Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

davla said:
j bjork said:
davla said:
The first time I opened it, it was fine but then it went like this 🤔

I know about it, click English in the top right corner :mrgreen:

😂 thanks I found it

It is confusing, I thought it meant it was in English. Especially as it was at first.
This controller sure has a lot of these strange things with the program.

Has anyone played with engine braking when you release the throttle?
I have tried both HHC and HDC:

KFbrNks.jpg

None of them seems to do anything.
In the manual it says "HDC lowrst speed" sets how low HDC should be active.
400 should be about 15km/h. I tried 300, but then it jerk on throttle. It seems more like an rpm limit.
I want something like an ice engine when you release the throttle.

I haven't played with it much, but I get something feeling like engine braking with HDC checked and lowest speed 800 on a scooter with a QS hub motor 3000w, and votol EM100. Is this a hub motor or mid drive?

I tested a little more, the jerkiness was probably just because I hit the rpm limit with the wheel off ground.
When I drive it it just limits the speed (rpm probably). The higher value I set the faster it will go. I think I tried 800 or 1000, and it did something like 20km/h :roll: I didn't really notice any braking on my very short testride. I know I have tested 6000 earlier, and then I didn't notice anything. Probably I didn't try to go fast enough to notice the limit.

That can be useful I guess, but not really what I was after. I am a little worried about the top speed though. With nucular 24fet and 7:1 gearing the bike did almost exactly 100km/h with fw.
Now with the votol and 8:1 gearing it goes faster.. I think I have been up to about 110km/h, and it still seemed to have more to give. I didn't try to go faster, I was afraid to break the controller. I think with this gearing the and the nuc it should have done about 88km/h. The nuc limit fw when the back emf gets too high, it seems like the votol doesn't..

I don't know a lot about these things, but can it be "safe" to go faster with the votol than the nuc?
Maybe it would be a good thing to have an rpm limit at about 6000rpm? ( I guess it would generate about 100v at 6000rpm if it is 60kv?)

Hello. Everyone I have a problem with me votol em-150 it was working fine but now it stopped working and now I don't know how to restart it again so i need your help.

Hi

I got my QS3000 mid drive motor.
Votol EM-150 controller
60V , 20AH battery pack (for testing) (56-58V measured under load and idle)

First time open it from the box, connected it to PC and added 60V to the controller (it was default 70v and would not start)

I got the motor running now.
But at half throttle it got plenty of RPM, but when I try to give the next half to full throttle,
It sounds like the motor struggle to spin, and the speed goes from 60 (half throttle) and down to 50 (on full throttle) .
I also can feel the shaft of the motor actually getting a tiny bit hot.

Connected to the PC, motor is running from 1-4 AMP at 30% throttle.
When giving full throttle it pulls 9AMP and the speed goes down.

FOR EVERYONE: YES I know motor is under NO load, and the fact I can feel the shaft of the motor getting warmer I did not run it for more than a tiny second.
I just want to check motor before mounting it on my chassis.

I dont know how many AMP motor is supposed to use under no load, or maybe my battery pack is bad, but 9A should it manage to deliver.

ebPc8k0.jpg

AteJP0W.jpg

All settings is default from QS factory.

I tested now running 72volt.

The motor is acting strange :(
Not how I think a new motor should sounds like.

The motor speeds up to something that sounds like Almost 100% speed, and that is with only 10% input from my throttle.

Then if I continue to give throttle the motor slows down speed and it does not sound good.

If I continue to hold throttle for some seconds, the motor continues to run!

Is there a cruise control on the EM150 votol controller?
Scary that it just continues to run..

I'm very thankful for any ideas and help.
QS motors support is silent, so I don't know what to do :|

liteglow said:
j bjork said:
Try without HDC. I think 4500 flux weakening sounds high to start with.

Nobody got a screenshot of reccomended settings that does actually work?

You could try the settings from the manual. If you have too high field weakening or the wrong phase angle setting you can get the issues you describe with semi stable control and slow speed down after throttle release.

larsb said:
liteglow said:
j bjork said:
Try without HDC. I think 4500 flux weakening sounds high to start with.

Nobody got a screenshot of recommended settings that does actually work?

You could try the settings from the manual. If you have too high field weakening or the wrong phase angle setting you can get the issues you describe with semi stable control and slow speed down after throttle release.

I dont have manual for the QS3000 motor.
And I cant find any "default" settings for this motor.
All I can find out from the info online is that it`s supposed to be 5 pair pole.

I did adjust "speed limit" in the software to 60%, and it works fine up until that.
from 60-100% the motor dont give more power.
It sounds like a car engine that reach RPM cut.

It sound perfect until 60% than its just making a lot of messy sounds.

In the qs tread you say that you have a 138 70h. Then your setup is completely wrong, yours look like it is for a hub motor. There are plenty of examples in this tread of setups with this controller and motor. It is 5 pole pairs, v-type, I dont think the hall angle is right either.

Hey guys,

I recently built a little mini moto with the em100sp and I use a Z6 throttle which has a 3 speed switch and a separate button for sport mode. But when sport mode is on I cant really tell that its active. Can I somehow wire a little light or something to come on when sport mode is active? If I can, then how?

Hi all, I've just hooked up my Votol EM150 to a 20S20P but nothing happend.
What does the Votol need at a minimum to do something?
I've only connected the bat + & -, 3 motor wires, hall sensor and accelerator cable.

Hello guys i need help, does anyone here experience the overcurrent fault on EM-100? Is there anyway to fix this or should i change a new one. Thanks

Hello guys i need help with my Controller i have a 3000w Cyclone Motor and a Votol EM 100
It spins for half a Rotation after that i get hall error if i read the hall sensors it switches between 2v and 5,3v non of them stays at 5,3v thank you for you help i think i have some settings wrong but i cant find the error 1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

Is it possible to LOG data from Votol 150 during runs?
All the data is there when connected to PC (Amp/Rpm/volt) so it should in theory be possible to make a log file.

Anyone done something like this before?

Is this section of forum dead?

I was testing different settings on my controller today, more flux and less flux.

But now I can't get it to run again, when I give throttle it barely turning it around.

If I push the wheel with my hands it turns around very slow, only draw 0,4AMP, and no error codes.

I did have a Overcurrent error when tested before today.
Not sure if the controller is in safe mode or anything like that?

Back