Some encouraging news about ES

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
After many years of web forums suffering slow losses to social media sites, with ES being no exception to the rule..
..we are finally starting to see a comeback in posts and traffic thanks to the switch to Xenforo and many changes we have made.

1698260844306.png

Notes about this data:
- We had some issues with a plugin affecting our statistics collection.. so we're missing part of june/july.
- Post reactions are new on ES, so of course, part of the data is flat.
- The 'user registration' metric is different between xenforo and our previous phpbb platform, so this isn't a direct comparison, but we know it's higher.

So far, we at the ES Dev team are quite encouraged by these early results. We cannot wait to roll out more improvements and see how the forum becomes more used as a result. We hope you enjoy the work we're doing :)

Last edited:
My experience with social media sites where questions that are asked for a solution to a problem is that the best answer gets buried in the responses from fools that don't have a clue. After a few days I gave up trying to help on a social media group. This may explain some growth of forums such as ES.

My experience with social media sites where questions that are asked for a solution to a problem is that the best answer gets buried in the responses from fools that don't have a clue.
If it's helpful, currently our Ebike Troubleshooting section has upvoting for posts and the OP can mark one as the solution.

Now we just have to get people to post problem-solving threads there, instead of in Forum Rules and Features. ;)

Side note, eventually the stack overflow-like functionality in xenforo will be improved upon. To be discussed in another thread in the future so i don't derail this one. :)

It's mostly because I started building another race bike battery, isn't it? :p
Great to see - forums are simply the best, especially this one.

It's mostly because I started building another race bike battery, isn't it? :p

I thought it was because I posted new music.... :whistle: o_O

If that were true, yes, but....posting and reading threads that shouldn't be posted in this forum isn't the same as reading the threads that are already here about the rules and the features (which probably still isn't happening, and almost certainly never will, for most people). ;)

I don't think the ones posting the incorrect threads here are even reading the forum title itself. :roll:

After many years of web forums suffering slow losses to social media sites, with ES being no exception to the rule..

I think that may be a good thing in terms of content quality, even if it's a bad thing in terms of total volume. If Twitfacegram'dit sifts out a disproportionate percentage of nincompoops, that's a net benefit from where I sit.

Forums are always the best. By the way, should we refrain from attaching images when possible, it's just that forum images tend to last over the years vs imgur

Back