CSC 1500w Rear Hub build

Addressed on your other dup post on this subject. :)

Somebody will probably come along shortly to ask you to combine the double posts.
[/quote]

Got ya. Just figured this post is documenting the build etc but that a specific question about bicycle mechanics would be better suited under that topic.

Looking good, those torque arms should be more than sufficient. I did a similar method but only used the little small part of the torque arm and screwed that directly to the frame/drop out.

As far as your wheel being off centered you could tighten the spokes on the side that has the larger gap and that should move the wheel over. Just check the spoke tension with your fingers to make sure they’re not already too tight compared to the other side. I would start with a half a turn on each spoke nipple. Use the valve stem as a reference of where you started. Look up on YouTube how to “dish” a wheel. Also like stated above for these type of questions it might be best to post them in the ebike general discussion, it will also help keep your build thread clean.

Eastwood said:
As far as your wheel being off centered you could tighten the spokes on the side that has the larger gap and that should move the wheel over. Just check the spoke tension with your fingers to make sure they’re not already too tight compared to the other side.

A quick check on whether it's a dishing issue is to flip the wheel the opposite direction and see if the larger gap switches to the other side. Otherwise, ya, adjust the spokes.

E-HP said:
Eastwood said:
As far as your wheel being off centered you could tighten the spokes on the side that has the larger gap and that should move the wheel over. Just check the spoke tension with your fingers to make sure they’re not already too tight compared to the other side.

A quick check on whether it's a dishing issue is to flip the wheel the opposite direction and see if the larger gap switches to the other side. Otherwise, ya, adjust the spokes.

Yeah I thought the same at first but he has disc brakes so the rotor is just on one side :wink:

Back