46950 on Alibaba.... too good to be true?

I keep running across these "46950" cells on Alibaba - 30ah, 10c, low resistance, $15/usd each...

I'm not seeing any real info on them, who manufactures them, data etc.

Does anyone think these are real and deliver on their specs?

If they seem too good to be true...they almost certainly are. ;)

In that link there is this image with a QR code with text on it. I can't read the text but maybe someone else can decipher it; perhaps it could lead to better data
1703637277873.png

This image from that same ad has "specs" that indicate they are made by a company called EVE, which we've seen stuff from before here on the forum. Perhaps you could check with them directly to see what they say.
1703637432679.png

Here's more information about these cells . They are not as good as Tesla's 4680 in terms or iR nor cycle life . Apparently Tesla 4680 cells are good for 1500 cycles before they start to degrade but these should be able to last 1200 cycles .

If they seem too good to be true...they almost certainly are. ;)

In that link there is this image with a QR code with text on it. I can't read the text but maybe someone else can decipher it; perhaps it could lead to better data
View attachment 345039

This image from that same ad has "specs" that indicate they are made by a company called EVE, which we've seen stuff from before here on the forum. Perhaps you could check with them directly to see what they say.
View attachment 345040
Thank you for sharing this . @TheRealJohnnyB . Now that is very impressive . And at the same time time i can't believe what seeing here , Cylindrical cell with 10C continuous discharge would be comparable to LG P2.7B 27Ah pouch cells which are basically 200Wh/Kg . That makes these cells not only more energy dense but also more power dense . There must be some thermal limitations . Jean Paul Rose needs to see this .

I need some ideas on how to attach a buss bar to these cells that could handle 300a...
I spoke with Gary Little from Vextek , he told me to get a kWeld and just try . He said it's a lot of trial and error
until you get it right . After watching this video , i now know that it's possible to spot weld 0.5mm copper

On the topic of the 1500 cycle life claim, this was for 21700 cells inside of Tesla's M3/MY vehicles.

Since they're using a tabless cell design with 0 silicon in the Tesla 4680 cells, I wouldn't be surprised if cycle life was boosted to 2000 or even 2500.

On the topic of the 1500 cycle life claim, this was for 21700 cells inside of Tesla's M3/MY vehicles.

Since they're using a tabless cell design with 0 silicon in the Tesla 4680 cells, I wouldn't be surprised if cycle life was boosted to 2000 or even 2500.
Thank you pointing that out

Last edited:
Back