3500-mAh NCA cell, Samsung, LG, Sanyo, Panasonic

I've bought the LG 18650 hg2 cells. 7ah discharge gives 3.3ah 5amp discharge gives just under 3.5. Bought for £3.1 delivered a' cell

Is there a peak discharge rating for any of these cells? Or is it a solid "dont go above 10A discharge" for these? Looking to build a battery pack (10S5P) for my longboard and as of right now these cells would be perfect for everything except the initial stall current/large acceleration.

Look at this capacity tests did on iCharger208B (not by me). 35E aren't bad like on dampfakkus.de
Panasonic_sxrwaxq.gif

Samsung-I_sxrwanh.gif

the amp hours are quite similar, but the Panasonic GA has higher voltage. that means more watt hours and more motor power^^

tumich said:
Look at this capacity tests did on iCharger208B (not by me). 35E aren't bad like on dampfakkus.de
Panasonic_sxrwaxq.gif

Samsung-I_sxrwanh.gif

Seems to be really common to Panasonic NCA cells - they respond well to heat.
The GA shows higher voltage because of the heat up at 8A load.

At 1500mAh, it's a full 0.11V higher then the 35E.

subsribed

Hi!

I have one Vectrix with 6.5kwh with this Cells (samsung 35€) and i want increase the battery pack capacite, but the price on NIKON for this cells increased too much... It's possible adding more 2KWH with other 18650 cells??

It's not ideal, but it would not be a problem to add other NCA cells in parallel.
If you are running 20s you could buy 160 cells and add 8 in parallel to each group, for example, Model S cells

Vortex99 said:
Hi!

I have one Vectrix with 6.5kwh with this Cells (samsung 35€) and i want increase the battery pack capacite, but the price on NIKON for this cells increased too much... It's possible adding more 2KWH with other 18650 cells??
Also try to match discharge curve over the complete cycle of existent pack. You can try asking DarkAngel for help, he may know right cell from memory, or compare discharge charts he makes.

Yeah, discharge rate. They are great if you can have a large pack (high "P" count), but for a small pack they will not put out the amps for a hot rod.

What does PF and B stand for?

PF and B are like an Explorer and Rainier, they are just model names, of course the make would be LG, or Panasonic, or Samsung and so on.

I have noticed on ru.nkon.nl (non VAT website) some cans are very low, 4.5A, normal size seems to be around 10A and go up from there. I've been keeping my eye on a few, but I believe too that I should keep track of the chemistry it uses. I havent looked much into that yet, my eyes are always checking out the discharge rate and the total size of the can I am looking at, and of course the price.

Can someone explain why a no-name/generic brand is more expensive then a brand name. MXJO, EagleTac, Enerpower.

KeepPower 18650 2900mAh 10A
€6.70

KeepPower 18650 2600mAh
2 Review(s)
€5.25

MXJO IMR18650F 3000mAh 35A 3.7V Flat top battery
1 Review(s)
€7.10

Sanyo UR18650FM 2600mAh - 5A
€4.90

Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh - 15A
4 Review(s)

Regular Price: €4.75

Special Price: €4.45
As low as: €3.75

markz said:
Can someone explain why a no-name/generic brand is more expensive then a brand name. MXJO, EagleTac, Enerpower.
Price is very dependent on sales/production volumes.
The big manufacturers ..Panasonic/Sanyo, LG, Samsung, are the biggest...are also the most popular and hence have huge volume advantage.
FYI..Keepower is also a OEM manufacturer, just not in the same league !
Other "noname" brands are just rebranded cells from one of the many suppliers that are marketed for a profit.
What i dont understand is why sellers on Ebay think these cells can be sold for such rediculous high prices ? :roll:

I've been trying to find out what the values for "fast charge" are.
https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/40773059-new-lg-mj1-18650-battery-review-3500mah?comment=2952010636#comments

battery bro says MJ1 supports this, but spec says 1C which is 3.5a right?
https://www.nkon.nl/sk/k/Specification%20INR18650MJ1%2022.08.2014.pdf

Just to confirm- this number doesn't get changed depending on the battery configuration 72v 20S10p / 18v 5S10P

I'm working with these on a new build, and I just want to know what amps I can balance/fast charge/bulk charge with.

smeagol222 said:
I've been trying to find out what the values for "fast charge" are.
https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/40773059-new-lg-mj1-18650-battery-review-3500mah?comment=2952010636#comments

battery bro says MJ1 supports this, but spec says 1C which is 3.5a right?
https://www.nkon.nl/sk/k/Specification%20INR18650MJ1%2022.08.2014.pdf

Just to confirm- this number doesn't get changed depending on the battery configuration 72v 20S10p / 18v 5S10P

I'm working with these on a new build, and I just want to know what amps I can balance/fast charge/bulk charge with.

Yep, you are right, 1C is max and it is also 1C or the whole pack. But I wouldn't use more than 0.5C if you want your cells to last.

Oh ok thanks. Are there certain cells that support a high re-charge rate?

Also maybe someone might wanna tell Bruno not to charge his MJ1's at 6amps! :shock:
[youtube]AYWeE9LPE4M[/youtube]

Back