1000 Miles Later My under $1000 Christmas Gift E bike is going hard

Cledaddy21

1 µW
So today, I hit the Thousand milestone on My COLORWAY BK3M mountain bike. Besides some initial problem with the pedal assist,(which was remedied by adjusting the display settings) This $900 500 W 36 V Class 2 E bike has been absolutely reliable, comfortable to drive, easy to control. It seems to be heavier than the 67 lbs. that's stated. The thing is I can only get its speed to 22mph and it's hill climbing is decent but not amazing. There is also a 750 W 48 vokt version of this same bike but they're both advertised with a top speed of 20 MPH but it gets up to speed faster than my 500 watt model. I get a lot of compliments about it too so just because it looks so good.
In my normal riding style which is more throttle than anything, followed closely by the highest or 2nd highest level of pedal assist, I have gotten an honest 34 miles in 38 degree temperatures during the frigid Las Vegas winter .I know , 1000 miles in 3 months isn;t a long time or a lot of miles but I can say Im (almost) totally excited about this E bike

It’s great, and refreshing, to hear someone happy with their factory bike. Sounds like you made the right purchase. 👍👍
Enjoy having fun racking up those miles, and stay safe!!

Have you had to do any significant maintenance on it?

That model looks like it's made of cheap low-lifespan parts, but generic and relatively easy to service.

That model looks like it's made of cheap low-lifespan parts, but generic and relatively easy to service.
Given the price, it looks like they put the money into the components to make a decent (and sounds like reliable) ebike, while being thrift conscious with the easily replaceable bicycle parts.
Interesting that their description states “carbon structural steel”. The frame looks aluminum, so not sure what it’s referring to.

Yeah, it wouldn't be bad if you just could ride it from home, which may be the OP's use case. And I am not in the camp that believes e-bikes need to be really light... but 67 pounds makes it more challenging to take with a rack or whatever for away rides.

I'm pretty sure he's riding it instead of carrying it since it sounds like he's having a lot of fun, but ya, carrying it for a 1000 miles would suck.

Now on sale at walmart for $539 shipped,

colorway.jpg
You can upgrade the components as you like at that price. Most common complaint is warped disks, but that's probably the caliper was not aligned. Spec says 52 pounds. Says UL2849. Hopefully that's more than the charger,

Why am I converting ebikes when I can buy them cheaper. Add $57 for a walmart warranty and shouldn't have to worry about battery for 3 years. Ha ha, I know they won't have any spares.

Looks like a good consideration because Wally has a fine return policy (AFAICT) and 80% of 660 respondents gave "5" rating. Some of the dissent was from individuals who paid up to $1600 for the bike (?????) and/or got flat tires riding it.

Back