Kuberg Freerider Extended Swingarm Project

Bumping an old thread. Looks like you have removed the seat plenty of times so hopefully you can help. What's the easiest way to remove the stock seat and stock battery?

maizediffley@gmail.com said:
Bumping an old thread. Looks like you have removed the seat plenty of times so hopefully you can help. What's the easiest way to remove the stock seat and stock battery?

PM’d you before i saw this post! Let me know if you have any issues

Having to again go thru every one of my mulitple threads going back 10 years and updating every Youtube link to make it work with the new forum format...This is pretty annoying since just only a year or two ago I had to re-upload hundreds of photos to save my threads already. You think they could do this when changing formats so this doesn't keep happening

So far I've updated 4x of my 10x threads

I got a freerider not long ago and i've referenced this thread quite often already. It's appreciated.

PM’d you before i saw this post! Let me know if you have any issues
Thanks so much! I got the seat off and replaced it!.

Now I am having a new issue.
When I ride WOT for more than a block it shuts off. I have to come to a stop, turn it off, and turn it back on again, and its back to normal.

I think its a bad battery/BMS. but I dont have a good way to trouble shoot it.

Do you have a voltmeter? Can the pack be opened, to access the cells inside, or at least the cell-group-sense-wires at the BMS? If so, we can help you test it.

FWIW, a BMS shutting off under a load is almost certainly working as intended, doing the job of protecting cells against either overcurrent or overdischarge / undervoltage.

Finally took the old multistars out of the Kuberg and put in a 20s4p 21700 Samsung 40t pack...still not enough power for me in a perfect world...but much better range now!

Hey Skeetab I was wondering if you had a video on how to replace the bearings or refer me to a video on the rear hub and swing arm? My Freerider's bearings busted and I made it back slowly on wobbly tires. Luckily I didn't break the chain.

Hey Skeetab I was wondering if you had a video on how to replace the bearings or refer me to a video on the rear hub and swing arm? My Freerider's bearings busted and I made it back slowly on wobbly tires. Luckily I didn't break the chain.
You are going to need to take the swingarm apart first to see what style bearings you have. I bought my Kuberg a long time ago and they used a roller bearing and a sleeve similar to this first picture
Kuberg similar.jpg

but if you go to the website they now show a regular sealed bearing is being used for the swingarms now which is not what i am used to
kuberg new.jpg

sorry i can not be of more help but it depends on the year of your bike

Back