Aussie Role Call

dingotookmybaby said:
If theres no hotplates or snaggers i'll bring em, I can make it,
mark

Cheers mate, look like there is bar-b-qs there though, i presume they are the electric jobs we have in alot of spots along the river? throw in a buck or two and they fire up ready to cook...I wasn't planing anything fancy, just snags onions and rolls smoothered in sauce haha few beers for those that wish and a chat after the ride...Shall see if it will be worth it, we only have 5 confirmed attending thus far and two of them are still working on building their rides :-|

Do your best to get out of it Matt! heck, you been on holidays that long would they even notice if you were absent for a few hours hehehe...

KiM

1000w said:
I swapped shifts and will be able to make it on Sunday.
The BBQ's are electric and free of charge.
Cheers,
Matt.

Great stuff Matt ;) Bar-b-Qs are FREE thats sweet, years ago at McCallum Park and the reserve around near the boat shed in Crawley they were electric but cost coin to fire up... Well thats all good news ... I know ill be bringing some snags/buns and a couple of coldies for after the ride, hope others decide to hang about for a chat and a feed too...

KiM

W.A Group Ride @ Garratt Road Bridge 'reserve' meeting next to the Bayswater Paddle Sports Club building... 21st November ~4pm-6/7pm for ride bar-b-q/Drinks after..

Hi Kim,
Mark down one more for the list. I was going to be working all weekend but managed to do a swap on Sunday. :D

Cheers,
Lawrie

the weekend is almost hear

You lucky, lucky ba%*@&ds :lol: , everyone is a bit concentrated into one area it seems over there on the west coast.
And much easier to organize into a group ride.

Hope you'all have a great day.

cheers.

W.A Group Ride @ Garratt Road Bridge 'reserve' meeting next to the Bayswater Paddle Sports Club building... 21st November ~4pm-6/7pm for ride bar-b-q/Drinks after..

lalaland said:
Hi Kim,
Mark down one more for the list

Cheers,
Lawrie

::Marked down:: Lawrie, look forward to meeting up in person :wink: ...

I was just on the phone to Matt.P and said it looks like it will be a stinker if today is anything to go by, so
i getz off phone and check weather forecast...

View attachment weather.JPG

Unbelievable
... Obviously if it is pissing rain we will have to re-schedule as i am sure i'm not the only one that
finds riding in the wet anything but a 'fun activity' I doubt whatever rain we get will be heavy though
and the forecast will likely change by then or as usual be totally wrong haha, shall see how things look
Sunday mid afternoon, all planning to attend check in here before heading out or p.m
me for phone details too see if the ride will go ahead or be re-scheduled for another day... ::fingers crossed::
it will be good to go this Sunday though, looking forward to meeting up with you all and having a fun
ride around the river...

KiM

In my experience it effectively never rains in Perth through summer. I say effectively because as a Queenslander, we know what real rain is like :) A few spits will be a nice change :)

See you then Kim!

W.A Group Ride @ Garratt Road Bridge 'reserve' meeting next to the Bayswater Paddle Sports Club building... THIS SUNDAY...chaps..~4pm-6/7pm for ride bar-b-q/Drinks after..

jonescg said:
In my experience it effectively never rains in Perth through summer. I say effectively because as a Queenslander, we know what real rain is like :) A few spits will be a nice change :)

See you then Kim!

HAHA well you and Paul (Timma225) will get along just great, both of you being banna benders and all :mrgreen: :p Yes i feel whatever rain we get will be slight, damn its hot today was 30C before 9.30am
great to hear your still making it jonescg very much looking forward to meeting up :D don't happen to have a van or an enclosed trailer you can bring your race bike along in too show off do you? would LOVE to have a peak at it.

Cya there

KiM

Dude, I would love to bring it along, but I'm afraid it will have to be in the shed for a while yet. Even if it was working, I couldn't legally ride it down to the river. I don't own a car. The Blackbird is the only motorised transport we have. I might have it close to operational this weekend, but Rod is coming up from Margs next weekend to supply me with a BMS board and master unit. Might even have a charger by then (not the 3-phase monster I would like to bring to the track... muhuhuhahahaha!)

I'll be on the push-bike, but luckily I'm reasonably fit enough to keep up with you all ;)

Awww I wish I could come but I don't think i'd have any juice left in the battery after the 3723km needed to reach you guys :cry:

Watch out for the invading Boongas at the "Babakiueria" :mrgreen:

[youtube]06DKCdJWK2c[/youtube]

Hehehehe! That's classic. Where was that first aired? I want to say the Late Show, or Money or the Gun, but probably much earlier.

AussieJester said:
i getz off phone and check weather forecast...

Twaz bloody hot the last coupla day's especially as I was welding up a steel carport in the sun, looks like we left the E revolution a bit late guys, getting 39 degree's or over 100 in the old language in spring is ridiculous seeing as our hottest month's are usually Jan' to March, but looks like we are getting humidity now followed by specks of rain
ps that vid boostjuice is classic,

mark

thewmatusmoloki said:
You lucky, lucky ba%*@&ds :lol: , everyone is a bit concentrated into one area it seems over there on the west coast.
And much easier to organize into a group ride.

Hope you'all have a great day.

cheers.

Thats true more than I thought cause Ive hardly seen another but we have the most isolated city in the world and about 4000k's from the east coast where the population is much much more, but Perth is a very good cycling city, hope to go east soon to do the same

jonescg said:

See you then Kim!
yer it bloody hurts 2 inches in under a minute the sunnie again

W.A Group Ride @ Garratt Road Bridge 'reserve' meeting next to the Bayswater Paddle Sports Club building... TODAY! (weather permitting)~4pm-6/7pm for ride bar-b-q/Drinks after..

