HP 3kW PSU - charging solution

Why not? There are many females in such fields; I know a few (though most of them don't interest me for personality reasons).

BTW, the "gender-linked interests" you're describing are not gender-linked, they are cultural gender boundaries or tendencies for education/etc. (I suppose it could be argued that the brain itself is a bit different between the genders, but I often wonder about a person that is one gender that is raised entirely by the other without exposure to the preconceptions and cultural boundaries that usually alter thinking patterns)

Meanwell are as good as the A123 are for the battery!

I lve my Meanwell!

Here is my inventory:

1x Meanwell SP-750-24
1x Meanwell RCP-1000-48 ( give 1250W continuous)
1x Meanwell 1500-48 ( give 1720W continuous)

Soon.. maybe i'll a new RSP-1000 to connect with my RCP-1000 and get a really lightweight anc compact 2500W 100V adjustable from 72 to 110V charger :mrgreen:

Doc

Endless-sphere - EV tech & gender politics

FYI - there is a se-1000-12 meanwell on ebay right now going for $30
If I could find a way to current limit it (other than fetches board which is now sold out), I'd snap it up!

auraslip said:
Endless-sphere - EV tech & gender politics

FYI - there is a se-1000-12 meanwell on ebay right now going for $30
If I could find a way to current limit it (other than fetches board which is now sold out), I'd snap it up!

:wink:
I know how to

Nehmo said:
auraslip said:
Smart girl? One that likes electronics?
You'll probably have to settle for one that is smart in a different way. There are certain interests that are gender-linked. That is, girls may be into shoe styles, and guys know about engine displacement. (There seems to be a fag category too that's similar to, but still different from, that of the girls, you know, interior decorating, etc.) The gender split was probably naturally developed because a division of labor adds efficiency to a society, and a difference in interests leads to a division of labor.
Anyway, there are plenty of smart chicks out there - some, smarter than you. But don't expect them to know what a PN junction is.

Complete rubbish.

There are plenty of cutting-edge physicists, chemists (does Marie Currie ring a bell?), astronomers (Henrietta Swan Leavitt), engineers, electricians, doctors, who are all women. My aunt is an electrician and a highly capable one at that I might add.

Joseph C. said:
Nehmo said:
auraslip said:
Smart girl? One that likes electronics?
You'll probably have to settle for one that is smart in a different way. There are certain interests that are gender-linked. That is, girls may be into shoe styles, and guys know about engine displacement. (There seems to be a fag category too that's similar to, but still different from, that of the girls, you know, interior decorating, etc.) The gender split was probably naturally developed because a division of labor adds efficiency to a society, and a difference in interests leads to a division of labor.
Anyway, there are plenty of smart chicks out there - some, smarter than you. But don't expect them to know what a PN junction is.

Complete rubbish.

There are plenty of cutting-edge physicists, chemists (does Marie Currie ring a bell?), astronomers (Henrietta Swan Leavitt), engineers, electricians, doctors, who are all women. My aunt is an electrician and a highly capable one at that I might add.
Nature vs nurture? Hmm? I wouldn't say it's complete rubbish, but for me personally it suffices to say that men and women are generally attracted to certain occupations. But, there are strong cultural influences involved. In France, men are mostly waiters in the US the opposite is true.. :?: :?: :?:

Joseph C. said:
Nehmo said:
...There are certain interests that are gender-linked. ...
Complete rubbish.

Finding a handful of exceptions doesn't make a generalization rubbish. Physics is certainly dominated by males. And so goes for some of the other fields you mentioned. I took auraslip's comment ("Haha thanks doc. Smart girl? One that likes electronics? I'll take a look.....") about finding a girl who likes electronics as almost kidding.

We can argue the nature/nurture thing ad nauseum but the fact is that many smart (high IQ with good ability) women are in not-so-smart jobs and careers. It is too bad but it is just that way it is in a male dominated society. Smart and caring women are out there but you either have to be lucky or be looking. Medicine is one major profession where the women will soon outnumber the men, if they don't already. Don't give up the search, auraslip!
otherDoc

My first girlfriend is half way through med school. Smart enough for sure. Doesn't hurt that her dad is one of the top research oncologist in the world.

Met a girl (and got her number :D) last night that could talk rings around anything I knew about literature.

Honestly, there aren't many girls out there who are interested in "hard" sciences. And if they are, there noses are buried in a textbook or they're busy in a lab.

And that's fine. Sometimes you need a reprise.

I know how to

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280723368656&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Make it so!

wineboyrider said:
In France, men are mostly waiters in the US the opposite is true.. :?: :?: :?:
I would guess that is because being a waiter/waitress is a high level job that commands a lot of respect in France. And rightly so.

'Maitre'd' doesn't translate as master for no reason and they aren't exactly living on the breadline either.

It doesn't matter how good the food is in a restaurant, you could be in Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck consuming fantasy food, if you get just one obnoxious waiter/waitress your evening is ruined.

The job is seen as having high status, therefore men gravitate towards it.

Just got back from honeymoon going across USA for the first time, went to a weird town in Arizona called Needles I think it was at a place called Pirate Bay or something.

The conversation with nice looking but a bit dumb girls went like this:

Me: Hi, we found this place by accident....

Girl Server: Accident? How did you do then (really confused look on face)

Me: ...errr..never mind (smiled nicely), I see you hire boats and canoes?

Girl Server: (wearing tight top and hot pants I might add)....oh you'd have to enquirer for the details

Me: (with sarcastic but nicely toned UK humor...totally wasted though in this conversation).....consider myself inquiring :D

Girl Server: I'm sorry???

Me: Do you hire out boats

Girl Server: Yeah it gets really quite at the end of summer here so I don't know

Me: It's 110deg F out there with not a cloud in the sky, end of summer? (was last week 10th August), are you able to sort me out with a canoe maybe?

Girl Server: You'll need to fill out this application

Me: looking at application.....it's a job application?

Girl: Oh I thought you wanted a job

Me and Mrs: No problem....err we've changed our minds.....(politely leave)

This is a classic case of:

Nice Hardware.... shame about the software :lol: (and the hardware was ever so nice)

Mrs is finishing off her masters deg with 80% pass rates on average, I have dated not so bright girls in the past and it's just not worth it.

Er... in the USA "hire" refers to employing someone and is used in no other way. The correct word you needed to use is "rent" a boat. Don't expect a USAn to know all the strange words you Brits use. Also, try to speak more clearly. Especially, learn to properly pronounce "Glass of water" or you might die of thirst.

Back