Thumb throttle replacement

ee:

1 mW
I am looking to replace my twist throttle with a thumb version. The wires match in color but id rather not trust that. Is there a specific voltage i should be looking for? Im guessing it is something like ground/5V/returning voltage?

Original throttle has on/off switch + power level indicator and 6 wires. Not sure what the 6th wire does.

https://imgur.com/a/YzH08TM

This picture might be what your looking for...

sqQ9LTX.jpg

For more information on hall sensor throttles go HERE.

Do not mix the high and low power wires :warn: Always verify first.

Regards,
T.C.

Well, the seller for the thumb throttle was able to provide me with the signals for the 3 wires. It looks like in this case it was pretty straight forward.
Black -- Negative Electrode
Green -- Signal
Red -- Positive Electrode

The seller for the twist throttle was.. less than helpful. However i took apart the throttle and managed to probe out each of the wires. It looks similar to the diagram above - yellow/brown are for the on/off switch. The black wire is connected to the center of the twist throttle and has another (red colored) wire that joins it to the small LCD display with a label that says "G". Testing this indicated it is indeed a ground connection.

The green wire runs all the way straight to the LCD board into a point labeled +V. It measures 46 Volts DC when the controller/motor is on.

The white & red wires connect to the top and bottom of the twist throttle. Red gives me 4.35V DC and white gives me 0.8V DC when measured with the controller on.

Its difficult to twist the throttle whole holding 2 probes from a multi but i think i can safely assume that red is positive, white is signal, & black is ground in this case?

https://imgur.com/a/MnFmBKP

ee: said:
The white & red wires connect to the top and bottom of the twist throttle. Red gives me 4.35V DC and white gives me 0.8V DC when measured with the controller on.

Its difficult to twist the throttle whole holding 2 probes from a multi but i think i can safely assume that red is positive, white is signal, & black is ground in this case?

Agreed. IE: Green thumb throttle sensor output wire connects to controller White sensor input wire. :) Isolate and insulate the others if not required...

FxWvw5r.jpg

Way to track it down! Good job. :thumb:

Back