Your Creation's Before & After Pics

Now the SB Cruiser has two 20" rear hubmotors, 9C 2807 on left, Crystalyte X5304 on right, instead of the single 26" X5304 up front (which is now a regular bike wheel).

MUCH better acceleration and braking, though the X5304 was powerful enough to rip itself out of the original dropouts on it's maiden test run, not even 1/3 of the way around the block. Fixed that with new vertical deep thick dropouts.
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833&p=1049269#p1049043

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

striider said:
That trike is SuperAwesomesauce!
Thanks. :)

It's kind of stage 1 for a bigger wider version (this one is made to fit thru a doorway...stage 2 won't cuz it'll be wide enough for both St. Bernards).

dbsside.jpg
After the build there is almost no visual changes.
Visual changes:
thumb throttle
rocks in the front carrier.
The Rear pockets have less space
Heavy rear end

Spec:
22cell Li-ion pack 20ah 70a constant
150v / 120a max controller
Tc100
CaV3 restricted to 40amp continious

dbsfront.jpg

tc100.jpg

Thought you invented dc power with rocks before i read your post :wink:

paedu7 said:
Here is my creation.

Scott Gambler FR20
Crystalyte TC100
Crystalyte Controller 24fet
DIY Li-Ion Battery 72v/15Ah with 100A BMS

Before:
View attachment 2

After:
View attachment 1

Nice bike mate - you had the same conclusion as me about low centre of gravity mounting spot for battery I guess?
Similar colour scheme too - take a look! 8)
[youtube]E53Bsp6lFvM[/youtube]

Before stock TREK Excalibur 7 MTB .

after ...... 65km/h+ monster

em3ev MAC 8T 700C= 50V 16.5AH 20R pack 12 fet 2000+W
+travel contact + SLIME tubes

soon to be added ~11AH (13S 29E pack from last bike) 48V bottle batt on pannier / post mount.

Currently does >60kmks / charge riding like a maniac (still doing pedaling but hey how much can you do when avg speed 50km/h!)

Karl

Attachments

• pipe bike.JPG
    pipe bike.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 2,309
C.Fab Oakland said:
El Diablo

Started off as a Mongoose Beast. Day two rode once. Day three cut it up to start project.

Lots of changes to the frame and components.

Started with one motor and now have two motors, two controllers, and two batteries.

El Diablo is now an AWD 10ft long fat tire beast.

Top speed 38mph and 25 mile range.

Daily commuter to and from work.

Starting construction on ground up frame El Diablo V2.

That is one bad ride! Wish I had a welder and the skills to go with it. Amazing Job!

Well .. after spending to much money on the wrong equipment ... trial and error.. you gotta love it still!.. Here is what i came up with ..
And i will recommend strongly !!... for you first time nubbie like me .. buy big and buy quality! don't go for the cheapest .
My rig:
-2x 37vdc lith-ion 2015, 10 ah (i think.... itwill put out approximately 50a?? please ,correct me if im wrong, please:))
-800w bafang hub.. "hot Rod-ed" with bigger wires.
-Kelly KEB-48301X controller. (Do buy bigger mod..my mistake, you never know what you will be building next!)

Its folder bike , the battery and controller are in my backpack... i love it, and next im trading in my car for a electrical!!... go green!
Please comment or give me some advise .. dont mather on what topic !...
Greetings from Norway, Stavanger
Steffen.

ps.. just finished.. no data ready..but will give dist. top speed info after 1st test run tomorrow:)

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 5,607
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 5,607
Choopakabra-Excellent build under 500.00! is that a q100 up front?

gebp0.jpgBike has been completely sorted out and is now for sale in the "used" section. Excellent commuter!gebp5.jpg

click on the link above for a larger pic

Nice build Amber! I'm glad you are still actively constructing new bikes (trikes...as it were). Where are you getting your battery cells these days, still tearing laptop batteries apart?

amberwolf said:
Now the SB Cruiser has two 20" rear hubmotors, 9C 2807 on left, Crystalyte X5304 on right, instead of the single 26" X5304 up front (which is now a regular bike wheel).

MUCH better acceleration and braking, though the X5304 was powerful enough to rip itself out of the original dropouts on it's maiden test run, not even 1/3 of the way around the block. Fixed that with new vertical deep thick dropouts.
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833&p=1049269#p1049043

dequinox said:
Nice build Amber! I'm glad you are still actively constructing new bikes (trikes...as it were). Where are you getting your battery cells these days, still tearing laptop batteries apart?
I replied over here:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49550&p=1057957#p1057957
rather than post a big OT in this thread. :)

r3volved said:
I went from dog-powered to e-powered...I just picked up an old BMX on the weekend so I could go back to something small, light and dog-powered! :D
skateboards are great when dog-powered :) just take care that you are able to run SUPER fast as soon as a little stone stops your board. *ggg*

Lol I do the skate thing with them too. When dogs need food it's their job to bring me there and bring it back :D
They're both pretty good now...Well practiced.
This will probably be my year for electric longboard, so I'm sure they'll like that.

izeman said:
you may ask your doggie to PULL the bike. he/she looks strong enough to do the job :)
nice!
Yogi (he) probably is strong enough...but the heat for much of the year here would probably kill him before we got to the end of the block. :(

So instead he (or Tiny) gets to ride in the back in shaded comfort while the motors do the work for us. :lol:

It's only 106F out there right now (5:43PM), in the shade, 121F in the sun with the intermittent breeze, and 91F in the room I'm in right now (kitchen...bedroom with A/C is off limits due to bug spraying for a few hours. :( ).

And it isn't really that hot yet. :lol:

Before the mxus 3000 v2 60a controller (saving for Adapto) ca3 and 20amh of 20-30 c 4s turnigy @77v. Brakes are magura mt5s and tires are schwarble big bens and crazybob both sets are e50s. Fabricating new dropouts and replacing down tube with battery box with fancy breast plate with heat exchanger machines into it :D

Only aesthetic mods so far. It's all just decals and accessories. My current thread will document the overvolting process for speeding this thing up from the current top speed of 13mph to what I'm told will be 23mph. We'll see.

11116711_314940072049401_890505276_n.jpg

11353001_1503267849959075_319452381_n.jpg

I apologize in advance if the photos above disappear. They are sourced from Instagram and something tells me they're not quite agreeable to using hyperlinks to photos uploaded to their servers. I had to go through quite a few steps to find out what the link was. Hopefully these photos stick around for awhile.

kmxtornado said:
My current thread will document the overvolting process for speeding this thing up from the current top speed of 13mph to what I'm told will be 23mph.
Fastest cooler ever? ;)

I apologize in advance if the photos above disappear. They are sourced from Instagram and something tells me they're not quite agreeable to using hyperlinks to photos uploaded to their servers. I had to go through quite a few steps to find out what the link was.
Why not just save the images to your local computer, then directly attach them to the post? See the Adding Pictures thread in Forum Rules and Features if you have trouble.

Back