Problems with buying from Brett White at ebike.biz. All lies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stig

100 kW
On the 21st of November I made a payment to Brett White for a BMC 500 kit and battery box. I regret that mistake. Needless to say, being deceived has made me extremely unhappy.

Here is the some text copied from my paypal history:
Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Nov. 21, 2008 Payment To brett white Completed ... -$550.00 USD

Related Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Nov. 21, 2008 Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed Details $550.00 USD
Sent to:
brett white
Email:
solarbbq@hotmail.com

Amount sent:
-$550.00 USD
Fee:
$0.00 USD
Total:
-$550.00 USD

Date:
Nov. 21, 2008
Time:
08:16:10 PST
Completed

Here are some quotes from emails Brett White had sent me:
"I can try to send within one week is possible, but 2 weeks is less stress time frame" Brett White, 20 November, 08
"I'll send you tracking details as soon as it leaves china, will do best to send by end of next week." Brett White, 21 November, 08
"I will send tracking number same day kit is sent, I hope to do that on monday or tuesday,"
"Things are going smoothly with business and sending kits, cant see any problems on doing yours early next week." Brett White, 25 November, 08
"I will make sure it goes out on monday, my workman will not send me tracking number until late monday though" Brett White, 5 December, 08

They are not clear confirmations of delivery dates, but they are very misleading because as of today nothing has been sent. No tracking numbers. Nothing.

Now I've requested that he refund my payment. What will I do if he won't refund my payment???

1) File a dispute with Paypal

2) Use a credit card via Paypal next time, not a bank transfer, so you can dispute with the cc company as well

Toshi said:
1) File a dispute with Paypal

2) Use a credit card via Paypal next time, not a bank transfer, so you can dispute with the cc company as well

unless you have bought by ebay paypal will not receive any dispute... I've learned the hard way.

The Stig said:
Is it generally not a good idea to use a card through paypal rather than bank transfer?
i always use a card with Paypal, both for the extra protection and because Paypal pays a fee. i relish in lowering corporate profit margins, even if Paypal's profits go towards funding the Tesla through Elon Musk. but i digress.

anyway, i have had Paypal disputes resolved outside of eBay. give it a whirl. if it's a straightforward case of not receiving any product where product was promised then it may well be resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner.

He is on this forum
Ask him.

-methods

OK everybody needs a break sometimes, and the holidays and all, but more than a month and no shipment? I'd be a bit pissed too by then! If the stock aint there, refund it and email the customer when the stock can be shipped.

Sounds like an awful seller. No excuse for such delays with expensive items.

He get's there in the end. He's not dishonest.

It just takes months. I imagine organising stock from China is a nightmare. Keeping some stock in Oz would solve this issue, but it's dead capital, and I hardly think Brett is funding his retirement with this business.

It took 5-6 months for my brother's motor, but it did happen.

Well I'm afraid it is dishonesty when he told me at the beginning that it would be sent in a week. That is dishonest. Not the worst of lies but still a lie. I just want my motor to come when I want it to come. Or closer to when I want it to come, which means going to a different seller I guess.

Papal sux pure and simple. In my dispute with Golden Motors they were no help whatsoever - none!! Paypal replied to ZERO of my emails. Luckily I paid Paypal with a credit card and this was the only thing I could threaten GM with. To this day I still haven't gotten 95 dollars of my money back.

Paypal only works if you buy something in an auction - and even then there are many many horror stories. A normal payment to a business using Paypal gives you no protection at all. The credit card company is the only one who will fight for you. Always use your credit card.

I dont know about Brett White, crazy to do things so slow, he's killing his reputation over a few hundred dollars. If he's doing it as a hobby, just to help people out, then that's nice of him but he needs to let people know that their purchse is not a priority for him.

Speaking for myself I have no problem with waiting months for something to come from the US or China BUT I expect to be told and agree to that delay first before they take my money.

Mark_A_W said:
I imagine organising stock from China is a nightmare. and I hardly think Brett is funding his retirement with this business.
It took 5-6 months for my brother's motor, but it did happen.

Almost half a year to process an order? And you live in the same hemisphere, wow, you have more patience than most.

