44v (12s) Li ion charger brick/cable for BMS

Atimu1

1 µW
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a charger for a 44v li ion pack (12s5p, 15,000mah), preferably 3 amps or higher. Most sites seem to have 36v ones and 48v or higher but not 44. "supowerbattery" has some decent looking ones but theyre not shipping anything for a while and their delivery would take another few weeks on top of that. It almost seems like 12s chargers dont exist, or at least not anywhere but China.

I would also need a connector to be able to plug it in to the BMS.

Any help would be appreciated. :cry:

Some might be adjustable voltage, if you're willing to get in there and do that. Or the Meanwell HLG LED power supplies (PSU) are voltage and current adjustable, and are even potted so are fanless and weatherproof, though you'd have to put your own connector on it. If you don't need a lot of current then you could probably find some small/light ones or about the same price as a decent charger (~$50); they start to get expensive and big/heavy if you need a lot of current (the 10A/58v ones I have held in my hands are the size of trade paperback and weigh around 7lbs!)

There is also the Cycle Satiator from Grin Tech that can be set to just about any kind of battery you might ever have, but it's not cheap (though you probably won't ever need any other charger). It's also fanless and weather resistant, and has a display to show you the charging stats. I use one for various voltages and chemistries.

Hmm that's interesting. I found this 48 volt charger that has options to charge to 80, 90, or 100% at the press of a button. The reviews seem pretty good.

https://lunacycle.com/batteries/chargers/luna-charger-48v-advanced-300w-ebike-charger/#ProductReviews

Do you think something like this would be safe? And could you possibly send me links of any of the adjustable voltage chargers you mentioned that should work for my li ion pack? Thanks

Back