Advice needed for V 2.0

Lenk42602

10 kW
All, i think after some consideration, I am going to run with the same battery config that drunkskunk is using. I can also vouch for Ken @ itselectric.ca. He has an excellent commitment to serving customers. In this day and age, and the nature of this industry, it is very rare thing indeed. Anyways, I am going to be running an x5303 + (2) 37volt, 10.5 AH Lipo batteries, configured so that I can run series @ 74v or parallel @ 21Ah.

Ken tells me that the discharge rate is 2c.

I used the hub simulator for 20A and 35A comparisons running this (using nicad/nimh)setup. I am familiar what the performance implications are based on the simulator, but one thing the simulator does not help a newbie with is what kind of heat/resistance will occur based on which controller is selected. I was wondering if anyone can help me out?

Of these contoller options, which would be the most versatile considering my hub motor and battery pack (w/both series/parallel configs)? My definition of "versatile" is that it provides the most useable power @ 72v/10.5ah and 37v/21ah and is the least likely to over heat?

1. 48 volt, 40 amp
2. 72 volt, 20 amp
3. 72 volt, 35 amp

Thanks in advance,

Len

the 48 wouldn't handle your batteries in series, so I'd rule that out.

the 72V 20 amp has only 6 FETs, while the 35A has 12. That means the 35A will have lower internal resistance, but the Clyte controllers are so overbuilt thats almost not an issue. I'm pushing my 72V 20A to 30 amps for the last 700 miles, and it never gets hot.

the controllers from Justin at Ebike.ca are built up with 4110 FETs, so instead of a choice of which controller, it would be more of a choice of which sorce. Plus if you get one of his, then add one of his direct plugin Cycle Analysts, you can turn the max current and max speed down, meaning you could turn the 7235 into a 7220 for running in series, then turn it back up for running parallel

ahh - versatility... just today a saw the utility in using a CA to manage power consumption - many thanks!

Back