Custom_CHRoMo_CRuiSER

For your 12V at 2-3amps you can use any old power pack for a laptop or printer that outputs your desired amount of power, I have run 12V feeds like that from 12S and 18S so the lower DC voltage does not affect them. I had one running my Nuvinci drive on another bike for ages until i decide to change it to 48V to the Nuvinci. Try your local computer shop, they often have power packs in the bin.

Great looking bike as always, wish i had the patience to spend the time making everything as close to perfect as possible. I have the time.....just not that patience :)

yeah cheers Bluefang i have considered lappy psu but they are a lil on the large side for my application.

Thanks for the encouragement fellas...bit of a break for next two days back into it Monday..

More soon

KiM

Really liking the low c.o.g. of motor and batt. placement, another magic build from the master, and yeah has been a stinker temp wise, keep cool

Hey Kim, in that photo on the previous page.... I can see your nipple! :twisted:

Sorry bud, but no chubs for me.... few chuckles tho at your man-whore status- I dare you to say that the nip nip being in the photo was an accident! :wink:

@ DinoGo man...cheers buddy, should be available for next group ride fiiinally LoL

@ Andy...HAHAHA nip slip bwahaha! trust you to spot it buddy :p it actually wasn't intentional if it was i would have had both my beautiful pierced nipples in pic to really get Jay hard :mrgreen: bwahahaha... :p :mrgreen:

EXCITING MORNING!!!

Mr Danny Mayes came by with his highly modified WORKING Infineon 12fet controller, so
we could finally test this rewound CA120 Turnigy in sensored mode, after some issues i.e bum
throttle(s) Dannys connectors on halls were lil dodgey and we realized his controller had low voltage
cuttoff, we were using Meanwel psu, not enough volts, SO! wheeled in the bike with 72v lipo
pack hooked it up sorted the wiring using Lyen tester and BAM-->

[youtube]6ioKGpAgMBo[/youtube]

So yes i'm one happy e-biker this morning! Cant wait to hook this to a ThudSTeR two speed
and let her RiiiiP!!!

Big thanks to Thud for all his advice, and to Danny for making the trek up this morning cheers fellas ;)

More soon chaps...

KiM

EDiT..Again:- i forgot to mention the no load current is tad under 5amp big improvement on the stock wound motor IIRC its up near 20amp no load LoL...

rodgah said:
ooooooo looks good!

I may of missed it somewhere, what are you going to use to balance the cells of your new pack?

Page 8 matey... 8)

IMG_20121205_105347.jpg

Balancing with Hyperion bulk charging Meanwel ..uhm, actually been looking
at battery chargers on BMSBatterys ~150 bucks 1000watt job...

KiM

rodgah said:
ahh very good, so the hyperion can still balance without the main + and - connected?

I have been thinking the same about bulk chargers, especially now that I have a 24s pack to contend with......but i do like the hyperion's balance.

Roger that Rodger LoL..yeah mate, Hyperion can balance only, no power leads need connecting...Can't charge with Hyperion via balance taps however, without main leads connected it errors. I have had this pack sitting on the bench at least 4 months? And the cells have stayed at 3.85v 40c Turnigy cells are the shitz...

KiM

Rodney64 said:
It will fly Kim. What's your top speed going to be.

Had previous bike gear limited to ~85km/hr ... geared up
it did 95 though LoL this one will be about the same but quicker
getting there... Into acceleration not top end speed... 8)

KiM

About 50rpm/v right AJ?

70v so 3500 rpm.

I would have guessed it was faster by the sound of it but I ain't that experienced with RC motors.

It sure does sound sweet though!

Thud actually will confirm this, i spoke to him last night, I thought that's what it was, but to be sure Thud said he will crank up his CA120 with same wind and termination as mine, and put the digital tacho on it, it definitely sounded like it was ripping around quicker didn't it, frocking screams, I love the sound at full noise, Poor ol Todd has rewoud so many motors since winding his CA120 though, he actually unsure of exact kv of this motor, either way he also needed confirmation so he can sort correct gearing for the box. I think we might see some pics soon of the controller I believe he was heading to the ThuDCaVe to start workon it yesterday.

