• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

36 volt folder going 25-30 mph?

mikefish

100 W
http://cgi.ebay.com/RAW-ELECTRIC-FOLDING-BICYCLE-BIKE-WITH-36V-BATTERY_W0QQitemZ260525661624QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca88a1db8

i wish these claims were real! :shock:

actually, Im not so sure I would want to go 30mph on one of those!

and no suspension either, hard to tell about the front, but looks to me like none.

I would still get it if it could go 30mph!!! :lol: :lol:

Mike,

My 9FS with direct drive 9C goes 43mph top end (took some doing)... Im in the process of integrating geared hubs onto a second 9S (Suspension in front, hard tail).

That ebay bike pic is right off Alibaba.com and it's a hunk o'... well u know.

All said though, you could build one with any number of folders and you don't need suspension for a folding 40mph eBike but disc brakes are a mandatory item.

-Mike

To sustain 30 mph requires something like 800-1200 input watts. While possible with a "300 watt" motor, how long the motor would last is questionable. And, I would have to question if the controller would pass through those kind of wattages. But, given it's an auction, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt*.

*My wallet won't.

Heh Heh, cut all vendor range claims in half, and speed claims by at least 5 mph.

Lot of review and testing threads lately that belong in ebikes or technical latey, btw.

Covers on the motor look like aotema, so I'd say the motor can take 800 watts no prob. Who knows about the controller.

25 mph seems pretty high and 30mph seems really unlikely especially from 36V of lead but then that doesn't look like a Bafang on the back of the bike either (they say it's a 300W motor) ;

I checked the seller's feedback but no one comments about the actual speed. These things often go cheaply when they're up for auction so maybe someone here will buy it and do a review 8)

-R

morph999 said:
I think the 5303 motor goes 25 mph - 30 mph at 36v.

According to the simulator at ebikes.ca the only motor that would make enough power on 36V (of lead) to get to 25-30 mph in a 20" wheel would be a X5302 (w/35A+ controller). A X404 could maybe hit 26 mph but nothing else I ran using those parameters comes close.

-R

Oh yeah besides likely exaggerating the speed of the thing they also say this;

36V 10AH Lead Battery - Average 1000 charges

Yeah right :roll:

Ok, cut that claim to a quarter, 250 cycles. :lol: Convert mph to kph and you'd have it about right. Close enough for ebay.

my 406 will go 26-27mph at 36v but that is a 26" wheel, and really 40v since its at full charge.

No way that 300W motor will do 25 - 30 mph, let alone a 10AH lead acid. More likely, it will go 15 - 18 mph or 25 - 30 kph.

My 1000W motor can do 30 mph easily at 36V lithium Fat packs. At that speed, I am registering around 1200-1500 Watts during acceleration (30-40A) then 900Watts at cruising. No way a 36V, 10AH lead will deliver that much power.

Damn laws of physics. probobally the reason I could never get my interferociter to work.

Can't take me to a real movie house. I'll act like Crow through the whole thing. Being about as smart as Crow is another reason I couldn't get my interferociter to work. Assembling it is an intelligence test. I bummed when that show (mst3000) ended. My wife and I used to try to be as witty while watching the x files. They should have used the x files movie on mst.

Back