$278.99 e-guruma ebike on ebay? any experiences

Not right this minute, I did the search. Dang, that's funny though. As though even a store will have a use for very many at a time.

I just picture some goof buys out 150 in some liquidation thinking he can unload them quickly. . . .

Hi cal3thousand,

Where is this craigsllist ad? I looked in the Los Angeles area and could not find it. What date and what title does it have?

ancientbicyclist said:
Hi cal3thousand,

Where is this craigsllist ad? I looked in the Los Angeles area and could not find it. What date and what title does it have?

Post id 4380659880

Search in LA bikes section $50 electric, if that number doesn't work

Me mam would love one of these, but cheapest in the uk is $500 it's killing me seeing them at this price. Even from china I can't get this price. I have tried.

friendly1uk said:
Me mam would love one of these, but cheapest in the uk is $500 it's killing me seeing them at this price. Even from china I can't get this price. I have tried.

Believe me... as a cheapskate, it pains me to see all these at this price and not be able to do anything about the opportunity :evil:

$2,300/$50 = 46 bikes? Dang, where would I put them all? I assume the batteries are mostly shot, wonder if there are 46 chargers. If I can't fix a number of them then it's quite a pile of scrap iron. If I fabricated a new front at the fold with a 20" wheel, longer wheelbase, etc., and overclocked the damn motor, WHAT FUN!

Seriously, I suppose I could let Cal meet me down there, but but that's just 1-2. Anyone else in SoCal interested?

Hi Dauntless,
I went down there the other day and bought 2. The second one mainly for parts for the first. Every single one was missing parts and yes those that had batteries (they were shot). The main reason I bought the bike was that it is often mistaken for the e-guruma, which looks a lot like this bike (the Iride Electric Folding bike). The Iride is much heavier than the E-guruma and only about 10% of the parts and components are the same. Also the e-guruma is a power on demand bike and the Iride is a pedal assist bike. I will let you know my experience with the Iride as I recently detailed my experience with the E-guruma.

Attachments

• E-guruma EGU2 (Electric Cycle Matic Foldable Bike).jpg
    E-guruma EGU2 (Electric Cycle Matic Foldable Bike).jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,844
  • Iride Electric Folding Bike.JPG
    Iride Electric Folding Bike.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,844
Okay, I'm not sure I understand. You went to this VERY GUY? He sold you just two? And they're something different? Did you get chargers?

I liked the idea of taking the motors if the bikes themselves didn't work out.

I saw in the pictures in the Craigslist ad that the bikes did not look exactly like the e-guruma and also being familliar with the Iride, realized that probably was what they were. I had only seen pictures of the Iride, so I went down to look them over. I found one that had most of the parts, including the charger, but a few pieces were missing, like the handlebars, brake handles, etc., so I bought another bike, that also had missing parts, but included many of the parts that were missing from the first bike. I'll see if I can assemble one whole bike from the two partial bikes.

I'm sure we mean two different postings. You're talking about this one, right? http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/bik/4384892221.html

I'm referring to this one, which looks like the e-guruma and the guy wants you to take all 46. The e-guruma suits me better as an experiment, but gawd, 46 of them? How many would fit in my truck? That's why I'm wondering if anyone else would take a few. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/bik/4380659880.html

There has been confusion throughout these posts between the e-guruma EGU2 (also sold as the "Electric Cycle Matic Foldable Bike ") and the iRide Electric Folding Bike (also sold as the "KMB Electric Folding Bike"). Both are very similar in the frame style, but are different bikes with both similarities and differences in the frame and components. The main difference is that the e-guruma is a power-on-demand bike, you can either ride it as a standard bicycle or can switch on the motor and use it as an electric bike (you cannot use both motor and human power at the same time). The iRide is a pedal assist bike and you can use the electric motor and pedal power at the same time. You can assist the motor by using human power and vice versa.

friendly1uk said:
That's remarkably cheap. Five times the price buys something barely acceptable.

