Add friend

i think thats the "stalker" function..
you will be notified when your "friends" post..
or you can track their posts, etc more easily..

thewmatusmoloki said:
I'm aware that the "add foe" button makes the selected person's post become invisible, but I've always wondered what effect the "add friend" button has.

Anyone ?

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
i think thats the "stalker" function..you will be notified when your "friends" post..or you can track their posts, etc more easily..
Nice try, but I've "secretly" been "friends" with quite a few members for a number of years, yet they don't seem aware that I am a friend and I don't get any notification of their posts.

Ypedal said:
i had no idea.. but google usually does
Cheers, having read that link, I can't really see the point of it. I did notice that in my "user control panel" it let's me see if my friends are online or not. But I could see that on the main page anyway.

So doesn't seem to do much at all really...........solved. :?

AFAICT all the friends list does is give you a list of shortcuts (membernames) on the left side of your UCP http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/ucp.php that shows you which of them is online, and which offline. Other than that, it's only "functionality" is to give you what amounts to "bookmarks" for the profiles of people you'd like to follow the posts of, for one reason or another (i.e.: the "stalker" list ;)).

So if you always want to keep track of whatever blather I put out, for instance :lol: then add me as a friend, and then from your UCP you can easily find me in the list, click on my username there, then when my profile page comes up, click on "search user's posts" to see what I've rambled about lately. ;)

Back