NYX/MXUS/Adaptto

walkev85 said:
Thanks, that doc is pretty clever I do remember seeing that. I wasn't sure if a different approach was taken since his initial method. Looks like they did a great job, I'm even more so excited to see my frame in person now ha.
Oh now I know who you are....The guys at NYX mentioned one of their frames was going to PA. You will be impressed!!!!!

Some screen specs from my Adaptto guys. There is still more to be had but so far i am very happy with the performance I am achieving.
pic 3.jpg
screen 2.jpg
screen.jpg

morati said:
Some screen specs from my Adaptto guys. There is still more to be had but so far i am very happy with the performance I am achieving.
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Thank you very much Morati for sharing that information with the ES community, we couldn't ask for a better customer :D

Thx Morati, -10 degrees on the first angle huh, seems a bit much but if this is what works best then ok :)
Just keep in mind that if you experience slow speed or abnormal overheating during fast riding, try to change that value from -10 to +5 with a few degrees of change each time when doing the runs. Normally you would see a value around -5 to +5 that works best for the motors

Allex said:
Thx Morati, -10 degrees on the first angle huh, seems a bit much but if this is what works best then ok :)
Just keep in mind that if you experience slow speed or abnormal overheating during fast riding, try to change that value from -10 to +5 with a few degrees of change each time when doing the runs. Normally you would see a value around -5 to +5 that works best for the motors
Thanks for the tip Allex. I'm still in the process of trying out different settings. I have been in touch with Oleg at Adaptto and sent him a quick video of my screen glitch problem. Hopefully that issue will be resolved soon. My 550lb shock spring was installed on Wednesday and the bike is performing very very well in the handling department but its still just a little too soft so a 600lb version has been ordered.

John, you've been holding out on me, I learned form NYX Facebook page you had this build. Very neat ride BTW. Subscribed.

Rix said:
John, you've been holding out on me, I learned form NYX Facebook page you had this build. Very neat ride BTW. Subscribed.
Thanks Rick. Seriously can't take credit for the build though. I only spec'd the parts with the knowledge I gained from reading other builds here. NYX and Doctorbass built the bike.

morati said:
Rix said:
Thanks Rick. Seriously can't take credit for the build though. I only spec'd the parts with the knowledge I gained from reading other builds here. NYX and Doctorbass built the bike.

... and it was a real pleasure to build it! :wink:

morati said:
Rix said:

Anything that Docbass is involved with is awesome. So, how about some vids?

Rix said:
morati said:
Rix said:

Anything that Docbass is involved with is awesome. So, how about some vids?
Yes just as soon as I buy a GoPro (but I spent everything I had on the bike).

I know what you mean John. I am thinking about down grading my truck to an older one so I can get rid of the monthly payment so I can spend more on Ebikes.

Rix said:
I know what you mean John. I am thinking about down grading my truck to an older one so I can get rid of the monthly payment so I can spend more on Ebikes.

Excellent idea! I m sure that just by the money saved in gas you will get money for a great ebike!

Doc

Doctorbass said:
Rix said:

Excellent idea! I m sure that just by the money saved in gas you will get money for a great ebike!

Doc

Yah!!! that's exactly what I am thinking Doc, just had to hear it from you. Thanks for the push. :D

Morati,
Thanks for posting your build thread. My NYX frame should be arriving in a few weeks and I am looking at rear shock options.
I want to get the cane creek DB coil shock. Did you go with a 9" length eye to eye? How is the 600lbs spring working out? I'm close to 100kg, 6'4" and I want to be sure I set the bike (shock/geometry) up right for my size.
Thanks,
Joost

Hey Joost, you won't be disappointed as the NYX is an awesome frame.
I went with a 190mm Double Barrel shock with the long option mount on the bottom (mounted to the swingarm) and the short mount on top as this gives the greatest leverage ratio. Currently using a 550lb spring in this configuration with my 155lb weight. Cane Creek goes up to 700lbs I believe so you should not have a problem as long as you use the high leverage ratios.
John

morati said:
Hey Joost, you won't be disappointed as the NYX is an awesome frame.
I went with a 190mm Double Barrel shock with the long option mount on the bottom (mounted to the swingarm) and the short mount on top as this gives the greatest leverage ratio. Currently using a 550lb spring in this configuration with my 155lb weight. Cane Creek goes up to 700lbs I believe so you should not have a problem as long as you use the high leverage ratios.
John

Post up a pic for us. :mrgreen:

Thanks guys, pics will be coming!

I'm currently looking at a 240mm cane creek with a 550lb spring (barely used ebay). Since that's the upper length limit, per NYX, I'm afraid it may throw the geometry off?

It's nice they allow for 4 different bracket combinations to get it dialed in.

Decision..decisions

Now to decide between a mxus 300w, hpc crown, or a QS 205 (leaning that way now).

Without this forum I would have never had the guts to even start. Thanks to everyone's awesome contributions!

Joost

joostj said:
Thanks guys, pics will be coming!

I'm currently looking at a 240mm cane creek with a 550lb spring (barely used ebay). Since that's the upper length limit, per NYX, I'm afraid it may throw the geometry off?

It's nice they allow for 4 different bracket combinations to get it dialed in.

Decision..decisions

Now to decide between a mxus 300w, hpc crown, or a QS 205 (leaning that way now).

Without this forum I would have never had the guts to even start. Thanks to everyone's awesome contributions!

Joost

Joost, you got options here. if running a longer rear shock, to offset the geometry, you could go with different size wheel combos, such as a 24MTB/26MTB, 26?TB/650 aka 27.5MTB, or a 27.5MTB/29MTB,or even my favorite looking combo, a 19MC rear tire with a 26MTB wheel on the front. Options galore.

Rix,
Right now I'm leaning towards 19" moto wheel front and back, but front 26 mtb could save some weight. Just purchased a 2013 boxxer world cup for the front fork. I was wrong about there being 4 combos with the NYX brackets, I think there is 16+ since you can reverse each one.
This is one of 3 builds I am starting at the same time....Tanget drive on my niner wfo and LMX (I'm on the waiting list). I want to start build threads once some of the parts arrive.

joostj said:
Rix,
Right now I'm leaning towards 19" moto wheel front and back, but front 26 mtb could save some weight. Just purchased a 2013 boxxer world cup for the front fork. I was wrong about there being 4 combos with the NYX brackets, I think there is 16+ since you can reverse each one.
This is one of 3 builds I am starting at the same time....Tanget drive on my niner wfo and LMX (I'm on the waiting list). I want to start build threads once some of the parts arrive.

That 19mc 26MTB is the best of both worlds in terms of durability and minimum weight gain. You will be happy. A Niner WFO huh? That's my favorite pedal only 29er. Love that bike, wish I didn't sell mine.

Rix,
The wfo will be interesting. Total weight of the kit is under 10lbs, plus a 13 lbs 14s 20amph battery in the camelback. Will start building that one next week.

just interested to know at what speeds you can still put pedal power comfortably into the high speed drive there?
Cheers
RTL

ridethelightning said:
just interested to know at what speeds you can still put pedal power comfortably into the high speed drive there?
Cheers
RTL
At least up to 70-75km/hr for me but I am used to a high cadence,

Back