Avanti D8 + Cromotor + Adaptto MAX-E controller

You are the man!! you must have gonads of iron to ride the interstate like that and tunnels wow!! :shock: keep posting I could watch these videos all evening. I want a setup like that , they would lock me away if I rode like you do ,here in my hometown. but I dont see how they could catch you the way you just weave around all the traffic and hammer on down the road. very cool bike!! I will be waiting for more vids. Thanks! :D

+1 to what e-biker and the rest have said, your an animal. That is just exhilarating watching behind a screen. I can't imagine what it would be like to actually ride like that.

Great videos and great talent, keep the videos coming!

Tom

voicecoils said:
Did you make any spare torque arms sets made to sell or have drawings?
My D8 with broken hanger could use such a neat design!

included in attachments. Please make sure you corrected the hole for the hanger

Attachments

• Xromol_2.dxf
    112.9 KB · Views: 44
Got an issue with rear shock yesterday. Luckily almost got home already.
IMG_20130309_222004_515.jpg

today found correct bushings(cost me almost 30bucks locally) for replacement one
IMG_20130309_221902_314.jpg

full-throttle said:
Nice damper! Did it fit faith out any issues? I'm going to do the same with mine. Looks like the mudguard will have to go.
The lower shock mount rotates quite a bit. Perhaps a needle bearing mount is better.
I know about needle bearings, but they will arrive not earlier than in a month and I wanted to ride tomorrow! So they will wait :)
as for clearance, I believe it could interfere with mudguard bolt, just keep it in mind.
Otherwise no issue at all. I`m happy I finally installed RC4, very different feeling, much more traction from the rear wheel!

Just installed RC4. Fits fine, even with the mudguard. Had to change the screws for shorter ones.

Mmmm RC4 goodness 8)

PS the reducers are same size on your old shock (Fox Vanilla RC) and the new one (Fox Van RC4) Why did you had to change yours? Were they worn out or something?

full-throttle said:
PS the reducers are same size on your old shock (Fox Vanilla RC) and the new one (Fox Van RC4) Why did you had to change yours? Were they worn out or something?
mine rc4 was bought from the guy with demo8 and it has 15mm bottom hole instead of standard 12.7mm
that is why i had an issue with reducers.

GCinDC said:
nice brakes! better safe than sorry. was the back tire skidding out? EDIT: duh, i just remembered you don't have a rear brake!
with the batts up front, would it endo easier?
Rear wheel was in the air most of the braking :lol:
the braking skill is still ok, though it was many years ago:
IMG_4060.JPG

have not noticed any problems with flipping over - probably 12kg rear wheel with CroMotor compensates the front weight.
btw my bike has exact 50:50(front:rear) weight ratio, almost like best BMW cars :)

Allex said:
Feels like you blind all the cars, or is it just video?
Maybe you should lower your LED a bit?
 It IS working as a high beam, but most drivers does not see it more than couple of seconds, so no problem at all.
at least they see me and it is +100 points to safety.

when did you get hero3? were you using the hero1 before that?

very jealous. :mrgreen: i'm still using the hero1. :roll:

is the sound much improved?

also i meant to ask before, what's your max regen A? or maybe i already asked..

i think i'm finally realizing that a cromotor would be better for me not because of the speed, but just for lower heat... yeah, i'm slow sometimes. but of course i would just want to push it to the maximum too, in which case it would be the heat problem again. haha.

you have a temp monitor? what's the max temp C it's reached?

GCinDC said:
when did you get hero3?
is the sound much improved?
about a week ago :)
it was hero 2 before that
also i meant to ask before, what's your max regen A?
max regen amps 40a battery current, usually 15-25 battery amps on 75volts,
but because of maxcontroller regen works almost to a dead stop (5-7kph)
you have a temp monitor? what's the max temp C it's reached?
yes - thermosensor is there - max temp was about 190C :mrgreen:

GCinDC said:
i really hope the lens of the gopro is fine. but whatever, they're replaceable!
did it die in your pack? you just replace w/ new?
Gopro is fine, but i already ordered another case for it :)
the cell was a test one that was overcharged previously and was a bit puffy. we wanted to find out what voltage is critical, appeared to be more than 4.5

nice to test the "Golden" rule with something truly golden!

did you notice it starting puffing above 4.3V? i wonder if something particular happens w/ the chemistry above that point. or has the bar risen on the max voltage on these cells. btw, you said 10Ah? what cell is that? or was it 2x5ah cells?

maybe next time you can do a capacity test after it's been charged to 4.49V. :p

GCinDC said:
maybe next time you can do a capacity test after it's been charged to 4.49V. :p
sure I will :mrgreen:
it was starting to puff at about 4.45v.
cells was 10ah lipo - not 5ah

here is one more test btw, charged to 4.0v cell, no fire this time, just some smoke

[youtube]9h-dGBOI8Bg[/youtube]

Back