1 day pass-the-hat for Naeem, the most hardcore Ebike ever.

liveforphysics said:
docnjoj said:
I'm glad to be able to afford to donate a little to Naeem as his skills with reuse and recycling are simply amazing. I wish you well as a good citizen of the world!
otherDoc

Me too. :)

I did I miss yours? Maybe sending error or something Doc?
I guess. I sent $50. Please let me know if there was a problem and I will resend. Paypal says it went OK.
otherDoc

Updated. :)

This is awesome.

We are up to 4-digits. :)

You guys are fantastic. I'm so excited to get to bring down a nice stack of hundreds to the Western Union and imagine what it's going to feel like for Naeem to have them in his hands.

docnjoj said:
liveforphysics said:
docnjoj said:
I'm glad to be able to afford to donate a little to Naeem as his skills with reuse and recycling are simply amazing. I wish you well as a good citizen of the world!
otherDoc

Me too. :)

I did I miss yours? Maybe sending error or something Doc?
I guess. I sent $50. Please let me know if there was a problem and I will resend. Paypal says it went OK.
otherDoc

Hmm... I'm guessing you just forgot to include your user name and i didn't recognize your real name or email address? PM me your email address and I can confirm that I've got it, and add you to the list. Thanks!

I read this a little late, sent 20 aud, great idea for a great man but I hope he doesn't spend it on that bike, it is a true work of art but i'm sure he will spend wisely if he accepts that is
btw mine got sent with the subject you've got funds, mark-eh@hotmail.com

yopappamon said:
I'll pitch in. God knows you all have saved me a pile of dough with all the good advice. :wink:

Thank you for the kind words, and your donation. Remember though, don't donate for anything related to myself, this is all about giving something back to Naeem for the inspiration his work may have had on your own life.

When you see what he did with so little, a glance at our own resources and not feel like we could build absolutely anything we wanted to create.

liveforphysics said:
Remember though, don't donate for anything related to myself, this is all about giving something back to Naeem for the inspiration his work may have had on your own life.

Sorry I have to disagree with your Luke. This is about paying it forward.
Naeem can use this windfall anyway he wants, with just the string attached that he too, must pay it forward one day.

The puralotor shipping quote : the broker receives 40% of that fee. tis a racket.

PedalingBiped said:
Naeem can use this windfall anyway he wants, with just the string attached that he too, must pay it forward one day.

I am a believer in paying it forward myself, and do so when i can as i am sure does Naeem. IIRC he did want to make a pedic cab type e-vehicle if a am correct i am sure this money will be used for this purposes, the vehicle will benefit alot of people not just Naeem ;)

Luke...is it too late to payapl you some money? just awoke here in OZ (6.30am here) and read this post.

KiM

AussieJester said:
PedalingBiped said:

I am a believer in paying it forward myself, and do so when i can as i am sure does Naeem. IIRC he did want to make a pedic cab type e-vehicle if a am correct i am sure this money will be used for this purposes, the vehicle will benefit alot of people not just Naeem ;)

Luke...is it too late to payapl you some money? just awoke here in OZ (6.30am here) and read this post.

KiM

I know you're on a tight income too my friend, you just tell me how much you would donate and I will pay it for you from my pocket. :)

Yeah, he'd asked for advice and parts in the rickshaw thread. If we could find a way to get him parts, I could probably come up with the controller and throttle to match Will_newton's motor, But shipping from the US isn't going to work ot so well. Maybe there is another way to get something in to the country?

liveforphysics said:
AussieJester said:
PedalingBiped said:

KiM

I know you're on a tight income too my friend, you just tell me how much you would donate and I will pay it for you from my pocket. :)

Appreciate that Luke, i have just been paid though so can afford to give a lil to Naeem no problem, i initiated paypal transfer it might take a few days for the $$$ to show as it has to transfer from my Aussie bank account (no credit card)

Drunkskunk- I have a few throttles here i can send to whomever is collecting, never been used hall sensor jobs. I did a cleanup of my older ev-parts from past projects etc a while back alot got thrown out what didn't i posted off to ol' Amberwolkf to use on his projects.

KiM

Updated the list, and I found OtherDoc's (Docnjoj) donation. I had been confused by the name when checking the list. :oops: :oops: Totally my own error. Oops! Thanks for being patient Doc. :)

-Luke

Hi,

Ypedal said:
I think cash is the best gift, he can spend it on whatever he wants and/or needs!
Except that we might be able to send items he can't buy locally and so far the offers of parts are in addition to the cash.

Luke said:
...this is all about giving something back to Naeem for the inspiration his work may have had on your own life.
My small donation isn't because his work has been an inspirational effect on my life. It was because through no merit of my own I can afford to help someone financially, who eminently deserves that help.

Luke said:
I'm pretty damn excited about this.
Me too! It's very special :D. If everyone would always try to help each other, in similar ways, it would transform the world and our lives.

Luke! Great idea.

This guy looks like he can build a silk purse from a sow's ear! I'd love to throw some AUDs your way. PM sent.

Great idea, and Naeem, keep up the good work! You are the true meaning of the word 'innovator' :)

jonescg said:
This guy looks like he can build a silk purse from a sow's ear!

HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: never heard that one before too funny...and likely very true
in this case...

Great effort to all those that could afford to donate a lil to help Naeems future projects.

KiM

AussieJester said:
jonescg said:
This guy looks like he can build a silk purse from a sow's ear!

HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: never heard that one before too funny...and likely very true
in this case...

Great effort to all those that could afford to donate a lil to help Naeems future projects.

KiM

Check the silk purse with your grandma or great grandma. IF they came from Blighty, it was a common colloquialism.

I'm taking off from work in about 30-45mins.

Then it's right to Western Union, so if you wana get in on this late, now is the time.

John in CR said:
Sending by Moneygram instead of WU will net Naeem about $50 more. It works the same, just cheaper.

Do you know if Peshwar Pakistan has a moneygram location?

I just called the local Western Union place, and they said it would be $20 to Pakistan for amounts under $1,500usd. That seems pretty reasonable.

Ok, I'm taking off the send the money order.
If you didn't pay yet, you missed out.

This feels so damn good.

-Luke

liveforphysics said:
I just called the local Western Union place, and they said it would be $20 to Pakistan for amounts under $1,500usd. That seems pretty reasonable.

Wow, if that's the fee, then either there's some bargain deal to send over there or WU has recently reduced their fees by 70% or more. That sounds like Moneygram's fee, so maybe WU had to reduce their fee to avoid losing too much market share due to competitive pressure from MG as well as Paypal.

Back