2WD trike pulling left when accelerating

A compromise would be the use of LiFeP04 Prismatic Bricks. A tiny bit heavier than hobby Lipo but much lighter than SLA, discharge to 80%, no self-discharge, safer than hobby Lipo.

cboy said:
My takeaway from this bit of tinkering is that I may just be at or near the best acceleration performance I'm going to see given the weight of the vehicle and the torque I have available in terms of battery pack/controller. It is quite satisfactory at this juncture but I'm not going to be winning any drag races.
This last bit of tuning was not going to actually increase the power, but the hope was to improve the throttle response and to eliminate delays in applying available power to get a more aggressive feel. So, with the tweaking behind you it seems you may be finally settling in to enjoy your handiwork... :D

As alanB points out above, the lead acid decision presents the single biggest performance limitation. Looking ahead to the retirement of the present batteries, four Chevy Volt modules may be an attractive alternative that would certainly change the complexion of the vehicle. 2kWh 48V Volt modules are about 10" square (~40lbs) and are rated at 45Ah with a 7C continuous rating. 96V 90Ah at 7C would pretty much dwarf your present max current. A 96V pack would give you 8.5kWh vs your present theoretical 9kWh, but the present pack cannot really deliver that power. Certainly there are other EV module choices as well but the approx 20"x20" Chevy footprint looks pretty close to the 6 SLA footprint albeit taller. Another option would be 2x24V and 2x48V modules which would give you 72V and a little smaller footprint. Anyhow, when your SLA's give up the ghost, maybe Trike 2.0 might arise...

Back