csk one way bearing and a sprocket

enoob

1 kW
before i build my own has anyone (other than randy i know that one wont do 70mm) seen or know of method of attaching this gear to the od that will allow me to easily swap gears ?
onewaysprocket.jpg

this bit gives me isolation from the motor when i pedal and puts the icing on my first build . thread to follow

I guess you'd need to make a collar for the bearing to press into (or otherwise be fastened into) that has an end-plate with bolt holes on it for the sprocket to bolt to.

If the bearing's outer race is keyed like the inner one, you'd probably want to use that keyway to ensure no rotation within the collar, given the torque I expect you'll be putting thru that. ;)

Right.. I know it depends and all but what have you put through so far? It'd be nice and simple. And quiet! I'd love to quiet up a couple of our projects using something like this.

I haven't been anywhere near its limit...

The nominal rating of the clutch I have is 165 Nm (usually 50% of peak rating) so, if you were running it at 350 rpm, that's at least 6000 Watts...

i may get closer to its limit as its getting driven by the mars with a 48v 200amp controller. ive been curious to try this out as it leads to the plan i have for a 2 or 3 speed

the alloy is on the lathe now . soooo close

The nominal ratings for CSK 35 vary from 140 Nm (Chinese) to 175 Nm (Stieber). Also, you need to de-rate for housings which don't meet the containment specification, I guess....

im still not close then . if my math is right

@48v its 1.2 lbs in per amp x 200 = 240 lbs in = 27 Nm

there is a 3.1 gear reduction from motor to that bearing but i still doubt ill be pushing it

Stumbled across these, sometimes it helps to know that something exists, and also knowing the industrial trade name...

A CSK-P has a keyway on the Inside-Diameter (ID), and a CSK-PP has a keyway on the ID and also the Outside Diameter (OD).

None of the listed IDs/ODs help me, but I thought they might be useful to someone else (perhaps other IDs/ODs available from some other company). Miles, I like the way you did yours!...

http://www.stieber.de/pdf/stieber/CSKP-product-en.pdf

200777_143419.jpg

So are these capable of handling the torque that a eno can? Do they provide less runout for using large diameter sprockets? Are they a better value?

Dave

i dont know what the eno can handle but i can tell you this bearing has absolutely 0 noticeable runout, 0 backlash and is silent like death.

we will see if that holds up after i pump 12kw through it later this summer :twisted: for now we'll start with 6kw

Nicely done Enoob!

:)

thanks for the kudos gents . and thanks again miles for sharing yours . ill show more soon when im showing off the bike )

Back