Problems with buying from Brett White at ebike.biz. All lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man, I'm sorry for your luck. Did you buy on ebay? Can you give a link to who this guy is so no one else is screwed by him? I never buy on ebay because I just don't trust it and I hate paypal.

no, he has nothing to do with ebay, he has his own website ebikes.biz
He used to be a good seller apparently, I had read a number of reports from happy customers of his, on this forum. But in the last 6 months, or more, hes been pretty bad.
I actually think I would have been much better off if I had bought from him over ebay because paypal has that buyer protection thing. I would have just filed a complaint after a week or two of Brett sending me nothing, I would have gotten my money back from paypal and they would have gone after him.

Paypal never answered a single email of mine - not one. They were absolutely no help at all. Threatening with the CC company seems to have been what worked but i'm still down 95 dollars to Golden Motor, paypal could not have been worse.

kazbluesky said:
Paypal never answered a single email of mine - not one. They were absolutely no help at all. Threatening with the CC company seems to have been what worked but i'm still down 95 dollars to Golden Motor, paypal could not have been worse.

I do a lot of business with PayPal and they gave me a "special" 1-800 number to call with any problems.
Check your email, perhaps you got this number too.

-methods

Hi it's me again waiting for an order to arrive.

I found this article dated 2005.

https://www.indymedia.ie/article/70376?condense_comments=true

Last look, on typing in "hub motors" on Google, Brett White's site was jumping between sixth and third in the listing. "Solarbbq" is the secret code word, if that first phrase does not find him. Brett moves single Chinese hub motors on to anywhere, for love not money, almost at cost. He is a very fine man, once a science teacher, who flew up here from Newcastle at his own expense, fitted my old mountain bike to its new motor gratis, then went home again. I was very priviledged, and don't think he can do that for everyone, unless you send the tickets, but email advice is free to one and all, which is a damn fine effort.

Now although this is an old article it shows Brett has some desire to do the right thing, however maybe to much of the right thing. The above is overkill IMO. It seems Brett may of over extended his help to breaking point on many occasion, giving him the good guy wrap. Habits are hard to break and these habits allow businesses evolve into hard to control beasts that the problems can amount to more than the man solving them. I feel there are some changes coming up with ebike.biz. Either it will disappear (hopes not) or get an overhaul, I have no inside information its just a hunch. He has helped a few people.

Send another Email wait and hope.

If any of you resolve your issues with Breet please keep us informed.

HI guys
yes old website is down, moving all the info over too www.ebike.biz, I understand some people have been waiting far too long,
vitos kit I finally got sent to him, I just have to ask for your patience on the orders, I'm doing best to get through the backlog of things to send out, certainly not trying to rip anyone off, just have to be patient if at all possible.

Sorry Brett. I'm glad you posted here though. This shows people youre still sloging at it. All though slogging may "appear" (emphasis on appear) the incorrect word I do believe you are not into ripping people off. I do hope the future brings better luck to you.

Not everyone will be patient, you know already. Not everyone will understand who you are either. My quote above shows you offer help beyond the money, however some march to a different set of ethics. I'm not judging either side. Just different sides of the peny. How to suit everyone is a complete mystery to me.

People panick for good reason. Usually people think "I've been ripped" after 2 weeks. It happens a lot on ebay and stuff.

You are an oddity in the world of sales atm Brett. I dont understand! Oh well.

My order is only small. I do enjoy the email chats while I wait too.

Some Questions to yourself Brett, for the other ESians.

Will we see a more efficient http://www.ebike.biz/ up and running within the next 6mths?

Are there any plans to introduce new products and or functions to your web site?

Is http://www.ebike.biz/ the thing you want to be doing long term? Meaning eg. Still run it in retirement years

Cheers. :D

I Bought a Crystalyte 408 on the 26/05/08 from Brett.

After over 2 months of waiting for Brett to wire it up i asked for him to send the hub to me and i would wire it up.

Brett sent the hub to me.

3 months passed, lots of email ping pong with Brett and i was unable to get the hub working after following his instructions.

It turned out the hubs hall sensors were faulty.

I returned the hub to Brett on the 12/11/08 and it's now 10 months since i paid for it and i still don't have a working hub.
Several times Brett has promised to have it fixed by a certain date and he has not done a thing, he has never let me know what is going on without me emailing him to ask whats up.

I am at my wits end and do not know what to do.

how did you know the hall sensors were bad? this was a new motor? did you guys ever just pm him through the endless-sphere mail messages at the user control panel? he may still be in china too.

there is a thread on here about finding the correct sensor and phase wire connections, and all the known working combinations are collected into a thread richard started.

Brett told me it was the hall sensors after he looked at it.

I've contacted him by email, sms and phone, I don't know if a pm on this board will get me anywhere but I've seen other people post on here and that seems to have gotten their issues resolved.

the ebike.biz site should be up for long term, the old site was probably 10 years old, began when I was building solar cookers a long time back, will put up new products etc on the ebike.biz site, I have had alot of problems with my time frames for getting goods sent or repairs done, its caused quite a few people to get upset with the long delays, but I guess I have limitations on how much can get done each day, some will probably find it hard to believe but this biz is pretty much 24/7, example the hall sensor problem on the motor mentioned ( still not finished): initially I set up the business so that everything was put together and tested before being sent out, I trained to guys in china to do that work, one of them decided to clean me out and take my stock ( after working for me for almost 2 years), it just isn't possible for me to retrain someone to do that work, so I have to rely on the manufacturers that the hall sensors/motors etc will be ok when they leave the factory. Unfortunately its going to happen from time to time. Its certainly not realistic for me to test everything that gets sent out. I'm basically a back yard tinkerer having a crack at running a business, I think i'll always be a back yard tinkerer, whether or not i'll be a good businessman is another thing, I've made plenty of mistakes no doubt, I'm still struggling to keep on top of things, hence long delays, but I think most people are satisfied in the end if they can hang in there with my slowness.
Its quite ironic really that I got into ebikes really to avoid using cars, basically to simplify my life, but the opposite has happened, its probably been the most difficult, complex thing i've ever done to run this business. Getting rid of the car and depending on ebikes.........that part achieved...simplifying my life........i think unachievable.

