Finally RUNNING!! page 5 ride vids Here!! need better qualit

Yeah soon! I have had to help my parents move the last couple weekends so hopefully this weekend ill get some done!

Finally! Some progress!!

All that's left is to dial in the little touches on the brackets, and mount it up!

Boy! The MAC without the spoke flanges is actually QUITE SMALL for a 3000 watt capable mid drive WITH its own reduction built in! I can't wait to get this kit on the market!

Attachments

• 012112171850.jpg
    012112171850.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,425
  • 012112171909.jpg
    012112171909.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 376
Thanks!

Whiplash said:
Boy! The MAC without the spoke flanges is actually QUITE SMALL for a 3000 watt capable mid drive WITH its own reduction built in! I can't wait to get this kit on the market!

I can't wait either, I've been going over something like this in my head for my next build.

Any idea what you'll be charging?

My lathe!

Afternoon project pics! I added adjustability to the bracket for chain tightening and frame variations..

Should have it ready to bolt in permanently by next weekend for sure!

It also worked out to have better ground clearance than I thought being a couple inches higher than the 44T chainring so it should not interfere much if at all with off road clearance!

Attachments

• 012812163419.jpg
    012812163419.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,207
  • 012812163805.jpg
    012812163805.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 1,205
Oh yeah, this is how you work on your E-Bike with a 9built month old girl in the house!

Lol!

Attachments

• 012812171141.jpg
    012812171141.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 1,198
End of the day update:

Getting close! Just need to do the other side and slot the holes in the mid plates. Then I simply weld half of each shaft clamp to its respective mount plate and im ready to final finish/paint and assemble! Oh I also need a proper spacer cut on the lathe for the right chainring so it lines up with the motor sprocket...

Attachments

• 012812230002.jpg
    012812230002.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 1,175
  • 012812230036.jpg
    012812230036.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,175
  • 012812230059.jpg
    012812230059.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,175
looking good mate! really looking forward to seeing how this one runs, I was split between getting a mac for a mid drive and the usual 80100.

Do you know the new outer diameter of the mac without the flanges?

Thanks! The diameter is down from over 7" to under 6.5" so its considerably smaller.. On my bike I have over 11" of ground clearance vertically with the drive in place

I am wondering if you can tell me a bit more please about your mac motor. I was reading from a retailers site that it spins nice and slow so this sounds good for keeping the motor in its happy zone for putting around slow and up hills for a DD application.Wondering if you would know how it compares to a Crystalite HT or HS for quality, torque, and handling overheating say if you are running something like 48v with a 35a controller? I am guessing it would not be as quiet as the HS or HT?

Sure thing, 48v 35a is right in line for the MAC. I have to say that pound for pound and watt for watt up to about 2500 watts the MAC really has no equal in my book. Now obviously if you are wanting more power, then its not the right choice, but 2500 watts in the MAC is more like 3500 in a DD hub and it will be heavier than the MAC. I also think the MAC is just as quiet as a dd hub since it takes less wattage to do the same work..

UGH, sorry guys, I am barely alive right now, I got this horrible cold and have been fighting it all last week. I was hoping to have this thing up and running this weekend, but no dice, I should get it this coming weekend!

Hope you are on the mend Whiplash. When you get things up and running and if you get a chance to make a video of the bike in action I for one would sure like to hear how it sounds from up close. I have not seen or heard a mac hub running and the sound part of the equation is fairly important to me for the next bike I build. The more I get thinking about my next bike I am leaning towards this Mac hub with a mid drive so I will be following your progress with interest. I am hoping your combination of bicycle sprockets and mid drive package along with your little Mac hub is a winner! All the best.

Thanks! It has been one thing after another lately, now my parents sold their house so I had to spend the last week moving my stuff I was storing there to my garage, sick and all! I will try hard to get it going soon, im running out of nice weather!!!

Just wanted to let those that have been watching this thread, I have not given up, just dealing with life right now. Had t buy a cheap ride for the commute when the bike may be down and had only a little to spend so I spent the last two weekends working on it getting it up to speed. Cool ride though, a 91' LX mustang 5.0 nice little hot rod for 1500 bucks. Then the baby got sick so we will see how it goes, its really disgusting when all you need is a few cuts and spot welds to complete a year long project and you can't even get that done! BUT don't worry I am down but not out, it will happen soon!

Sorry to hear you been ill mate, have you been able to check the forums much? you
might be interested in this build if you havent already seen it

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37489

^^ best use of a frock motor i have seen...some mad skills there

KiM

Thanks AJ,

That is one Killer build!

Hey whip, you coming out to the Riverside race next weekend? Bring what you got running and hang out, it would be good to finally meet you.

My schedule is crap right now I wish I could go. But I DID get a fire lit under my ass to the get this Trail Drive going! I only need a half link for the chain and wire it up and is GOOD TO GO!! I love how it turned out, I'll paint it all up once it has been proven out but it seems like im in business!! The best part is, its only a few simple parts on the lathe, and 6 laser cut plates and you have a freewheeling mid drive!! Ill post video in action as soon as I have it. I should get the chain link in a day or two...

Attachments

• 031112193339.jpg
    031112193339.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 1,247
  • 031112193407.jpg
    031112193407.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,247
Its ALIVE!! I got it up and running and rode it and LOVE IT! Dead silent and torquey like hell!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvaYmksCk_Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Whiplash said:
Its ALIVE!! I got it up and running and rode it and LOVE IT! Dead silent and torquey like hell!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvaYmksCk_Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

cant wait for some running shots... I wonder how much power the mac will handle now that its running via the gears...

how big is that front chaining?

44t for now..

Back