GoldenMotor MP3 in Trek 2013 29er, great combo!

You have to loose all motor panel screws at disc side.

Then punch (on the axle) at the freewheelside.
The motor panel at disc side will have some play now.
Now you can grab the panel and get it off.

For the motor panel at freewheel side.
Just punch the on the axle and the stator will go off the axle.

Hi

It's not possible to fix the internal controller, too many components broken. I have to get another one, warranty or not. What is the model of the Magic Pie 3 controller ?

PI-300I internal?

-rado

radoCol said:
Hi

It's not possible to fix the internal controller, too many components broken. I have to get another one, warranty or not. What is the model of the Magic Pie 3 controller ?

PI-300I internal?

-rado

That's only USB interface cable...

Hey - sorry to hear about the damage! They do say if something is going to break, better that it breaks right away (so under warranty)! Stuff usually breaks right away (if there is a defect) or after a lot of hard use. Hope they resolve and you get many years of trouble free service moving forward! If it were me, I'd be tempted to take the external controller route - that way if something does go wrong then way easier to access and fix/replace!

miro13car said:
RadoCal
Have you fixed your Magic??
Those MPie motors for sure have nice graphics on covers

Hi, Thanks for asking :lol: The GM china sent me a replacement controller and everything was working like 5 seconds. I did test drive and the hub motor broke down. Here's the video of the problem... http://youtu.be/fIFtIuJn7_E and here is what happened:
8447220507_d444923d82_b.jpg

So the washer in the hub broke down and caused stuck between stator and magnets. Four magnets are also broken because the washer was there in the wrong place...
8447220907_d3b9300998_b.jpg

these washers...
8447220651_b30aa508ae_b.jpg

but stator seems to be ok...
8448306146_d91a0f3803_b.jpg

I'm waiting new washers from GM China. I think they should send me a new motor. I'm lucky because they have very good customer support. So what I learned here...Don't buy from China if you don't get warranty and good customer support. I will post more info when I can assembly my wheel again and do some test driving. Some day I will enjoy my ebike but not today...

O well I know how the motor looks inside.
But sharing the pictures is welcome hahaha :lol:

How did you know the motor/c ring was broken?
Motor was making some sort of noises?
Hmm you are not lucking with the motor.

Mine motor is still running......
Running hours of mine motor is now > 2000 km.
And I am not slow person with playing the throttle level :lol:

MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER said:
O well I know how the motor looks inside.
But sharing the pictures is welcome hahaha :lol:

How did you know the motor/c ring was broken?
Motor was making some sort of noises?
Hmm you are not lucking with the motor.

Mine motor is still running......
Running hours of mine motor is now > 2000 km.
And I am not slow person with playing the throttle level :lol:

Yes, lot of noise, Like...scraaaatchhhhh... :) I hope my bad luck turns better...

Hmm I am still curious how it's possible the circlip is broken or came off the stator axle.

Yes it's a good motor after doing a lot of mods.

Circlip, weakest link of the chain...or just my bad luck.

Well the circlip doesn't move at all o well I think you have bad luck.

So where was the circlip located. I don't know? With two washers and then circlip in the casette side axle?

your case proof that buying China brand system from wherever is a hit and miss.
Your broken circleclip is just another example to proof my points about China metalurgy .
Shoddy is the right word here , especially for European like German or Holland/Duch.
it makes you wonder what other metal parts can break soon.
Did you keep broken controller, or you send it back ?
shipping cost money right?
the point is that it is NOT free to use waranty.

A broken circlip is an odd one. I took apart my magic pie and put it together many times without having any issues like that.
This motor looks really good on a 29er!

BTW if this internal controller breaks down, get an external controller.. You can push amazing power into these motors... :}

[youtube]rN8YfwFB61o[/youtube]

Yes these motors are way overpriced for their quality.

But you should know when designed and made by China and the price..... their should a alarm ringing in your brains :lol:

MAGICPIEFOCUSPOWER,
completely agree, overpriced,
and that you buy complete product , rip open it, remove electr part /controller/ and replace with another electr part - that must be radiculous to most customers.
you definitely want somebody to wish you good luck when you are buying Magic Pie.
Maybe it will work, sort off?

HAHA!! I can't believe how wimpy that controller looks!
Throw that crap in the trash and get an infineon!!

Back