LiFePO4 BMS, 20s

Tempest

10 µW
Hi,

Long story short, I plugged the two wires connectors (cells 1-10 and cells 11-20) in the wrong spots on my Ping BMS and now one light is permanently on. I know a bit about electronic but I don't really know what to look for if I attempt to repair this so I'm looking for a brand new LiFePo4 BMS, 20s.

I used to order everything from Ping Batteries, but apparently he is no longer in business and I am not exactly sure where to look for a reliable/quality BMS. My battery usually get discharged at about 20-25A (never above 40A) and I charge it at a rate of 5A. Ideally, the BMS should have leds to indicate the charge rate of individual cells because that allows me to quickly spot defective/weak cells, broken tab, etc.

Thanks.

JBD makes good BMSes, including "smart" ones that you can see the status of everything with an app on your phone (and configure various settings if desired).

Some people also like the ANT BMS (also available in smart types).

I'm not sure which ones still have LEDs on them (or if Signalab is still around; they made all the Ping battery's BMSes that I've seen so far).

JBD makes good BMSes, including "smart" ones that you can see the status of everything with an app on your phone (and configure various settings if desired).

Some people also like the ANT BMS (also available in smart types).

I'm not sure which ones still have LEDs on them (or if Signalab is still around; they made all the Ping battery's BMSes that I've seen so far).
Thanks for this information. It seems that the JBD model TP20S001 is what I'm looking for; it's not one of their smart BMS but it does tick all the right boxes for me and it's also about half the price I paid for the SignaLab BMS I purchased some years ago so that's a nice plus.

Back