motor rewinding?

So I am not sure if i missed something, but was any varnish or something similar put on the coils to stabilize them.

Btw beautiful job

Stephen

sabb50 said:
So I am not sure if i missed something, but was any varnish or something similar put on the coils to stabilize them.

Btw beautiful job

Stephen
thanks.

i didnt mention anything about stabilizing my windings. good call on that. because i didnt do that when i first reassembled my motor, the windings got loose and rubbed against the magnets and got delaminated slightly. so without super corona dope(or a similar substance) like enoob suggested i use, i actually super glued the windings back in. i know, not the best of choices to be stabilizing windings, but so far its working and very well. the motor is serving me pretty well right now, but i still feel like there is a lack of torque. so im looking into a magnet upgrade for my motor at the moment, but im not sure if i want to do that yet.

Did you check your bearings and bearing housings? If the motor came from an alternator as it looks, the bearings may be shot causing the shaft play. Worn bearings can also cause a loss of power.

time for me to rewind my unite :( i'm not looking forward to it. The original winding looks hella complex and difficult to do by hand. I'm not sure I can match it for quality... have a my1018 450w 24V version.

Back