second very wet summer in a row

Might need a new best friend by the looks of his facial expression!

My folks are in Warwick - bugger all rain up there right now. Probably won't be as wet as last summer, but a nice Queensland summer nonetheless.

Did I tell you how frocking hot it is over here in Perth? A week of ~40'C and overnight minimums not dipping below 30 in the house :(

Bigger fenders or a blacker dog.

I've heard that El Nino gives you guys a drought, and brings us in the SW USA more rain. We've been in La Nina for two years now, so we've had two really dry years in a row. Makes sense the same effect would make your end a bit wetter.

We used to get one nino or the other much less often. Climates defintitely changing. Even here in the hot desert, it's not supposed to hit 70F in January. This year it has done that once, and yesterday was nearly there, 69. That was after a colder, wetter than normal December. Everythings just kooky with the weather.

Yeah, here in Michigan it's been one of the warmest winters I can recall.

jonescg said:
Might need a new best friend by the looks of his facial expression!
Nah Chris, he LOVES to ride in that trailer (the Chestermobile), in any weather. There are 2 terrier's here however who absolutely refuse to get in it, pussies !
jonescg said:
Did I tell you how frocking hot it is over here in Perth? A week of ~40'C and overnight minimums not dipping below 30 in the house
Yeah we've been hearing about your heatwave over here on the news, can't stand trying to sleep whilst sweating myself, have you got aircon?

dogman said:
Bigger fenders or a blacker dog.
:lol:
dogman said:
I've heard that El Nino gives you guys a drought, and brings us in the SW USA more rain. We've been in La Nina for two years now, so we've had two really dry years in a row. Makes sense the same effect would make your end a bit wetter.
Then you definetly heard correctly Dan, we're in a solid La Nina event at the moment over here right now, we had 330mm of rain in one day recently. :shock:
Still it's better than the 13 odd years of El Nino drought that we have had before.

thewmatusmoloki said:
Still it's better than the 13 odd years of El Nino drought that we have had before.

Tell that to the people in Brisbane, who have had their properties flooded twice in 12 months...

Water restrictions? Or two floods :p

TBH though, I do feel it's better for us in Sydney. I live in a top floor apartment, and a couple years ago, if we left our windows closed and blinds open when we left the house (because we forgot, not because we wanted to do this.) We could come back to a house that was low 50s. Yes, a couple times we recorded 52* in our apartment.

Having muggy days that don't break 30 is a lot more comfortable... But still, I feel for those in Brisbane... Their once in a hundred year flood, is happening twice in two years.

Yes the rain has been almost non stop for 2 weeks here in brisbane.
Tree went down in my back yard, I don't think anything snapped, the entire tree just fell over, soft dirt perhaps..

bit strange the weather
glad my property has not flooded, im trying to sell @ the worst time !!!

Back