Satiator problem, can anyone help?

japman

1 µW
Hi, can someone help me?

Recently got a ebike with a chinese charger, the charger worked for the first 4 times then blew up on me.

Ordered a Satiator and made a custom profile for the battery, the battery is down to at least 10% but when plug in to charge with the custom profile the Satiator says charge complete after 2 seconds.

In the Satiator manual it says the charger will not attempt to charge the pack below the trickle start voltage which I set to 5.9v, thats the minimum you can set it to on the Satiator.

The battery is a 60v 18ah.

So I don't know if the Satiator is not compatible with the battery or I have not set up the profile correct or the battery cell is too low or its something else.

The charge connector on the battery might have a problem (poor crimp or solder, bent or recessed pin(s), broken wire somewhere in the insulation, etc), or the BMS could be damaged or malfunctioning.

The battery itself could have a set of cells that is so low that the BMS will not allow a charge, to protect you from a fire. Or it could have a set of cells that has such a high internal resistance that as soon as charge current starts to flow, the voltage across the cells hits HVC and the BMS shuts off to prevent overcharge (even though the cells are not charged).

Any of those things would also prevent your original charger from being able to charge it.

As for the battery voltage vs Satiator compatibility: What is the actual battery chemistry and number of series cells? Or, what is the normal fully-charged voltage of the battery?

There are at least two versions of the Satiator; one goes up to 72v, one only goes to 60v. If you have a pack that goes to only 60v max charge, then either would work. If you have a pack whose nominal voltage is 60v, then only the 72v version would charge the pack properly.

Back