Problem uploading VESC firmware

alex jones

100 mW
Hello, I have a new VESC version 4.12 and I'm having problems uploading the firmware for it. Tried updating on the newest version of the bldc tool but it could not update due to the older firmware on my vescs...but on the screen grab below you will see that the "FW Upload Done" ...so why then does it keep coming up with the message to install the newer FW evrytime I click connect?

View attachment 1

On a side note my VESC has 3 lights: green, yellow and red light...I'm a bit worried that the green and yellow lights are on permanently. I don't think the yellow light should be on permanently! Would I be right to assume that there is a problem with the VESC ?

This is a screen grab when I try upgrade the firmware. I'm basically going around in circles. It says that the FW has been successfully uploaded but I click connect and it shows the pop up message informing me to upgrade the FW again.

vescprob33.JPG
file.php

Basically I can't do anything with the VESC until i upgrade the FW. Can anyone help? Do I have a faulty VESC or am I doing something wrong? Also I have noticed that I only have COM3 under the serial connection tab ...and no other choices etc. Is that right?
I'm using a 12v power supply.

Thanks for any help,

Alex.

I think I had the same problem. Turned out the firmware that came with bldc tool was out of date. I found the latest Fw in vesc.support site, copied it in firmware folder for bldc tool and uploaded firware just like you did before and it worked straight away...

I think my problem is opposite to what you say...the firmware on the BLDC tool that I have downloaded is the latest fw 2.18 and I need to first find a 2.15 BLDC tool...then I can upload the latest fw to that once I am in.

GOT IT WORKING :D

I had to download fw v2.15 then v2.16 then v2.18. The bldc tool was not letting me go from v2.15 which was on the VESC straight to v2.18.

Back