Wayne’s Dengfu Carbon Fibre FS 27.5” with Bafang M600 (throttle also)

Damienhatty said:
HerskerHans said:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=106304 just built a similar bike, i used info in waynes thread here to complete mine. Great bike! I got some build vids in my thread there also.

I saw your YouTube videos earlier. I really like the color scheme you chose. Looks sharp!

01 2020 11:03pm

Thanks, i mounted a kashima rear shock to now to, im tempted to Paint the frame with some camouflage pattern in different colors and remove some black, or get some bronze stickers for it.

QUESTION PLEASE...I am replacing my barrel connectors on my charger and bike for recharging as the old ones are pretty beat up. Shown on the photos attached .....on one photo it shows what I think is just a circuit board to give a readout on the state of charge. On the other photo Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 12.46.22 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-07-04 at 12.46.29 PM.jpg it shows the front side of that little circuit board and it does give state of charge when you press the button. 
My question is ...... can I just by-pass these two wires and disable the soc readout? These two little wires splice originally to the charging barrel connector with the pos and neg going to the battery pack . I am wondering if this circuit board has anything to do with my BMS. IF so of course I would not disable it but IF the two little wires and its circuit board are just for SOC read out I will bypass it ? Thanks......wayne

I did not wire up the SOC indicator on the empty battery packs I've made up because I use a wattmeter in-line on my charger cords. By plugging my cords to the charger using XT60 connectors, I can also independently plug the wattmeter onto a battery at any time to get the SOC reading anyway. The BMS is independent of this. The PCB on your indicator looks the same as mine.

waynebergman said:
My question is ...... can I just by-pass these two wires and disable the soc readout?
If by "bypass" you mean "leave disconnected", then yes.

These little displays simply tap off the positive and negative of the battery. They may do so at the charge port, if that's separate from the discharge port, so that the meter can still be used to check the power level even if the BMS has shut off the discharge port. Or they may do so at the discharge port, though this means the meter doesnt' work once the battery level drops to shutoff point.

Thanks guys....... and
Hey Michael, thanks for chimming in. Good to hear from you. I hope things are going well for in AZ for you this year. If we get south next season I will look you up we can grab a Burito or two :) ...........wayne

waynebergman said:
Hey Michael, thanks for chimming in. Good to hear from you. I hope things are going well for in AZ for you this year. If we get south next season I will look you up we can grab a Burito or two :)
:) They're going better now than for the last month (laid up sick in bed), and improving slowly.

Maybe by then (next year?) it'll be safe(r) to go out in public "gathering places" to eat. :) If not, maybe just cook something here on the grill or the deep fryer, or the stove....

Hi Wayne my frame is on its way and I had a question regarding the headset. I want to use a quality headset for the frame but am a little confused on how the headset works there are soo many types such as integrated semi integrated, external and sizing. Could you point me to the right direction I was looking at chris king headsets.

Assembled E-10 resized.JPGHi. If anyone is looking for batteries for this frame I have 2 spare 48v 14amp/hr units. I completed 2 builds of the new Dengfu E10 frame (upgrade from M09) and they sent me the wrong size batteries. Luckily these where spares send separately from the bikes so have 1 set of the correct and larger 17.5 amp/hr batteries. Let me know if interested and we can work something out. I am based in New Zealand but these can be shipped. Picture of the E10 complete and the 2 spare batteries. Cheers Brent

Attachments

• Batteries 48v 14AH.JPG
    Batteries 48v 14AH.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 2,359
kiwitourer said:
Assembled E-10 resized.JPGHi. If anyone is looking for batteries for this frame I have 2 spare 48v 14amp/hr units. I completed 2 builds of the new Dengfu E10 frame (upgrade from M09) and they sent me the wrong size batteries. Luckily these where spares send separately from the bikes so have 1 set of the correct and larger 17.5 amp/hr batteries. Let me know if interested and we can work something out. I am based in New Zealand but these can be shipped. Picture of the E10 complete and the 2 spare batteries. Cheers Brent

Hi Kiwitourer, my E10 is coming into NZ soon. Do the 14.5 AH batteries fit in the e10 frame or just the older m09 frame? Also how much are you wanting for the batteries?

Cheers

bjvile17 said:
kiwitourer said:

Hi Kiwitourer, my E10 is coming into NZ soon. Do the 14.5 AH batteries fit in the e10 frame or just the older m09 frame? Also how much are you wanting for the batteries?

Cheers

Hi are you looking for the battery.for the e10? I have received the e10 at two days ago.
they have released a new version of battery so I have one more extra.version silver color case battery.
let me know if you want

dh_newbie said:
bjvile17 said:
kiwitourer said:

Cheers

Hi are you looking for the battery.for the e10? I have received the e10 at two days ago.
they have released a new version of battery so I have one more extra.version silver color case battery.
let me know if you want

Hi kiwi tourer,

What's the difference between the two version of battery they have available? Mines coming with a 816wh battery that supposedly has Sony cells, I was looking at getting a smaller slightly lighter battery as well.