As if by magic, the same links are now 5 times the price (from 120 to 600)

Sounds like they were not what they were meant to of been. More like parts than bikes. I'm happy to of missed out now :)

They started out with 80+ bikes, so perhaps some of the first ones purchased were more complete. When I arrived there were less than 40 left and most of them looked like they had been cannibalized. I did not have time to look over every bike with a fine tooth comb, but I was able to find a couple of bikes that had most of the parts needed to assemble a single bike, and whatever is leftover can be used as spare parts for the future.

ancientbicyclist said:
They started out with 80+ bikes, so perhaps some of the first ones purchased were more complete. When I arrived there were less than 40 left and most of them looked like they had been cannibalized. I did not have time to look over every bike with a fine tooth comb, but I was able to find a couple of bikes that had most of the parts needed to assemble a single bike, and whatever is leftover can be used as spare parts for the future.

mind telling us goes much you paid?

Their original price was $2,300 for the whole batch of 80 some bikes or $28.75 per bike or less. Since there were less than 40 frames left and none of them individually had enough parts to make one working bike, I was able to walk away with 2 bikes for $60 or very close to the batch price. If any of you buy any of them, please let me know and we can exchange info. in our attempt to assemble a working unit. We could also trade parts, if we have any extras that someone else needs

ancientbicyclist said:
Their original price was $2,300 for the whole batch of 80 some bikes or $28.75 per bike or less. Since there were less than 40 frames left and none of them individually had enough parts to make one working bike, I was able to walk away with 2 bikes for $60 or very close to the batch price. If any of you buy any of them, please let me know and we can exchange info. in our attempt to assemble a working unit. We could also trade parts, if we have any extras that someone else needs

Thanks for the info... that's quite tempting. Gotta plan on sneaking this things in the house. Guess the folding aspect might make that easier :D

But I'm trying to get some builds make to sell as the weather is getting good.

Don't know if it's the same guy, but this is for sale on LA Craigslist for $230 each, says it's a complete bike.

If THIS had been the $30 junk bike, yeah I'd have wanted a few.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/bik/4456858012.html

Hi Everyone,

I am back from my trip abroad and am back working on my e-bikes. While in France I got to see both the Mando Footloose and YikeBike in action. Finally got to test ride the YikeBike. Both salespeople told me that their bike could be brought aboard a passenger plane. I doubt it, as I have heard that the batteries are prohibited. Any experts out their who know if any electric bikes are allowed on any passenger planes, either carryon or checked baggage?

Hi Again,

I am going on a trip again to pick up e-bike parts. Anyone else interested? Let's discuss. Southern California area.

Hi All,
I went down to pick-up parts for assembling electric folding bikes and saw a make and model I have never seen before. Kind of a combination of the e-guruma and the I-ride. With the handle bars, battery compartment and kickstand of the e-guruma and the folding point and spring suspension of the I-ride. Placement of the controller in a different area than both of the bikes. It is like discovering a new species in biology. I am determined to find out who the manufacturer is and what names the bike was sold under.

Hi All,

I am presently working on the assembly of two folding electric bikes. If any of you are doing the same and have spare parts or have put together both power on demand and pedal assist models, please let me know. I am located in Southern California.

Eugene

Hi All,
In the building process I am learning some major differences in the structure of the 3 bikes I am working on. Although all 3 bikes have the motor positioned at the center of the bike: the e-guruma has the crank near the top level of the motor and about 5 inches in front of the motor; the I-Ride has the crank slightly in front of the motor and almost 5 inches above the motor, and finally the new hybrid that I cannot find a name on, has the crank almost even with the center of the motor and about 2 and a half inches in front of the motor. I am finding more and more structural differences between these 3 bikes and hope to soon find out what name the hybrid was sold under.

Hi All,

In my searh to find the new electric bike I just bought (no name on frame), I found the I-Ride selling under the name Dillenger 16" Cheetah folding Electric Bike for $499.

http://www.amazon.com/Dillenger-Cheetah-folding-Electric-Bike/dp/B00KSRUQX6/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A1QB1G331Q6M78

It is great for me as I now have another source for parts.

http://dillengerelectricbikes.com/learn-more/

Did any of you purchase the I-Ride or the e-guruma or the same bikes under any other names?

Hi All,

I am attaching a photo of the new electric folding bike I have purchased. Please let me know if any of you can identify it. Presently I am using either I-Ride or e-guruma replacement parts on this bike, but it was obviously sold under another name.

Thank you,
Eugene

Attachments

• Mystery Bike.jpg
    Mystery Bike.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 2,247
Back