NYX/MXUS/Adaptto

Exciting build morati.i like the aesthetics and lines of this frame 8) .

kudos said:
I like the look of the NYX frame but the battery volume looks small to me, 'small' being a relative term of course.

Also the top loading opening doesn't look that big either, what kind of battery setup are you using Doc - 18650 ?

I'd love to use a load of the 16Ah Multistars but I don't think they would fit this frame....

Kudos

I am using ZF2.8 battery from Zero motorcycle that I salvaged and splited into two half. it's 22s and can burst 400A batt current according to Luke. :twisted:

With the tesla 18650 and a lot of time to build I could probably fit about 3-4kWh easy.

Morati NYX battery will have the EIG cells also from Zero motorcylces battery. These are rated a little bit higher C rate and fit better than my Farasis.

Sounds stunning - what does the description below refer to? I thought the Schlumpf was too narrow?

morati said:
I think this thing is gonna be awesome when its finished! I really wanted a Schlumpf drive on it so Cedric at NYX did all the leg work on that part of the project and its gonna happen.

PRW said:
Sounds stunning - what does the description below refer to? I thought the Schlumpf was too narrow?

morati said:
I think this thing is gonna be awesome when its finished! I really wanted a Schlumpf drive on it so Cedric at NYX did all the leg work on that part of the project and its gonna happen.
Nyx was in contact with Schlumpf and they made it work.....I haven't been told if NYX made a custom bb or Schlumpf did a one off custom bb axle.

morati said:
PRW said:

morati said:
Nyx was in contact with Schlumpf and they made it work.....I haven't been told if NYX made a custom bb or Schlumpf did a one off custom bb axle.

For you John, we will make a custom BB shell to meet Schlumpf specs. On their side, Schlumpf will make a custom length axle (a few mm longer). The modifications are not that major, but tiny details must be modified. Hopefully, it did not give us headaches :wink:

In a near future, our bottom bracket will be standardized to accomodate standard Schlumpf Drive. If you are planning to use our Frame and order a Schlumpf Drive System, let us know and we will be able to provide you a high quality product that meets your needs.

Please dont make the BB less wide, why not make it bigger to fit the 117mm schlumpf and a slightly wider swingarm? Then there will be plenty of room for cdx belt drive...

Cane Creek DB shock and 450lb spring arrived and front wheel is now built.

Attachments

• wheel and shock 2.jpg
    wheel and shock 2.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,271
:?: What the is the purpose of the comment above me? :?:
Very strange, looks like a spam bot or something?
Or someone who loves to make Crystal Meth in his basement ;)

Cheers David Raaymakers
:D

davidraaymakers said:
:?: What the is the purpose of the comment above me? :?:
Very strange, looks like a spam bot or something?
Or someone who loves to make Crystal Meth in his basement ;)

Cheers David Raaymakers
:D
Think it has been deleted now :D What a strange individual...

macribs said:
He is too busy riding ;)
I wish....Although I did do some regular XC riding yesterday.
Parts were delivered to NYXBikes two weeks ago and the build is ongoing. Should have some pics for you guys in a couple of weeks.

Here's some primarly pictures of the parts used for this build. More exciting pictures will come very soon, don't worry.
We will try to upload as much as possible.

WP_20150411_001.jpg

Custom Axle Length Schlumpf Drive (35-80)

WP_20150502_011.jpg

Neutrik NL4MP Charger Port

The beast is slowly rising :)
This is basically the best bike we ever made. The geometry, part choice, everything is just as it should be.
The remaining part is mainly the electric part.

WP_20150530_002.jpg

Frame is being assembled

WP_20150531_006.jpg

Close up Brake side

mmsmuh2hb

Rear End with CNC machined hub motor covers and Red painted inside

WP_20150530_005.jpg

Stickers are still missing

WP_20150530_006.jpg

Look at that sexy back

WP_20150530_007.jpg

New Hatch Design

2015_06_01_16_53_22.jpg

This week, the bike is at a Sticker Designer Office to get some new stickers :D
Here's there website, you might be interested in other services they are offering :
http://www.serico.com/

2015_06_02_17_35_47.jpg

A better view of the CNC machine MXUS 3000 from Kinaye Motorsport
http://kinaye-motorsports.myshopify.com/

2015_06_02_17_35_52.jpg

This build will be a single speed. John prefers to have a chain tensioner, but he will be able to also tension the chain using the adjustable torque arm system.

2015_06_03_20_40_53.jpg

A Brass adapter have been machined to extend the location of the sprocket from the hub motor. That way the front and rear sprocket will be more in line

See what I mean Fellas? NYX is AWESOME! Cannot say enough good things about these guys......I am not being paid to say these things, I am only a customer.

NYXBikes said:
Here's some primarly pictures of the parts used for this build. More exciting pictures will come very soon, don't worry.

WP_20150411_001.jpg

can you give any info on how/where you sourced that nice schlumpf drive please?

ridethelightning said:
NYXBikes said:

WP_20150411_001.jpg

can you give any info on how/where you sourced that nice schlumpf drive please?

You can get a Schlumpf System Directly from their website :) If you need one to fit a NYX, I suggest you to pass through us to be sure you get the right thing

WP_20150606_001.jpg

Gold Chain :)

WP_20150606_002.jpg

It is not shown on the picture, but the rear sprocket is perfectly aligned with the schlumpf sprocket

WP_20150606_003.jpg

John's NYX with new NYX stickers (only the stickers written "NYX" are the official ones, the other ones are just printed on paper to see how it looks. The sticker design is still processing, but we can't wait to show you the final result guys.

With that build, we are really trying to make it as stealthy as possible, especially compared to the more flashy ones we are used to assembled.

Back