Cheers

kiwitourer said:

Hi Kiwitourer, can I ask you what frame size that is? Thanks.

crank arms.jpgPurchased the shorty crank arms that Luna is now selling. 150mm in length and I really like them a lot. Not only better for riding on the trails to avoid pedal strike but even on the pavement, when banking around a corner at speed you can still keep pedaling with out worring about getting high sided with pedal strike. I have always thought short arms are all we need on an ebike. We have a motor so even at a full one inch shorter you are giving good assist and there is a nice feel to the rotation of the pedal stroke as well. HIghly recommend this purchase for anyone getting this bike.....wayne

Error 30 messages getting more and more persistant and now finally things seem to have shut down completly. I think its time to order a new controller or perhaps a display/power switch. As I suspect the controller I think this is where is should start. Now when I try to power up I get nothing. No sign of life on the display and no power to the motor. I have pulled all the components off the bike to trouble shoot. Used a different battery to see if I could rule out the battery and its not the battery pack that is causing the failure.
Has anyone else had the Error 30 message (comunication error I have been told) lead to full on failure? Any ideas as to best guess for what components to replace? I have tried bypassing the bikes supplied battery pack and pluging a 52 volt 3rd party pack straight to the contoller but no dice for any sign of life. Not sure how to rule out the display or power on switch from the handle bars but maybe its not worth the trouble, my best guess is its the controller but thought I would put this out there for other M600 users that have had the dreaded Error 30 message and how things got resolved. Still a great bike but its a lump to pedal around with no motor. Energy drinks and Apple juice can only get you so far before I have to limp home :(

HI Kiwi, I have shot you a PM as I may be interested in buying one of your extra packs. I see the model number of your spare packs are the same as the battery my bike uses. Talk to you soon.......wayne

You Jinxed me Wayne. I got an error 30 halfway through my ride today. I need an Allen key to get to my battery to cycle power but had forgotten my tools so it was a hard pedal back to the carpark. Hopefully an isolated incident but will make sure I have my tools with me next ride.

Hey Kepler were you monitoring the "Power" on the display?

I get error 30 with somewhat predictability if I move off the "trip" onto the "power" display item.

Something to consider...

Andy

Interesting, I will keep an eye on that. Today I was in assist mode 1 and had been for the last 10km. I hadn't made made any changes and then the assist just suddenly stopped. to be honest, getting the bike home under pedal power wasn't a big deal (even got a Strava cup on the way home lol). Was annoying though to miss out on a fun blast around my local (Lysterfield Park Vic).

Sorry Kepler, darn it. My error 30 messages over the years on the M600 have been consistantly in the wet or cold weather. Weird as hiting the motor area with a hair drier has always solved the issue but then if I am out on the trail and its wet and or cold it can get unpredictable. The hair drier may only be as effective as crossing your fingers who knows. Also as you are in Austraila I am sure your bike is always nice and warm. I will be interested to see if you come to any conclusions Kepler, I have a inquiry out to Dengfu regarding purchasing a replacement controller but who knows it could be something else. Lots of wires and conections going on with this system to muddy the waters as well.....wayne

The cable that connects into your display moves back and forth when you steer your bike
This could be the cause of failure - especially if intermittent at first, then total failure after that

Cables that bend back and forth are prone to eventual failure (the copper strands will slowly work harden then break)
This usually occurs at the point where the cable is held firm
try moving the cable where it bends into the display plug and see it that can make it momentarily "come good"

You can also continuity test your cable from motor to display
you should have continuity from 5 pins to 5 pins on the motor plug
If you do not find all 5, likely one of the CAN bus signal wires open circuit and causing error 30 message

The other cable that has potential for failure is the speed sensor cable, which gets flexed from the suspension travel
ie. error 21

hope that helps

Thanks "Waxed" for the tips. I have checked for continuity where it seemed simple enough and also tried wiggling wires close to the conectors but not really coming up with anything that looks obvious.I can not get the display to show any signs of life. Even an error message would be welcome at this point. If the controller was in fact the problem does anyone think that a bad controller could cause the display not to light up and atleast give a reading of some kind. Maybe feedback to the display has to come from the controller , not sure?

I think at this point I will be happy with a new controller , display with power button and also new cable that all this to the battery. It makes sense to me that it probably is only one of the above but it makes sense to have some spare parts on hand anyways for the next time. ALso spare parts come in hand for trouble shooting I guess but the issue now is where can I buy a repacement controller. Coming up empty so far. Dengfu sales is not returning my emails. I live in Canada and not sure who to contact regarding a Bafang dealership or help on the matter. If anyone knows of a seller of M600 controllers please let me know.....thanks wayne

I tried to PM you, but it appears to me that the message just stays stuck in the Outbox and does not appear in the sent items folder. If you don't see it in your inbox, let me know and I can try again.

THanks JOhn, I will give you a call later today and thanks.......wayne

Back