Brett,

It's all about focus. For example, you should be fixing your customers' problems not tinkering with modifying controllers. Tinkering is fine once everything is caught up. Also drop shipping from China is just too expensive, and only the shipping company will make any money. Find a good motor, order it in quantity, and carry some as spares to quickly replace those with problems. If you can't do these things, then you have no business being in the business, because there's no way you have the volume to be working 24/7 to serve your customers. I believe ebike stuff consumes your time, but from what I've seen in this and other threads, I'd say it's pretty doubtful that you spend even 1 hour a week actually serving your customers. You have no right to accept their money up front, and then allow your part of the bargain to drag on for months and months.

John

I'd have to agree with all of johns points.
If i can get it back this week as you mentioned on the sms that would be great.

I am Brett's workman in China, i think he's always doing his best. He is a good man and a good Boss.

I've been getting stuff off Brett for a couple of years now. He is slow, but basically honest.

To Lame: "10 months since i paid for it and i still don't have a working hub". I'd have to agree with you there. You sure are doing it pretty tough. Hope a new engine comes your way soon. (are you listening Brett?)

To The Stig: The delivery date underestimation seems to be a HUGE problem with Brett , I agree, having been through the pain of it myself a few times.
However, to a lot of aussies, considering the range of gear he can distribute, he's the "only game in town" quite often, and at a better price than imported competition, I've found.

To John in CR:
"then you have no business being in the business" .... This guy is just having a go at creating a business around a topic that he loves. Reseach the product and seller a bit and just don't buy from him if it dosen't feel right. No one else here seems to have the goods at the right price.

Matt.

just a note to say that the kits mentioned in this thread were sent out, late yes but things always get sent out,
stig still waiting on infineon controller, I recieved the controllers but t430 mosfet were installed instead of irf4310, so some delay getting the correct mosfets put in, but that will be sorted shortly.

I did not get my hub as advised, i want my hub back this week or a refund

thewmatusmoloki said:
I've been getting stuff off Brett for a couple of years now. He is slow, but basically honest.

To Lame: "10 months since i paid for it and i still don't have a working hub". I'd have to agree with you there. You sure are doing it pretty tough. Hope a new engine comes your way soon. (are you listening Brett?)

To The Stig: The delivery date underestimation seems to be a HUGE problem with Brett , I agree, having been through the pain of it myself a few times.
However, to a lot of aussies, considering the range of gear he can distribute, he's the "only game in town" quite often, and at a better price than imported competition, I've found.

To John in CR:
"then you have no business being in the business" .... This guy is just having a go at creating a business around a topic that he loves. Reseach the product and seller a bit and just don't buy from him if it dosen't feel right. No one else here seems to have the goods at the right price.

Matt.

Bernie Madoff probably started off the same way, using customers' money for something else, and then reporting untruths with the intention of making it right at a later time. There's only one way to do business, and that's the right way. If you offer something for sale and accept payment you must:

1. Have the item on hand and promptly ship.
or
2. Have existing arrangements for you supplier(s) to ship promptly directly to your customers.
or
3. Take the order with full customer knowledge up front that the item is on "back order", so the
customer expects to wait for delivery from your supplier.

Customers will generally go out of their way to help the small guy business as long as they are up front and truthful. I realize it is often more difficult, but "the truth will set you free."

John

Its amazing Brett finds time to post here but has not made a direct comment to my posts, he can contact me via email, phone, sms or this forum but I have received absolutely nothing. I really want my LiFeP04 battery back that he has, I hope I get my hub as well but I’m not very hopeful.

I wish I didn’t have to make posts like this to get something I've paid for.

I’d like to report another 19month non delivery from Brett White, and appeal to Brett to honour my order. To anyone reading this I should caution you about buying from Brett, or http://www.ebike.biz/ at all, and certainly at least until I have notified receipt of my order from about 19 months ago for a battery. Despite constant assurances, the batteries and charger have still not been sent. I paid for them 18/7/2007 and as of 27/3/09 have still not received them.
Simon Collyer

yes I am having difficulty and especially the delays with lithiums is not acceptable. Will try resolve with the customers, and try get through my backlog of emails.

Will try resolve with the customers, and try get through my backlog of emails.

Ha! I've heard that one before! DOZENS of times! There is no point emailing you, an open forum like this is the only way to communicate.

:lol:

You must have some sort of disorder that makes you incapable of saying anything in the definite.
The future perjoritive is just not acceptable to any customer that has been waiting for months and months. It's now over ONE YEAR since I paid you. :roll:

What about the two Battery Management boards that you said would send?
What about the replacement controller that you said you would send?

I still have the case with Consumer Affairs NSW open, so how about extracting the digit and coming up with the goods? :x

It sounds like Brett has blown it over and over. I hesitate recommending banning the guy, since this may be the only form of communication available, but to me it's unconscionable that he's treated as just "one of the guys" over in the technical section. I say hound him in any thread he posts. Anything over 90 days is absurd and unacceptable. I thought you Aussie guys would have dealt with his type appropriately long ago.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back