Brushless dual 6kw ALIEN Power system - electric longboard

super nice build!

i'm interested in the kit, much better than paying for cheap quality chinese 200W board

also the photo with the LED lights in the front reminds me of Transformers :lol:

Hi T3sla
Yes I'm pretty chuffed with it all!! not only does it look good but it rides so nice,i know i keep repeating myself but i love it!!
the LED were just a bit of fun really but the front ones really help me avoid potholes !!
FYI- a kit sent to OZ through Fedex would be £28 carriage..
I'm having a few problems trying to source a decent belt (at a reasonable price) for the kit so i'm a little behind my anticipated ready date...
It shouldn't much more than a week...

beetbocks said:
The belts are 5mm HTD 9 mm wide. I will provide the belts , I'm just finalising the length as the new brackets are a bit shorter. I should be ready to ship next week . I will post a message to everybody interested . Thanks for the patience but want everything to work perfectly ..

Iv found this one, witch I had also brought for my own set up, I'm in the middle of making my own brackets I have a hub for the wheel, but I'm still waiting for your kit as I feel it will work so much better. Will the whith of the pully I have selected line up ok with ur drive hub?

beetbocks said:
Hi T3sla
Yes I'm pretty chuffed with it all!! not only does it look good but it rides so nice,i know i keep repeating myself but i love it!!
the LED were just a bit of fun really but the front ones really help me avoid potholes !!
FYI- a kit sent to OZ through Fedex would be £28 carriage..
I'm having a few problems trying to source a decent belt (at a reasonable price) for the kit so i'm a little behind my anticipated ready date...
It shouldn't much more than a week...

Ah yes that is the other thing, ride handling.
My 800Watt board is a boat, really would be nice to have something nimble.
I also have plants for styling it with custom graphic or using old comic books to give it a cool look.

I look forward to seeing the kit complete!

when i was using the flat deck (old one) it didn't turn so good but with the new concave deck you can pump the turns from heel to toes side really nicely. the trade of is stability against turning. The looser the truck the easier and quicker it turns but it becomes less stable at high sped and vice versus......I prefer the stiffer setup as its really stable now at hard acceleration but still turn's ok

Try some double barrel bushings, I recommend orangatang or venum, but if u go for the orangatang get the orange or purple as you will get the stability and they will carve nice to, use the same in my holeys been up to 60km and still have the ability to turn a tight corner and carve the streets:)

You need to looking at hardness any thing from the 78a to 90a will be good for your set up in double barel, if u go for one barel and one cone then aim around the 90a and up mare carvy but way less stable for speeds, you can mix and march colors though I like the blood orange and yellow on my free style board as I can go fast down a hill and still turn a corner fast,

blood orange +1! realy stable but also carvy enough.

Is the belt sturdy enough for a fast acceleration? wouldnt it better if you would put 15mm ones on it??

Well thanks to this appalling British weather -Ive not been out on the board for nearly three weeks¬!! so no video ..
In the meantime I've have been working on a new hand control using a using a nice lightweight Rc handset with built in Lipo - so i still maintain the fail safe ability but I've made it quite a bit smaller . Its housed in a Aluminum /Carbon shell and fits nicely in the hand.
Ive bought a smaller lipo to fit in and re soldered the transmitter board to make it smaller again..
Its a bit rough and blocky for me but does the job well. i will make a complete alloy casing when i have a bit more spare time and make it in two halves with more radii on it..

(for all the members waiting on the kit- Its nearly finished and the belts have now arrived and i did an instruction /fitting video last night- so i will post that after a little bit of editing)

the transmitter-
flysky-gt2c-3ch-transmitter_ts910_01_zps1502adef.jpg

disassembley begins!!
IMG_0511_zps22d515b9.jpg

IMG_0506_zps4a53d956.jpg

the board before re-soldering -notice how the transmitter board sticks out--
IMG_0514_zps2b406111.jpg

its now being reversed to be over the pcb board.
IMG_0518_zpse0e040fc.jpg

the housing with electronics
IMG_0527_zpsc29ed059.jpg

shiny!!
IMG_0530_zps63038ba6.jpg

carbon..hmmm
IMG_0528_zpsc63ced2b.jpg

still maintains charging port-- :D
IMG_0529_zps30ebd746.jpg

it sits there for a while before it sends...

btw, how much to send a kit to california?

and how much motor to board clearance do u have on max lean?
can u shoot a pic?

