55.2kw bicycle

Dylandesmond said:
Im putting 60kw through my 70h hubmotor on my bicycle

need proof of this.

Why are you bumping a 5 year old thread to brag about your bike?

I want to see it if its 60kW. JohninCR would want to see it too!

liveforphysics said:

:lol: :mrgreen: :confused:

liveforphysics said:

He said he's putting 60kW through, as in hypothetical from the battery. Even if true, that could mean 60kW for 15ms at an output efficiency of 6%. Which would only become exciting if something went terribly wrong in the process.

You know better than anyone that juice out of the battery is only one side of the equation, and that multiplying the published ratings of everything together doesn't mean that what you're getting in the real world. I'm not sure yet if Dylandesmond fully appreciates these things. But we'll see, I hope!

My bet is he thinks he is putting 60kw in... But he is only putting like 10kw in lol.
And getting maybe 3-4kw out!

I bumped it as a joke, i knew it was a really old post, was to get people laughing not crying, sorry if i hurt anyones feelings lol

i decided to post up this 60kw thread after seeing it as their is alot of knowledge that i dont have, safety sides of things and getting the right products is important to me

seriously though i didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings

I put 30-31kw into a 50 wide 273 with a Kv of 18+rpm/v in a 19.5"OD wheel with a 20s lipo pack. That's minimum voltage (74V when fully charged at 84V) X peak battery current (420A). Even with the 6" extended swingarm and a low bike, I had to hang my 275lbs (down to 210lb now thank goodness) out over the handlebars to keep enough weight on the front to keep it down and get the motor to draw that current. I rode it that way for a couple of months until my faster and more efficient first HubMonster arrived. The 273 was one of QS's earliest models with the crazy high slot/pole counts and .5mm lams, so the result high no-load current made it create a lot of heat at highway speeds. That wide magnetic circuit at a 273mm diameter made it a beast in the max torque department, especially after I upgraded the phase wires to 6awg to handle the current the speed winding required.

The OP's motor may be able to take short duration input of 60kw, but a controller that will deliver it at relatively low voltage with be hard to find and expensive, and what's really in question to me is the ability to ride it and get the motor to draw max current without ending up on your back. Get the arithmetic right (phase current is all but impossible to measure and it's impossible to draw that current at peak voltage), and be sure to have video cameras running because it should be entertaining.

Thanks john , i ended up getting a higher voltage controller im pulling my max of 480amps when its fully sagging at 115 v so im not quite there, carbon bars are holding up fine, i blew an air line on one of the rams last week qhich scared the shit out of me, lucky in was further down the road from takeoff, im saving up for batrium bms now, ill post up on facebook when im ready, my boss is transfering me to a different state in australia to train pressure cleaning at a startup job at a chicken factory for 2 months max hopefully, so ill be taking a rest in february from the ebike scene till then

its a promotion for my savings though which is a bonus

cheers for the info, little things make a big difference

Back