I just checked the weather forecast for today, it says its clearing towards the evening, seeing our ride is set for 4PM onwards i am
hoping all the showers have passed before then...

Forecast for Sunday
Shower or two and the chance of a thunderstorm, clearing during the evening.
Light E/SE winds tending moderate NE/NW late morning then SW'ly in the evening.

Precis: Shower or two, storm risk.
City: Max 29
Mandurah: Max 27

I think the best is wait till early afternoon and see how the weather is and make a call then
as to if we go ahead with ride day today or postpone to another date.

Shall report back here ~2PM today all wishing to attend check back then or pm me with mobile
number so i can contact you.

KiM

Will do Kim, I live a stone throw from there even can walk the dog to that location but will check back at 2, going out to a family lunch first, getting hungry thinking about it,

cheers Mark

W.A Group Ride @ Garratt Road Bridge 'reserve' meeting next to the Bayswater Paddle Sports Club building... TODAY! (weather permitting)~4pm-6/7pm for ride bar-b-q/Drinks after..

dingotookmybaby said:
Will do Kim, I live a stone throw from there even can walk the dog to that location but will check back at 2, going out to a family lunch first, getting hungry thinking about it,

cheers Mark

No worries Mark ;) We have had a couple of light showers up here in the hills this morning already, dont last more than a couple of minutes and are very light, its sooooo freakin humid though ain't it, couple of 35C plus days then this crap "What The!?!" haha...At least its not shivering cold i guess...

KiM

no rain till 12noon hear in orelia now constant drizzle but looks sunny towards perth new battery solved my isuse

W.A Group Ride @ Garratt Road Bridge TODAY GO GO GO meeting next to the Bayswater Paddle Sports Club building... ~4pm-6/7pm for ride bar-b-q/Drinks after..

Ok guys, i will be definitely heading for the ride have spoken to Matt.P he lives ~500meters from the Garratt Rd Bridge and
said the rain that way isn't an issue at all, has already ridden to Perth on his road bike this morning, when it did rain it was very light. We have had a few showers up here, the ground is dry almost immediately the rain hits it...Shall see all attending there...Bring beer and snags if you want to hang back for a barby and a chat...

KiM

The West OZ Group Ride went ahead yesterday as planned, It is with some sadness i report
one member was involved in a nasty accident, forum member Lalaland aka Lawrie
he was riding a beautifully prepared recumbent trike, actually changed my opinion of them a lil
looking at his fine example, unfortunately it didn't stay this way long into the ride. With a blast
of speed off the cycle way at ~35-40km/hr he hit a ~4foot deep 6-7foot wide ditch coming to a dead stop.
I was level with Lawrie when he went into the ditch, I passed over the bridge on the cycle way but
didn't see the ditch till Lawrie was a few feet from entering it, poor fella had no chance of seeing it
sitting low down on the bent, the ditch disguised by the lush grass.

Lauries_Bent_bent.jpg

(I had my very good friend Mick stand in the ditch to better indicate its size...)

Note:- Matt.P caught the accident on camera, out of respect for Laurie this footage will not
be posted , if at some stage Lawrie wishes this to be made public i will gladly
up the accident scenes for all to view, it isn't "gruesome" as it was shot from good 100 foot back
but none the less, it won't be shown until i am instructed otherwise from Laurie

The actions of several ES members after the accident to help Laurie must be commended in
particular Matt.P's efforts tracking back to our start point & driving Lawrie's car back to accident scene
before he was lifted be several member very carefully into his Ute, Lawrie was unable to stand or walk, his
wrecked trike was loaded and Matt drove him home where he was to be taken to hospital from
there by family member, Matt then returned on his e-bike to meeting point to catch up with the rest
of the group upon out return. I do hope with all sincerity as i am positive all members here do, that you make a
speedy and full recovery Lawrie.

This incident definitely bought the mood down a few notches i think we were all in a state of shock at what we had just witnessed in front of us...We decided to shorten the ride length and pressed on... some stills of those that made the ride....

Firstly...here's a selection of the members rides...

ride_Series_pics_1.jpg

And a snap after the ride as we had a couple of beers and a chat...before it got dark and we ran from the mosquitos,

Group_ride_group_photnames.JPG

i couldn't believe how many there were WTF!?!?! My arm looked like an aircraft carrier for mozzies :-| Thankfully i am not affected by mozzy bites.

I have a 30 minute ride video i brainlessly spent 3 hours uploading to youtube as i forgot about their 15minute max length rule :: sigh :: Shall post it lil later when uploaded to another service.

Thanks all who came along I had an excellent time aside from Lawrie's incident, let us all know how your
getting on when you can mate

I want to plan a ride again early January after the Christmas and new year festivities. hope y'all will come along again
for that one! Maybe a West Coast Highway ride to Freo!! Although, i still want to complete the full ride we planned
yesterday...

KiM

EDIT: spelling of Lawrie's name.

Was a great catch-up, but somewhat sombre due to Laurie's crash :( Was it any more pertinent that we had two wheelchair-bound members who know a thing or two about spinal injury?

But yeah, pity I didn't have an e-bike ready but I did spend the day putting my bike together to a point where she winds out :twisted:

Hope to catch up again for more e-action!

Cheers,
Chris

AussieJester said:
Thanks all who came along I had an excellent time aside from Laurie's incident, let us all know how your
getting on when you can mate

Yes that certainly was a blow to an otherwise great ride, It was a blast meeting up with yous all, and hope Lawrie will recover quickly,

Back