheels moves. The soul and I really need to ride.. It'd be a cool Proof of conceptconcept and A nice alternative to just getting rid of it... I know the stock motor comes with a hundred and twenty two horsepower... I'd like to get something close to that any and all advice is welcome... Will say my budget is two grand

Attachments

• 16850624904925764960348644791113.jpg
    16850624904925764960348644791113.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Oh yeah. What I do know. Is once the engine is removed and radiator, and all the engine necessities. Gas tank ect
150lbs max wheels, frame, forks, im running a 530 chain and sprockets+ me 200lbs. A Lil less.

What would it take to get 350lbs to 150mph?

It won't be 350lbs. It will be 350lbs plus the heavy motor plus the heavy batteries plus the enclosures and moutnings for those; could be another 100-200lbs depending on what you need it to do and for how long.

I recommend looking at the other motorcycle builds here in the motorcycle section of the forum that I moved this thread to (from the Ebike General Discussion it was posted in), especially the racing bikes like JonesCG's, etc., to get an idea of what it will take and how expensive it will be.

You can also use various pages like kruezotter.de (sp?) or the ebikes.ca motor/trip simualators to guesstimate the power required to do the job you need done, under the riding conditions you have. ONce you know the power required, you can then look at parts that can do more than that (to give you a margin for safety to prevent damage to parts) for the amount of time you need this to work.

Oh yeah. What I do know. Is once the engine is removed and radiator, and all the engine necessities. Gas tank ect
150lbs max wheels, frame, forks, im running a 530 chain and sprockets+ me 200lbs. A Lil less.

What would it take to get 350lbs to 150mph?
Might consider designing around speeds you'd ride most of the time, since you won't be able to ride 150 mph for more than a few minutes. If you design for 150 mph, your efficiency at lower speeds will suffer. The Harley Livewire sets top speed at 110 mph, but has a range of 150 miles, which strikes a good balance. I've been behind them on the freeway on ramp and they have impressive acceleration too.

You can go fast with a gas engine because the energy in gasoline is so much greater than in a battery, by weight. 6 gallons of gas has around 202 kWh of energy. A typical/larger ebike battery is around 1 kWh, so 200 of those. A high capacity 18650 lithium cell stores around 13 Wh and weights 50g. You can do the math, but I think that's more than 1500lbs of battery.

Back