28 miles, did it.

Here's my ride I just did... http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1056791951?fb_action_ids=10205917893599443&fb_action_types=fitness.bikes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B735666699896180%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22fitness.bikes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

This is the ride, I'd been curious about since I got the bike. Could I do it? How much bike assist would I get? Would it be worth the trip as a substitute for my car? Well, yesterday, as you can see, I did it.

Now, unfortunately I haven't yet invested in a good monitoring system to get the real stats involved with my energy usage. My volt meter was even at home. So all I could do was plug the charger in and see how long it took to recharge.. It took me 2hrs and 20 min as expected.

The ride time was also 2 hr's. 1:57 to be exact. For the last mile or 2, I used about 3/4 throttle almost exclusively. Sailing along between 19 and 22 mph. When I arrived at my destination, I still was in the yellow light on my throttle indicator. I even took an extra blast up the road about 1000 feet. Up a small hill on mostly all throttle. Then back down pedaling to 31 mph throttle cranked. still in the yellow.

Oh, and all this was with a backpack on carrying the charger and some snack's.
The ride home was similar.. I left way late and had to deal with BUGS! had to wear my sunglasses in the twilight. The bug's faded away and then so did all the light so I was riding in almost total darkness as I got home. No I havent invested in a headlight either. (if you can see on the map, 90% of the ride was on bike trails. Perils:.. Trail follows erie canal... at some places there are steep cliffs just of the sides of the trail. Or water on one side and 30ft drop-off on the other. And as you get close to the city...there's the potential for crime.

When I finally arrived back to my starting point, again about 2 hr's later, I throttled it through the neighborhood, this time pure throttle. the biked whisked me through the evening air at 22 mph feeling full able to go around another few miles. Again, still in the yellow.

Overall take: I guess I can use the throttle more if I ever try this again. And that will be nice. since I already felt it was easy enough and still good exercise. Does it beat taking my car? Well.. not in a major way. What I think I might do, is split it up. Drive my car half way there, and bike the rest.

Nice to know I can do it if I need to, and now I know more of what me and my bike can do. Over all I rode 55.6 miles in one day!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301226800899?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I just received 2 of these for future use. Might be useful for a little extra monitoring on the road.
I tried to check you're ride (curious of the elevation you covered with that setup) but it's marked private.
That's (28mi) a nice ride! I'm guessing this is your first ebike? I am new too, and boy it's a whole new experience-very cool.

Hey thanks. And yep I'm definitely in the entry level club of ebiking. Thanks for the link I'll check them out... ill see if I can change the status so show the elevation... It's probably 80% level. Then downhill 8 miles on the way (heading towards lake ontario)

congrats on your achievement
to me 44(22 to work, and 22 back) miles a day is the norm....my record was 80miles in 1 day, but that was a camping trip
i have been car free ever since..and funny thing is my commute is an hour and with a car(with all the traffic) it would be the same... but the first ride, is always the most exciting and the one where you learn the most.
the one that really puts your rig to a real world test to see what it can do

Back