Advice about Leaf folding ebike?

Kerrith

100 mW
After lots of surfing I've decided on a 20" wheel rear-drive ebike with front and rear disk brakes.
such as the "New 20 inch 1000W folding electric bike Item ID #LB213FBN" < http://www.leafbike.com/products/electric-bicycle/20-inch-folding-electric-bike/new-20-inch-1000w-folding-electric-bike-957.html>

Anyone have any experience with Leaf? Or recommendations of a 20" folding ebike with similar features, specifically sitting up while driving, fenders, front and rear wheel disk brakes with powerful rear wheel drive.

My requirements: Slight 7-mile upgrade to town on smooth pavement (no more than 20 miles rnd trip) two-times per week. Preferably at least 20 mph. I plan on towing a small trailer for groceries.

I'm open to buying a folding frame with 20" wheels and selecting my own components, such as a geared high torque rear motor, F & R hydraulic brakes, 48V 20AH V2.5 LiFePO4 Battery Pack, and Cycle Analyst V3.

Much thanks,

Kerry

The bike description in the link seems to say they know a thing or two about e-bike design, specifically a steel frame. Components may be crappy but you can always just replace or upgrade as needed. Personally, I like it. It has a lot of pluses going for it: dual suspension, disc brakes, powerful rear motor, & decent battery. It may be wheelie prone once you let out the beast in the motor though. The video they show isn't anywhere near the stated 40 mph max speed in the description, more like 15 mph (slight incline to be fair).

Hi melodious,

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm going to see if I can find any reviews other than the Russian's bad shipping problem. I like the idea of replacing any problem components given the apparent good quality of the frame

Kerry.

They add $100 for shipping that being said my order got to me in 6 days ... So yeah the bike will most likely be shit but the battery you get with it is really nice .

Back