3 wire PAS

stormdot5

1 mW
I'm having trouble getting my PAS to work. I've get pretty much everything else on the controller working, but this just won't kick in.

I'm using the CON93 controller from greenbikekit.com with a 12 magnet PAS.

The connectors that came fitted to them match. The controller has a red, black and blue wire. The Red wire shows 4.74V unconnected, the Blue, 3.27V. When connected up, the red LED on the sensor flashes when rotated one direction, as each magnet passes, and goes constantly on when rotated in the other. There is no output to the motor, whether it is stationary or spinning.

Could two of the wires be switched or is the output from this sensor not what the controller is expecting?

You can try swapping the wires(won't hurt anything), but the problem is probably physical.
The disc needs to be really close to the sensor, 5 mm or less, and most sensors are directional.
Some installs have the mounting bracket reversed, which requires turning the sensor around on the bracket.
Try holding the sensor in you hand to test until you get the system to work.

Normally, if the red LED is flashing, it should work. The problem must be somewhere else. Connect only the battery, motor and PAS to test the PAS.

Did you do the self-learning procedure? If not, connect only the battery, motor and throttle. Join the two white wires, switch on and open the throttle a little bit. The controller should turn the wheel by itself for a bit, which means it's learnt what to do. switch off, disconnect the white wires, then it should work normally. Then, connect the PAS to test it.

Back