Seen Yous Social Security Card Lately? If NOT. . .

Dauntless

100 TW
. . . .Get to work getting a copy NOW!

I need mine for my Driver's License renewal for a 'Real ID.' But neither that nor my birth certificate were where I've kept them. Birth certificate was easy, but the Social Security Administration is turning me into an 'UNperson.' (Was that the term? Read it a long time ago.)

The offices are closed. There's a number on the door for people working at home. That's been hanging up on me, but when I DO get a person, he's from another planet and talking about waiting until they decide to open the offices again, as in DON'T renew my license. Also talking about me mailing my drivers license to the SSA, (NOT some copy) lot's of crazy talk. And a very bad attitude in general.

What might be nice is if I could sign up for the online account, which MIGHT get me my card. Except it gets real creepy here. It asks me to confirm this new credit card I didn't get, a student loan I didn't get, a regular payment of some sort I don't have to make, former phone numbers I've never had. I'm getting all sorts of weird visions of identity theft on that one. but because I keep saying no to all that, it kicks me out of the system.

There is a number to call for problems registering, I've been on hold for an hour when this woman who doesn't seem to know the system (But is the first one who is NICE) tells me to try their ID.me. So let me add I lost my celphone and didn't get a new one yet, I have more pressing matters such as renewing my drivers' license and the new social security card that is making me get and so on. So I got around the initial asking to text me, but after uploading pictures of the front and back of my license, now it INSISTS on a selfie from a celphone. The contact for ID.me is a struggle and then you wait for a response. I wonder how long.

I've given up hope of renewing my license before it expires, the SSA won't even let me APPLY for a new card and the DMV is demanding a card.

Sometimes I think it would be best to just go find a cave in the woods and carry a shotgun loaded with rock salt so I can keep troublemakers away.

Sure I think we're up to seven states that issue DLs to undocumented residents.

Crazy to tie one to the other. . .

john61ct said:
Sure I think we're up to seven states that issue DLs to undocumented residents.

Crazy to tie one to the other. . .

Oh yeah, it was letting the illegals get a drivers license in California that got Gray Davis recalled. The DL's were then UNTIED from the illegals. Crazy thing for Davis to do.

But the Mexicans or whomever in those 7 states aren't going to be able to fly next year because they won't have the Real ID. No SSN.

Back