E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

QuietRush said:
Yep, they're related, @senilespeedteam have already been in touch regarding resolving this issue off-forum by direct email. Doing this direct via Stealth will be easiest as they know the delta between Bomber 42 and current edition, so can advise on other upgrades that may have happened in the production runs since then. I'm happy to help, but Bright is closer to Melbourne than Canberra. Hope the seller has held onto his shipping crate if this is going to get to the UK.

Seller mentioned lots of bubble wrap to me!

Emailed seller with a few questions a few days ago, specifically about battery. Unanswered. That was enough for me to decide not to bid.

I got an answer from his partner who said he was having a heart op hence the late communications. She did mention that they still had the original crate.

natedog said:
I really want to buy one of these but the thing that is holding me back is that,
1. bomber or Fighter.
2. Can it climb hills?

Most of the vids are on terrain that is flat, anyone have any hill climbing footage?

I live in Austin Texas, USA its hilly and Rocky, ant technical... what ya all think?

Check the video I'd posted at http://youtu.be/D8PbM9PZDUw which will show a pretty decent rock slab starting at 1:06 (part of the Blood Rock loop), noting that I'm riding a Fighter. The bike descends fine, but the climb is steep, would challenge an expert mtb or mtb trials rider a bit. The Fighter is too tall geared to ride back up that slab, but we're talking a bit extreme here. With some hefty approach speed and 'do or die' attitude, it might be possible, but low speed starts and high speed motors do have their finite limits. I did find myself wondering about whether the high torque motor would have been a better option in these conditions..

I'll have a hunt for the footage that showed me trying to climb it so you can see the stall point. Fatigue was also a factor after a hefty riding session, running lower gearing for pedal effort or a derailleur might address the problem. Can't have it all..remember that the loop I'm riding in this video is rated as a double-black (extremely difficult), see the trail rating systems in place at http://stromloforestpark.com.au/trial_updates.php

I know that I could do it on a GasGas 200 or KTM300, but they're a different kind of beast and most definitely not suitable in this world class facility.

QuietRush said:
Yep, they're related, @senilespeedteam have already been in touch regarding resolving this issue off-forum by direct email. Doing this direct via Stealth will be easiest as they know the delta between Bomber 42 and current edition, so can advise on other upgrades that may have happened in the production runs since then. I'm happy to help, but Bright is closer to Melbourne than Canberra. Hope the seller has held onto his shipping crate if this is going to get to the UK.

Smart move by the potential buyer to get Stealth to get it checked out. Wish I'd thought of it!

Saluti Ragazzi,
Does anybody know if the hub motors on the 2012 Fighters and Bombers are the same? Looks the same in the pics on-line but I cant find nothing close up.

Rubber side down, Rix

Rix said:
Saluti Ragazzi,
Does anybody know if the hub motors on the 2012 Fighters and Bombers are the same? Looks the same in the pics on-line but I cant find nothing close up.

Rubber side down, Rix

I am pretty sure you will find that they are different. I know the 2011 / 12 motor on the fighter is very different to my 2010/11 bomber.

Rix said:
Saluti Ragazzi,

Rubber side down, Rix

Motors are completely different. Fighter has a HT/ HS motor and the Bomber has the much sort after 54xx motor. Comparing a 6 cylinder motor against a V8 :)

Kepler said:
Rix said:
Saluti Ragazzi,

Rubber side down, Rix

Motors are completely different. Fighter has a HT/ HS motor and the Bomber has the much sort after 54xx motor. Comparing a 6 cylinder motor against a V8 :)

Typical Aussie likening to a V8, hee hee. Surprised you did not mention a Holden? BTW, I run a 5.5Supercharged V8 in My AMG so not knocking them!

kiqnkf said:
Has everyone seen this already?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170812784741?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1202

Shill bidding at the $3250 mark by a new ebay buyer with no previous buying history pushed the existing genuine bidders to $6100 at which point the auction was closed by ebay.

Dishonesty to push up the price might be your forte but it doesn't make it right.

Kepler said:
So what is the point of that post? Someone feeling ripped? Sounds like a fair price.

Justtoby said:
Kepler said:
Rix said:
Saluti Ragazzi,

Rubber side down, Rix

Typical Aussie likening to a V8, hee hee. Surprised you did not mention a Holden? BTW, I run a 5.5Supercharged V8 in My AMG so not knocking them!

Busted :lol:
mmm, Supercharged V8. That's my Bomber on 125V :p

Seriously nice car Justtoby. 8)
Mine is a 6.2 litre V8 HSV GST with a some improved breathing and custom tune. Goes well but I am tipping not as well as your beast.

Shilling said:
Dishonesty to push up the price might be your forte but it doesn't make it right.

Kepler said:
So what is the point of that post? Someone feeling ripped? Sounds like a fair price.

Rather then insulting me, perhaps you should be speaking to ebay.

I would certainly like to think he got $6500 for it. Shill bidded-ed or not.

Kepler, as far as complaining to Ebay, is there any point? You see it happen daily. Gone are the days of ebay bargains, they charge too much to list nower days.

quote]

Seriously nice car Justtoby. 8)
Mine is a 6.2 litre V8 HSV GST with a some improved breathing and custom tune. Goes well but I am tipping not as well as your beast.[/quote]

I went out in an HSV when I was in Bundaberg, I really liked it, the owner had all of the "I just got one" hats and beer glasses etc...He had the same engine in his speed boat too!

My AMG puts out 500bhp (380kw ??) and 500 lb/ft of torque. It has been delimitted to 200mph and it will do 153mph in 4th before changing up to 5th. It is about as quick as my friends 911 Turbo that has been chipped and had a sports exhaust.

