4 day Giant Revive RC build for my wife.........

recumpence said:
Man, this feels weired. I currently have 4 E-bikes and they are all in working condition!

This is the indicator that you're not riding hard enough. :) I've got 3 ebikes right now, 0 of them functional. lol. :)

liveforphysics said:
recumpence said:
Man, this feels weired. I currently have 4 E-bikes and they are all in working condition!

This is the indicator that you're not riding hard enough. :) I've got 3 ebikes right now, 0 of them functional. lol. :)

I design my stuff (well most of my stuff) setup to be run at about 90% of their limit. That way I have some headroom for reliability.

Matt

I really like this build,im getting bit by rc builds yickes! guess its about time.

recumpence said:
liveforphysics said:
recumpence said:

I design my stuff (well most of my stuff) setup to be run at about 90% of their limit. That way I have some headroom for reliability.

Matt

Good way to be, then at least you have a reliable bike rather than looking at one laying in the workshop in bits because its smoked itself again LoL..

Great to here Missus S and daughter S are getting use and loving the bike Matt :)

KiM

p.s what happened to the downhill build you started? Side tracked by the 'street fighter' buyild i'm thinking?
will we see it revived down the line when you can squeeze it into the workshop without Miss. S noticing it teehehe...perhaps if/when the Yellow beast sells? All the best anywayz matt LOVE ya work mate :)

Man, I have so many irons in the fire right now. I am, also, working on other business interests that involve bikes (but not all electric).

Lots of stuff going on!

Matt

Hey Guys,

I know this is a really old thread. But I wanted to give an update.....

I just broke the bike out of mothballs for some bashing around town. I love this thing.

This bike is ridden a lot and just keeps running and running. RC systems definitely have their drawbacks. But for this bike, I cannot think of a better system.

Anyway, just wanted to guys to know there are some high mile RC systems out there that are used daily without any issues. Heck, all I ever do to this thing is check tire pressure and charge the pack........

Matt

That's cool, Matt. I can add that I put about 3000km on my V4 drive setup last year with no reliability issues. Using good components is key. The quality of installation - both mechanical and electrical - also drastically affects the time to failure.

Back