what do you think of this sine wave controller? g-k125

Hi,

fechter said:
I wish they would make an affordable FOC sine wave version. It could be very quiet and have good regenerative braking. Having synchronous rectification would also greatly reduce the heating and allow for a smaller package.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=56680

Justin said:
FOC controllers have current sensors on the phase leads rather than a shunt on the battery current, and as a result they can run 3-phase hub motors super smooth by controlling the individual phase currents for almost no torque ripple....

We can also get sinusoidal firmware on the infineon controllers for a lot cheaper, but that's not the same as a true FOC control and they don't run in a sensorless mode that way, while the ASI units work great sensored and sensorless even at very high eRPMs once they are tuned appropriately.

yes. this thread was started almost a year ago. this is like waiting for a faster cpu when buying a new pc, or the next gen of flat tv. something better will come. sometime in the future. we need to ride our bikes now :(
i wish justin would give away some of those for testing - as i posted already.

Hello guys.
Is any one tried to program this controller? I have one. I tried and I was unsuccessful in that. And could some one who have controller tell me - which chip controller has? Mine has D79F9211.
Thanks.

i now made two very short videos, first one with a kelly kbs controller and the second one with this sine wave controller. unfortunately mechanical noise is quite high, so if someone can hear the slightest difference between motor noises please tell me :) for me the second video has a bit of a higher pitched noise. but this may be caused by not 100% exact rpms of the motors.

[youtube]FnhFM8HrXgw[/youtube]

[youtube]efQVvPpU3tE[/youtube]

Dream on. All these cheap controllers comes with STM8 MCU. Looks like sinwave is a new fraze on alibaba. They will say whatever you want to hear. I promised to my self, never buy controller if I don't see which MCU in it.

Karolis said:
Dream on. All these cheap controllers comes with STM8 MCU. Looks like sinwave is a new fraze on alibaba. They will say whatever you want to hear. I promised to my self, never buy controller if I don't see which MCU in it.
np for me. it was $56 shipping included. and no taxes paid. so at least i have a spare controller in case i need it.

Yes I am sure you do as well I am too. Just saying they are good liars. Those controllers are like the same s..t just in the another hand. Tried dozen of them.

I am not so care about sin wave as about programming. I tried to use this software http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=149730 to program. I checked - program trying to send '8' to controller by 9600 speed but controller doesn't answer.

Kit said:
I am not so care about sin wave as about programming. I tried to use this software http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=149730 to program. I checked - program trying to send '8' to controller by 9600 speed but controller doesn't answer.
as soon as i find the time i will add a programming connector and try it. i know how to program xie chang controllers, and this should work the same.

so today i took a 10t mac, stripped it completely to eliminate gear noise and stuff and tested it with a xie-chang/infineon 12fet sensorless controller and compared it to this "sine wave" g-k125.

those are the two youtube videos. judge yourself - i don't want to influence you :)

[youtube]nT2yVeo6BAs[/youtube]

[youtube]XfpWgjwdXIs[/youtube]

The biggest difference in noise between square and sine wave controllers is when the motor is under high load. At no-load, you only get the bearing and gear noise.

d8veh said:
The biggest difference in noise between square and sine wave controllers is when the motor is under high load. At no-load, you only get the bearing and gear noise.
ok. so this test doesn't make any sense. unfortunately under high load my bike has mostly gear and chain noise. and making a video while riding under load is quite difficult as well :(

A lot of noise is transmitted through the frame, especially the rasping noise a square-wave motor makes under load, so fix your camera rigidly to the frame. It should then show the difference; however, most cameras have automatic volume control, so louder noises sound the same volume as quieter ones. You can't win.

Hi iceman,

Maybe you should check out these, you can at least call and talk to them :). Maybe you can become a dealer or distributor :D.

Note: The models I listed have the highest amp ratings and highest prices in each category (Compact and Standard)
http://www.sinusleistungssteller.de/

Compact Versions:
http://www.sinusleistungssteller.de/Menu_cSLS.html
cSLSi-WK_02.jpg

Akkuspannung von 16Vdc bis 60Vdc (14S LiPo)
- Motorstrom bis 140Aac
- Industrie-Version im Alu-Pot mit Wasserkühlung
- optimale thermische Anbindung der MOSFETs
- 1.500µF/100V/105°C mit Temperaturabregelung
- nur ca. 82mm x 59mm x 49mm
- PA-Schlauch-Anschlüsse wahlweise 6mm oder 8mm
- nur ca. 470g (incl. 20cm 8mm²-Silikonkabel)
cSLSi Industrieversion:
cSLSi-60-140-WK ............... EUR 809,20 (EUR 680,- zzgl. MwSt.) Lieferzeit auf Anfrage

Standard Versions:
http://www.sinusleistungssteller.de/Menue_SLS.html
SLSi-WK_01.jpg

Akkuspannung von 16Vdc bis 60Vdc (14S LiPo)
- Motorstrom bis 360Aac
- Industrie-Version im Alu-Pot mit Wasserkühlung
- optimale thermische Anbindung der MOSFETs
- 3.200µF/100V/105°C mit Temperaturabregelung
- PA-Schlauch-Anschlüsse wahlweise 6mm oder 8mm
- ca. 1.150g incl. M8-Anschlußblöcke
SLSi-Industrieversion:
SLSi-60-360-WK ................ EUR 1.467,51 (EUR 1.233,20 zzgl. MwSt.) Lieferzeit auf Anfrage

A little more information here:
Time to consider sinusleistungs FOC Sine Wave Controllers?
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=56088

My wife and I run 9C clones (the same motor) except she runs the older square wave controller and I run an S12S controller. The difference in sound is quite noticeable. The Sine wave S12S is virtually silent on both acceleration and cruising. I do have a spare but she does not want change.
otherDoc

kevinGu said:
d8veh said:
yes, agree. it is one of the influence factor. The difference between a sine wave contrller and a square controller can be easy diatinguish by the rider when riding.
But for mid-drive motor the speed RPM is another main factor.

The sine wave controller and square wave controller's difference is not only on the sound. Also performance on the starting and torque.
this is the real feeling which I have exprenced with my own bike.

To make it clear, we can offer a free sine wave controller and a square wave controller ( same specification, and both from xiechang) for some guy. To test it for all of us, and take a realiable video to show us. ( should install with a normal brushless gearless hub motor)
The result can be much more easy and clear.

Not a sales promotion, promotion on the forums is not our style.
just want to slove all the puzzles. A test is much more forceful than thousands of discussion.

Anyone want to try it can contact me. Better from the country which can reveice e-paket, the shipping cost is not so high. :lol:

I have time to do some testing and take some videos of both sine wave and square wave..Pm sent

Back