Kepler and Justtoby,
Thank you for getting back to me on the hub motor info. At some point, I will be rodding the Fighter with 6 22.2V 8300 mAH Desire Lipo batteries wired in three series of two. I say all of this and I haven't even received the fighter yet. I will be drawing 70-80 amps out of the battery for the safe to peak voltage range. I am thinking somwhere in the 70 to 80 volt range. Will have to do some math to determine exactly where my cutoffs and shutoffs will be set with the CA. With the Bomber motor, It should be able to push my 260 pound 118 KG butt around with out melting down. Also, I read some gouged about drilling out hub motors for heat dispersion, I think I saw somebody post it earlier in this forum. Is that a good set up for cooling? BTW Justtoby, I am with you on fast shit. I have a Toyota Tacoma with a 2.7 Liter I4. Stock HP is around 159. My pop's shop will be installing a turbo, lighter valves, rods, port and flow the heads, pistons, and a hi PSI FI system in later this summer. I am going for 300 WHP. Rubber side down,

Rix

Rix said:
Kepler and Justtoby,
Thank you for getting back to me on the hub motor info. At some point, I will be rodding the Fighter with 6 22.2V 8300 mAH Desire Lipo batteries wired in three series of two. I say all of this and I haven't even received the fighter yet. I will be drawing 70-80 amps out of the battery for the safe to peak voltage range. I am thinking somwhere in the 70 to 80 volt range. Will have to do some math to determine exactly where my cutoffs and shutoffs will be set with the CA. With the Bomber motor, It should be able to push my 260 pound 118 KG butt around with out melting down. Also, I read some gouged about drilling out hub motors for heat dispersion, I think I saw somebody post it earlier in this forum. Is that a good set up for cooling? BTW Justtoby, I am with you on fast shit. I have a Toyota Tacoma with a 2.7 Liter I4. Stock HP is around 159. My pop's shop will be installing a turbo, lighter valves, rods, port and flow the heads, pistons, and a hi PSI FI system in later this summer. I am going for 300 WHP. Rubber side down,

Rix
Hey Rix...I expect a lot of us are speed freaks and you sound like a hot rodder....

I know some have run the hubs at this voltage, if you melt the motor eventually then I would replace it with the Bomber motor...I wouldnt push the envelope as far as it will go as 72v in a Fighter would be very quick anyway. I think you would need to upgrade the controller eventually too. Might be worth selling the stock motor and controller and then buying bigger eventually once you are out of warranty on the standard stuff?

Justtoby,
I bet you are right, were all a bunch of motorheads that cant leave stock stuff alone. If I would have forsight, I should have asked if I could order the fighter with the Bomber hub motor and controller. I will definately look into selling and upgrading the hub and controller after the warranty has expired. Oh well, I know I will enjoy it either way. 5 more weeks and its here. YAH!!!!!!!

Rix

Kepler said:
Shilling said:

Kepler said:

Rather then insulting me, perhaps you should be speaking to ebay.

i think the op might have been talking in third person mode buddy ? i dont think he was aiming that one at you :?

Rix said:
Justtoby,
I bet you are right, were all a bunch of motorheads that cant leave stock stuff alone. If I would have forsight, I should have asked if I could order the fighter with the Bomber hub motor and controller. I will definately look into selling and upgrading the hub and controller after the warranty has expired. Oh well, I know I will enjoy it either way. 5 more weeks and its here. YAH!!!!!!!

Rix

5 long weeks...it feels like ages when waiting on something like this, doesn't it!

The Strealth company are keen to keep the bikes complete as they leave the factory so I don't think you could mix and match as they want to keep the brand pure but there is never any harm in asking. You will love it.

What colour did you go for?

Shilling said:

Kepler said:

here's another wild scenario... someone who's been wanting a stealth for ages but is a little short on the doh jumped at the opptertunity and put in a bid of $6k or whatever, but they weren't an ebay member before now (yes, there are people out there like that!). There's little need and no real benefit to artificially inflating the price when you could simply end the action before the last 12hrs with the reason 'no longer available' if you weren't happy with the $. what seems more plausible?

Kepler said:
Mine is a 6.2 litre V8 HSV GST with a some improved breathing and custom tune.
Mine is a lowly 300kw XR6 turbo :| :lol:
Interesting to compare the demographic of the sort of people who buy these bikes though - clearly those who have fast/powerful rides no matter how many wheels it has!

Re: putting the bomber motor on the fighter, I wouldn't recommend it. There's a reason the bomber has a much bigger shock on it - to handle the weight of the massive hub it's dragging around under it's bum. You'll get good results by overvolting the stock motor, as long as you don't go too mad with the power. But yeah, drilling the covers is a must.

As for ebay, things worth decent money like this are often listed elsewhere and sellers should indicate this, letting people know that the auction could end early. That said, you can't really get sand in your vagina if you miss out on an ebay deal. It's the nature of the game whether things start with a listing price of 99c or $50000. I've picked up bargains before and also missed out on things I thought I was sure to win. I've also gone out to peoples houses to personally inspect items I didn't want to buy unseen and they've been happy to take cash on the spot and end the auction. It's kinda slack to people who are bidding for $2 and think they're going to snag a bargain but from a sellers point of view they get a price they're happy with and do away with the headache of non-paying bidders and then having to relist it again etc.

I have just re-read Rix's post where he says he is 118kg, that is nearly 19 stone...I certainly do not mean to be rude in any way but that is a lot of weight for a bike and it will dull the performance by quite a bit I guess, I am under 80kg!

Hope not to offend but worth the discusion?

Back