According to Bretts web site he's been to some of the motor factories in China, he must have first hand knowlege in that field for sure.

Hopefully he'll get things sorted out.

This is truly distressing as he has always been straight with my orders! I wonder what happened, as I have never had a problem that he could not resolve in a satisfactory manner!
otherDoc

Same fraud problems with Brett White... ebike.biz
Payment sent from bank direct on his acount 4 month ago.
First say tht the kit is on delivery, than say that payment doesent come...
EVIDENTLY IS LAY ...
Search other people to make a denunciation of him to the Australian authority.

This is my project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KVUiXB-W5Y

The Stig said:
Well I'm afraid it is dishonesty when he told me at the beginning that it would be sent in a week. That is dishonest. Not the worst of lies but still a lie. I just want my motor to come when I want it to come. Or closer to when I want it to come, which means going to a different seller I guess.

ALL OK?
I realy dont think soo...
Before this redy delivery ... e-mail ... money was send 30 days before.
After 4 month (oct2008 - feb2009) THERE IS NO DELVERY !!!

"Dear" Brett White ...
Dnt wish to get no e-motor from you enymore.
JUST MONEY BACK !!!

Od: Brett White <solarbbq@hotmail.com> Dodaj u adresar
Za: <marsici@net.hr>
Naslov: RE: payment OK - 3rd
Datum: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 19:43:45 +0100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI V***
Oh sorry I didn't realise transfer had been made, I will instruct that the motor/controller be sent today,
let me confirm details
adress as below:
> Vi** K***
> V***
> 6000 K***
> S***IA
> EU

can you give phone number contact for freight company
I need to send:
smaller or mid size motor ( sorry I forget which one)
controller
throttle ( which type thumb or twist with or without leds for battery voltage)
brake handles with cut off switches
brett

"Dear" Brett White

If you dont remember the order
This time you wll gote a public order!!!

Chain Drive Motor Kits - CD1 small geared brushed motor 24v-36volt
40amp $55aud FULL COMPLETE KIT - with spokes... 160 AUD

ORIGINAL SPEC
http://www.users.bigpond.com/solarbbq/bikesale/bsale.htm
... link on ebike.biz ... gone - deth ...
PAGE GONE - BUT e-mails stil hire

Od: "marsici" <marsici@net.hr> Dodaj u adresar
Za: Brett White <solarbbq@hotmail.com>
Naslov: RE: brett
Datum: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:21:28 +0100

Hi Brett
OK!
Waiting for tracking information about spedition.
Thank you.
V

To: <marsici@net.hr>
Subject: RE: brett
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:56:02 +0000

----- Original Message Follows -----
HI V***
yes sorry is taking me so long to send out kit, I will try get that done in next few
days, apologies
too many things to do, not enough hands, I will send you tracking information the day
the parts are
sent, so then you can contact shipping company, need to give 3 or 4 days from day it
leaves, that is
about usually time frame, maybe extra day for europe
brett

> From: Brett White <solarbbq@hotmail.com>
> To: <marsici@net.hr>
> Subject: RE: EU - order
> Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:59:49 +0000
>
> ----- Original Message Follows -----
> <blockquote>
> > HI V***
> > I just read your other mail also,
> > ; to get best torque ideally you would want to use the rear gears from a bicycle, this motor is
> > often mounted on normal type mountain bike with 15or 18 speed gears, but basically you use the
> > rear sprocket already on the bike, in the first gear you can climb just about anything, but having
> > gears to change through can also get quite good top speeds ( over 30km/hr), the controller with
> > the motor can draw quite alot of amps ( 40amps or can get 30amp controller) best to get 40amp
> > controller and limit amps if you want ( very easy to do). there is a bracket comes with the motor
> > which will aid for install, I have not as yet worked to make/supply a full mounting system, just
> > no time to do that as yet, so really it would be up to your skills on how to mount it. I really
> > suggest to use bicycle chain as torque from motor on smaller chain might cause some problem over
> > time, maybe it would be ok, but i think some problems over time. $160aud would be ok for kit,
> > freight to send to europe is a bit more expensive but no problem, i think its just experimental
> > for you so I happy with that price for motor/bracket/ adapter/ sprocket 14 tooth/orignal sprocket
> > 9 tooth/controller/throttle/brake handles ( maybe i break even!!) brett
> > ps attached payment options, western union I have not tried to recieve money before, but I send
> > money to china regularly so it would be no problem for me but attached some options.
> >

LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

all
to get money ...