I see that u added a 1/2" riser to the holley's
prefer to have a board with only 1/8" risers, but i guess that limit the size of ur motor.. (hmm, maybe a motor well, like wheel wells)

Nice build! I may go for a kit as well if you can get them to the US. A few questions:

Did you get regen going?
What is the range now with your 2 motors?
Do you think a single motor would be adequate? Most other E-boards seem to do fine with a single <1K motor and I'd think a 3K would be more than enough...

Thanks again for sharing.

Hi sk8norcal
Yes it's sent now.
It's £28 to send via express TNT to to the US.
There's approx 4mm clearance on full lean and about 8mm when flat.
Yes I know that the ideal set up requires the lowest deck but I originally fitted the 1/2riser because it was suggested I may get 'wheel bite' using the 83mm wheel ,the motor clears really easily actually but I wanted clearance from the road more ,really.
As I'm not going ( in reality) more than 40mph and i know fast longboarders can hit over 60-70mph ,the extra rubber gasket gives nice dampening and allows the board to turn quickly.. I'm sure once I start riding the board more regular ( when the weather warms up in the UK ) ill do some set up changes but it feels fine to me at the minute.. :D I just want to get out on it!!! :shock:
I sent all this months batch of kits out so let me know if your interested and ill put you on the list..
Cheers

Hi arronscool
I can ship via express courier to the US no problem.. Cost is £28.
Yes the regen is working and I would say ( although with the poor weather I've not had much chance to ride it) you get about 15-20 miles on the flat as with al EV it depends on the amount of throttle and hills!! :?
A single motor probably would be adequate but I actually wanted the dual drive for more traction and it w irks really well for that.. The traction is far better than a single as there weight over a wheel at all times.
Also why have one when you can have two.... :D the power delivery is intoxicating...
I worked out that the BHP per ton is 840..
Cheers

Well I got there in end and there will be more kits in the next couple of week.. I could get them machined at local machine shops faster but the cost would shoot up!!so please bear with me..
So the first batch has been sent to OZ, USA and Germany!!
Thanks for all the support and watch this space for some videos soon...
I just cannot wait for other people to experience the thrill and power of the board!!!
Maybe the next step will be complete boards?.. :?:

cacb915e9ce6400f7be1f523711e2a8d_zps215c63fa.jpg

This is absolutely brilliant. At first I was just reading through this site (which I just stumbled upon today); how did I ever miss all the goodness that is in this forum??

Anyways, then I stumbled upon this thread. At first, I just enjoyed reading about the process, because how great is it? Two guys getting together to build such an awesome toy - and you can't really say it's just a toy because it's useful too. And then getting to see it put together, step by step. I just enjoyed seeing it, because I can't do that kind of machine work myself - nothing even close. Woodworking is my limit.

Then beetlocks, you had to go and make kits for the less talented of us to use!? Awww, cmon, how can I say no!?!? I can't! I had to register so I can get signed up too! :mrgreen:

Hi
I was the exact same.. id being thinking i could do better than the elektroskate board i was using then i found this forum and saw what people are doing and I though,'i could do that'!!
Ive Pm you about the kitshapechanger.. :D
thanks

To keep you all entertained I've done a instructional video to show how easy the kit is to put together.. Please excuse my gay presenting voice and the jerky zoom ( couldn't find charger for my HD can).hope you enjoy!! :D
[youtube]OlCyOAUfp2o[/youtube]

I have now sourced a good price on the 15t pulley wheel to fit to the motor- Its in Aluminum (rare on this size) with a 3mm key way and 3mm grub screw.I will also provide the 3mm key steel to match.
The cost is £15.99 each .. The only down side is i cannot get them for 10 days initially as i have to buy a batch of 10 minimum to get this price..
I can put these in with the kit so there be no extra postage..just let me know when you order the kit..
I should have them for when the next batch kits is ready in a couple of weeks..

Back