NYX/MXUS/Adaptto

Thats an interesting spoke pattern on your rear wheel, I never knew you could do it like that. Are there advantages of doing it your way over the standard single cross pattern?

Looks awesome BTW!

Stielz said:
Thats an interesting spoke pattern on your rear wheel, I never knew you could do it like that. Are there advantages of doing it your way over the standard single cross pattern?

Looks awesome BTW!

Bike is definitely looking awesome but that spoke pattern is just straight up laced wrong...

Morati's NYX with new stickers (the white color on the sticker are in fact aluminum brushed vinyl, I will put an outdoor picture to better show the look)
WP_20150612_003_1.jpg

Pimping! What is the total weight compared to your old Bomber? Now you must share your impressions with us.
Funny but I am doing the same when serving the bike, lift it up by the seat triangle.
Did Doc help you guys out to tune the motor to that controller?

Allex, still too early for first impressions but I can say that the geometry feels really good. I ordered a shock spring which is way too soft (450lb) so a new one is on order (550lb) and should be here this week. After it is installed I will be able to set my suspension and push the bike hard. Yes, Doctorbass did the tuning. Currently having problems with the Adaptto as the bike is really slow. Only getting about 55kph out of it on BOOST mode (battery amps set to 125 and phase amps are 325) so I don't understand this. So many parameters to check on the Adaptto (amazing controller) that I am a bit overwhelmed.

Morati, No worrie with only 55kph I think it is only a matter of tuning and fine tuning.
IND timing, PWR timing and angle corr and OVS must be adjusted according to teh right sequence and right parameters for this motor :wink:

As well as speed adjust setting for the display :lol:

On that controller there is a possible firmware upgrade or down grade you can do. Actually i think you have the rc9e just like i had when i got my second adaptto. It is possible to downgrade to the rc7b witch give more boost at low speed. But the counterpart is that the charging process will require to be done more manually and to disconnect the cahrger once the charge is finished otherwise there is a bug that might damage the controller from what i have heard.

Btw your new NYX look terrific! :twisted:

Doc

Starting to figure out the power setting on my Adaptto. Bike is now MUCH faster....Adaptto as you all know, is an amazing system!

morati said:
Starting to figure out the power setting on my Adaptto. Bike is now MUCH faster....Adaptto as you all know, is an amazing system!

:wink: :twisted: :twisted:

and even if you downgrade the actual firmware to Rc7b you will get more power at the low-mid powerband 8)

Just visit the support section of the Adapptto website for more info: http://adaptto.com/Products/Controllers/

Doc

Too much power already Doc!!! Front wheel lifts as soon as I hit the throttle at 12k watts output. Can't imagine what your beast must be like.......
Trying to figure out how to keep the "Main" menu on my Adaptto controller. When I start to ride, it reverts to the MENU page and i have to press the "BACK" button to see my speed. Any ideas how to correct this and keep the MAIN screen on display all the time while I am riding?

morati said:
Too much power already Doc!!! Front wheel lifts as soon as I hit the throttle at 12k watts output. Can't imagine what your beast must be like.......
Trying to figure out how to keep the "Main" menu on my Adaptto controller. When I start to ride, it reverts to the MENU page and i have to press the "BACK" button to see my speed. Any ideas how to correct this and keep the MAIN screen on display all the time while I am riding?

Ah haaa! 12kW with a NYX is awsome feeling! :twisted:

Even if you think have too much power you can reduce it too :lol: you can begin by reducing the phase current. This will keep the motor colder and reduce torque at the start. :wink:

I suggest programming max temp to 140 Celsius. this is the best safe temp i'm using for years and every motors i own never burned or failed due to over temp.

So you are experiencing problem with the screen that change once you twist the throttle? :|

Doc

Morati give us your first page of Advanced settings. I am curious what settings Doc tuned in for the motor there.
I am on the way to send MXUS 4t and Max-e to Rix.

Doctorbass said:
morati said:

Ah haaa! 12kW with a NYX is awsome feeling! :twisted:

Even if you think have too much power you can reduce it too :lol: you can begin by reducing the phase current. This will keep the motor colder and reduce torque at the start. :wink:

I suggest programming max temp to 140 Celsius. this is the best safe temp i'm using for years and every motors i own never burned or failed due to over temp.

So you are experiencing problem with the screen that change once you twist the throttle? :|

Doc
Yes Doc, screen changes after i hit the throttle. If bike is stationary, then it remains on the MAIN screen. MAX temps is already set to 140 degrees C but I have not hit that yet.

morati said:
teslanv said:
I gotta ask, Doc. How much battery / phase current? :shock:
Battery current set at 125a and phase current to 325a. This is the max on the firmware I have right now.
OVS set at 5
That's gotta be a beast to control. Does the Adappto have throttle ramping?

teslanv said:
morati said:
teslanv said:
Battery current set at 125a and phase current to 325a. This is the max on the firmware I have right now.
OVS set at 5
Actually, the Adaptto is very smooth and I believe there is ramping somewhere but I haven't had need of it yet. Coming out of the corners and twisting the throttle to have the front wheel shoot skyward is FUN! (It'll be even more fun when I can work out this screen glitch though).

Curious to find the cause of the screen glitch. Haven't seen that yet. Keep us posted.

teslanv said:
morati said:
teslanv said:
OVS set at 5

Ramping is there in the Speed/Power profile menu. But he will never use it as even att 160/400settings is is very gentle at start, it has a true torque mode for the throttle not speed as many of the old dogs in here still use with their infinions. :)

Hopefully in the next Firmware upgrade they will fix the bug where some only get 125/325 or similar

Allex said:
Ramping is there in the Speed/Power profile menu. But he will never use it as even att 160/400settings is is very gentle at start, it has a true torque mode for the throttle not speed as many of the old dogs in here still use with their infinions. :)

Who are you calling an Old Dog? :wink:
The CA V3 solves this issue for Infineon users. I have been recently schooled and wholely converted to the Grin religion. :mrgreen:

walkev85 said:
Morati man that's a clean looking bike n congrats with a successful build! What approach did you take for mounting the adaptto and protecting the wires leading under the frame?
Take can't any credit except for choosing the parts. NYX and Doctorbass did all the work. They routed all the cables/wires under the frame with part of a "fender" for protection. Seems to work great and works good too.....See Doctobass' video on YouTube for more info.

Back