Od: "marsici" <marsici@net.hr> Dodaj u adresar
Za: solarbbq@hotmail.com
Naslov: 160 AUD money - back!!!
Datum: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:12:58 +0100

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8272&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&...

ORIGINAL SWIFT PAYMENT ON
http://www.easy-share.com/1903609484/PAYMENT.pdf
http://www.turboupload.com/files/get/i7J5W1u4e4/payment.pdf

This is a copy of your

Od: "Mail Delivery Subsystem" <postmaster@net.hr> Dodaj u adresar

Za: <marsici@net.hr>
Naslov: Delivery failure to <solarbbq@hotmail.com> ...
Datum: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 08:13:00 +0100
Prilozi: 20081216144858862.pdf

When trying to deliver your message, the mail server at net.hr
encountered problems with the following addresses:

For <solarbbq@hotmail.com>, Site hotmail.com (65.54.244.8) said in response to
MAIL FROM (550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons.
Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or
IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact
your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit
http://postmaster.l

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------unnamed_file

Reporting-MTA: dns; net.hr

Final-Recipient: rfc822;solarbbq@hotmail.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-code smtp; Site hotmail.com (65.54.244.8) said in response to MAIL FROM
(550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for
rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain
reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
unnamed_file
Subject: SWIFT PAYAMENT 160 AUD
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 08:12:57 +0100

This is original payment swift to your bank acount.
I still wait for delivery o MONEY BACK.
Or fraud advice to police and on wordwide phoeums.

Best regards.

If money is not on your bank you culd make your advice to police against my bank if
they dont send a
money.
Simple. If money gone from my acount MUST BE ON YOUR.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 12 Feb 2009 11:37
Subject: 160 AUD money - back!!!
To: solarbbq@hotmail.com
Cc: kenny@crystalyte.com, crystalytemotor@yahoo.com, info.centre@accc.gov.au

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 12 Feb 2009 09:44
Subject: RE: 160 AUD money - back!!!

To: Brett White <solarbbq@hotmail.com>
Cc: vito.kodarin@gmail.com

Brett!!!

Be serius.
Is to late for delivery.
Your delivery was late 100days ago!!!
All you gote to do, is MONEY BACK !!!
Ask your BANK how to do.

Sicerly Brett!!!

vito.kodarin@gmail.com

To: <marsici@net.hr>
Subject: RE: 160 AUD money - back!!!
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:23:59 +0000

----- Original Message Follows -----

HI
I will make sure it goes out today, I will send ems freight receipt tonight, can you give me phone contact to put on the freight papers, they dont like to send without a phone contact.
Very sorry for worry you with long delay
will make sure value is written less than $20usd, and ce certificate etc
brett

Hi socerga,
check out my post http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8033&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p125172 where I detail my saga with Brett. It is still ongoing too. A few days ago I queried him about my new controller that he said he would replace the dodgy one that he sent with. His reply?

>HI Ed,
>they have been ordered but not arrive in office as yet, shouldn't be much longer
>brett

Hmm. looks rather like more of the same to me...

If I'm wrong, I'm happy to admit it and apologize. What's that saying? "Hell might freeze over first..."

ElectricEd said:
Hi socerga,
check out my post http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8033&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p125172 where I detail my saga with Brett. It is still ongoing too. A few days ago I queried him about my new controller that he said he would replace the dodgy one that he sent with. His reply?

>HI Ed,
>they have been ordered but not arrive in office as yet, shouldn't be much longer
>brett

Hmm. looks rather like more of the same to me...

If I'm wrong, I'm happy to admit it and apologize. What's that saying? "Hell might freeze over first..."

Did he say what kind of controller he is waiting to arrive in the office? Hes said that to me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back