I'm very excited, I will need Danny or Matt.P up to test ride this beast before I jump on it I think, I don't want to be the first to flip it teehehe

KiM

Another day another dollar....
Got some work done on controller assembly...check out GC's new bike thread for many pictures & detailz...woulda got further but had a buddy drop by with some of his work for me to check out...being a fisherman, I thought you may get a kick out of these wooden fish hooks he's selling.
SAM_0125_zps5d25d5fe.jpg

& to put it in scale:
SAM_0129_zps8b1cf78f.jpg

here are the fet's were using:
SAM_0123_zpsf22a7ea7.jpg

how many motor's can you count on my "catch-all" bench :oops: gotta clean this pigs stye out!
SAM_0135_zps119e9a31.jpg

anywho...I got your board populated & picked up some grometts to run the big wire out of box proper. We just need to do the trace build up & re-anodize the case
I'll get some better pics tomorrow for ya....trying to get a box in the mail next weekend for your little project. :mrgreen:

Thud said:
...being a fisherman, I thought you may get a kick out of these wooden fish hooks he's selling.
SAM_0125_zps5d25d5fe.jpg

& to put it in scale:
SAM_0129_zps8b1cf78f.jpg

Yup, themz about the size of the hooks i use...for catching bait :p :mrgreen:
Very impressive carving though, Tackle shops would surely love one of these hanging on their
wall!

Thud said:
here are the fet's were using:
SAM_0123_zpsf22a7ea7.jpg

Thud said:
how many motor's can you count on my "catch-all" bench :oops: gotta clean this pigs stye out!
SAM_0135_zps119e9a31.jpg

anywho...I got your board populated & picked up some grometts to run the big wire out of box proper. We just need to do the trace build up & re-anodize the case
I'll get some better pics tomorrow for ya....trying to get a box in the mail next weekend for your little project. :mrgreen:

My gaaawd ^^^ lol@all the motors! ...i see you are putting some form of goop on the top of the windings Todd?
Just to keep the wires together i presume. I did this also with two part epoxy
on some of the windings, also drizzled a bottle of motor winding varnish over the windings
got right down inbetween the first winds on the teeth too, where the wires are touching
takes alot of pounding to get six turns with dual wires on this motor with 15ga i was worried
some of the insulation might be chipped, seeing i used sections of this wire multiple times i thought some additional insulation "insurance" might be warranted...No shorting so all good thus far touch wood!

Your an absolute champ though Todd cant thankyou enough buddy! I sussed the pics in GCinDCs weight weenie thread for additional pics, heres link
bois Great work!! some lil tricks from the great Methods being applied to this controller
hoping this is the last controller i pop for awhile!

mushymelon said:
Excellent work I love every thing about this bike.
Such an impressive build every piece is well thought out and fabricated with skill.

Can't wait to see it in action.

Cheers

Mushymelon

Dear Santa
I would like a giant hand crafted treble hook for Christmas (its amazing)

Thankyou for the kind words mushy, always appreciated. Can't wait myself
to see it running its taken ALOT LOT longer than first anticipated thats
for sure, bloody wiminez LOL....soz Karan jokes :p Actually a single man again
now so have heap more free time to devote to my second baby.... ;)

More to come soon, need to make a few more trips to the ex's to grab final of my
tools and materials...

KiM

Wow what a sweat motor, does seem to rev higher than 3500 very responsive, what was the bike you used the throttle off? looked like your old blue cruiser which i thought was converted to a pedaller show bike

dingoEsride said:
Wow what a sweat motor, does seem to rev higher than 3500 very responsive, what was the bike you used the throttle off? looked like your old blue cruiser which i thought was converted to a pedaller show bike

Correct was the ol blue cruiser, still electric but at moment no electrics LoL..thinking of converting it to a trike and popping the old two speed in it from the cruiser actually...

I have been making good progress, as has Todd be a pic full mega update in few days gents... :wink:

KiM

Thought i would add pics now as i had a lil injury in the workshop so
have the rest of the afternoon 'off'

I been working on the motor/gearbox mount, the mount is near same as before
with the exception the new 2 speed gearbox ThudSTeR has put together, doesn't have a side plate
to mount the motor too, thus i have extended the flat plate of the gearbox mount to accommodate
the mounting of the Turnigy CA120, here's a few snaps of how i'm doing this-->

motor_amp_Gearbox_mount.jpg

I'm using 10mm ali for the engine mounts and 8mm to miount them too, the pieces that will be bolted
to the frame are also 10mm ali..

As you can see by the last pic, i 'damaged' a couple of digits, got my hand in the way of my "trained beavers"
Took a couple of nice chunks out of the ol fingers and nails, lil sore, be worse tomorrow, called it a day after that.
Been working on these mounts for a week couple hours each day, nearly there..

Hope to have more progress to report soon, i think Thud is close to having everything ready..

ciao for now amigos..

KiM

Back