Another way to take drive through the normal chainline

Sorry guys - this is sitting in a box in the shed waiting for me to get my finger out..... I will get on with it one day, I still think it's a good way to go. Anyone wanting the CAD files, I'll stick them on here. yes triplex 8mm chain was tricky to get hold of ;^)

bobc- This is extremely cool. I don't know how I missed this thread. I didn't expect to see DIY harmonic drives on ebikes, I should have known better by now. :)

Very impressive! Any guesses about the efficiency?

So amazingly cool, i love it. It's things like this that make me read the forums every day.

I'm never ever going to progress this - ls7corvet if you want a 3d metal jigsaw you can have it for the postage :)
It's flat round here, I don't need to go through the gears.
Bob

Next in line for it, very curious to see how it works on a bike. Enclosing it from dirt and sound is the way I would have done it as well.

Bobc,

Looks like I'll have to pass on this, once I realized the size of the drive ring. Sorry it took so long to follow up. Totally forgot about this thread, but just happened to be looking through old posts. Perhaps someone else will take on the challenge, seems like a good fit for a folding ebike! I just have too many Ebikes to take on anymore.

Kin

No worries kf -
remember the chainring is big because it actually gets geared down x0.9 . . . . . the 57 teeth come down to effectively around 51 :)

Did we ever get the blueprints for this put up here? Also, is this thing still up for grabs? What would postage be to the US? I'm interested!

THX miles!

Still gathering dust in my shed whiplash. I don't know about carriage charges - I'll weigh the kit & see what the post office would charge.
BTW the drawings Miles linked are the previous design with higher ratio... I put a video of that on utube & that hardware is also gathering dust in my shed...
cheers
Bob

Hi @bobc

Is there any chance this could be installed onto an 8Fun BBS 250W mid drive system?

Kind regards,

Chris

I have a bike E recumbent, and a 63/64 230 kV outrunner. This might be the perfect way to match them up.

Back