Configuring CA-v3 with edge 3000W sineWave controller

adam-guy

1 µW
Hi!

I got edge 3000W sineWave controller from LA-EBIKE with the EDGE motor. see link:
https://laebike.com/collections/controllers/products/edge-stage-one-controller

Also I got the CA v3 connected directly to the controller.

When the throttle is connected to the CA the motor won't run at all.

I think I need to configure the CA.

I also need to configure the current shunt resistance so the amp measurements will be correct.

Is Anybody got some experience with this controller and willing to share it? that would be appreciated :)

The motor runs when the throttle connected directly to the controller and I get max speed of 43kph (23 MPH) on flat road.
I'm using 60 volts battery (67 max). so I think the speed is a bit low for this configuration... is there any way I can increase the speed?

Thanks in advanced!

Thank you for that incredibly useless response.

What we are trying to find out are some specs on the controller itself.(Shunt size , etc.) There is just an incredible lack of information on alot of these DIY kits. So to repeat the question, "Is Anybody got some experience with this controller and willing to share it? that would be appreciated :)"

I have gone through the set up and I deal with a great deal of motor "shudder". When you have the bike stationary and motor wheel elevated, it works flawlessly. When you start moving on it, the motor jerks. I thought this could be a speedometer setting but in an effort to support this gentlemen's post and not hi-jack it, I too am wondering if anyone has some info on the aforementioned controller.

2.Determine and save the value to be used for Cal->RShunt which calibrates current measurements.This is one of:
•1 mOhm if using a new CA molded external shunt,
•the shunt value of your specific controller,
•the shunt value of your old V2 wired-in external shunt (value was saved above),
•the shunt value of an external shunt specified in terms of Amps and Volts,(see ' 6.13 Determining External Shunt Resistance'), or
•the (unknown) value of a controller or external shunt(see 'Appendix A. Calibrating the Cycle Analyst RShunt Value' for a default value).After the CA is operational, use one of the procedures there to determine the proper value.

Can anyone help answer the bold/underlined portion based on the controller in question?

If it wasn't given to you when you bought it, then it sounds to me like you'll have to "see 'Appendix A. Calibrating the Cycle Analyst RShunt Value' "

When I bought my controller, it was hand written on on the label. I believe this value was specific to my _individual_ controller, not the model/brand in general. For a precise value of something that can vary from one individual controller to another, I'm guessing you'll need to follow the directions

Bummer, didn’t realize it was different from controller to controller from the manufacturer.

mapittman said:
Bummer, didn’t realize it was different from controller to controller from the manufacturer.
I'm not sure it does vary that much for every manufacturer. But some controllers do have a deal of individual variation. For that matter, some are modified by hand to lower the resistance for one reason or another. (pushing more power)

I tried using appendix A to no avail. but it seems like 3.7mOhms did the trick. just FYI.

Back