Adding auto cruise control to a Lishui LSW-913 controlled Bofeilli crank drive?

Volvofan

100 mW
Greetings, all! First post, though I’ve visited and searched a few times before.

New to e-bikes... started commuting on one last July. It’s a mountain bike that I added a 250W self-contained battery/motor front hub motor to (from iMortor). Fully loaded, the bike weighed over 60 lbs. I only commute 6 miles, but it’s relatively slow and needst to be charged at work to have sufficient juice for the return trip. Really, it was a relatively low-budget “proof of concept” to validate that I could efficiently do the commute on the bike consistently. There are days when I do it quicker on the bike than I could in a car.

Now, I convinced the “CFO” to let me upgrade. For Christmas I got an M2S All go Carbon with a Bofeilli 350W mid-drive motor, a Lishui LSW-913 36V controller, and an APT 800 display. Less than 40 lbs soaking wet. Here’s the catch - I bought it “as-is” from the seller, knowing some wires were yanked out of place and it was not functioning. I received the unit, disassembled and repaired the wiring harness to the best of my ability, disassembled and checked the motor, hall effect sensors, etc. and put it all back together. It is supposed to be pedal-assist only... I pedal, it helps. No thumb throttle like my iMortor has. Unfortunately, that pedal assist doesn’t seem to work. The motor works fine in “walk-beside” mode, but will not kick on once pedaling. I wired in a manual throttle and that got everything working, fortunately. I just turn on the power to the display unit and don’t worry about the assist setting. It still accurately displays speed and trip meter. I can live without pedal assist and use a thumb throttle just fine, if that’s the only thing wrong with a bike that cost me 1/3 what it otherwise would have.

I would like to do three things to improve my experience, but I can’t find hardly ANY info online on this controller. Any help available here would be appreciated.

1) Speed. I accessed “admin mode” on the unit and bumped up the max MPH to 25. The display does not allow me to go higher. I can reduce the programmed wheel diameter and make it go faster, but then the display’s MPH reading is off. Any way to override that setting?

2) Cruise control. On the iMortor, if I held the thumb throttle down for several seconds, it would hold that full throttle position until I tapped the throttle or a brake lever. I have opened the Lishui controller and I see several unused wiring connectors on the board (including one labeled “CR”) but no wires attached to it. Grounding it out had no effect. Maybe it is manual, vs my desired “automatic” mode? Anyone have info on this?

3) Lights. The display is capable of turning hardwired lights on and off, but the controller has no obvious spots where I would hook them up. Lots of blank solder pads, though... a board or programming or wiring diagram for this model would be a huge help!

Thoughts/suggestions? I took some photos while I had the controller apart and could post them here if helpful.

Thanks in advance!

-Jon

Photos of board

vigvyPR.jpg

QSmezZd.jpg

Back