anyone here done CYC X1 Pro Gen 2 to Gen 3 full upgrade?

raylo32

100 kW
I am trying to understand exactly what you get with the "full upgrade" kit. The CYC web site doesn't make this information easy to find. I did find the full upgrade kit there by doing a Google search (can't find it anywhere in CYC site menus??) but the page doesn't say exactly what you get. I assume a new X6 controller, chainring torque sensor, and ISIS BB? What about the motor? Does this swap out the rotor with new and improved version?

I asked CYC about the upgrade and they send me a pdf guide that lists as needed:
• Controller
• BT Speed Sensor + Magnet
• Gen 3 Torque Sensor
• Freewheel 2.0
• Bottom Bracket
• ISIS Crank Arms

This is for upgrading to the new controller and ISIS BB. Upgrading the motor itself is something different.

Are you going to do the upgrade? I believe I already have a Freewheel 2.0 in my parts box so I wonder if they would comp that. I'll have to ask.

I asked CYC about the upgrade and they send me a pdf guide that lists as needed:
• Controller
• BT Speed Sensor + Magnet
• Gen 3 Torque Sensor
• Freewheel 2.0
• Bottom Bracket
• ISIS Crank Arms

This is for upgrading to the new controller and ISIS BB. Upgrading the motor itself is something different.

Got the X6 controller kit upgrade. The only problem is 6:30 a.m. tomorrow morning I'm going in for a complete knee replacement on my left knee. Too much e-bike riding on the horse trails. I've needed this for a few years but after I get done I'm going to do a write-up on the Cyc pro 1 Gen 2 855 BT to the New X6 upgrade kit.
This is because I've had this kit for 2 years and they've been making me download QR code stick a couple wires in here and jump the display the whole time for two years they know the ASI BAC 855 controller never worked so I had to pay $90 to have them ship out the X6. To be used with my old display. The 900.
This is close to my only option except for trying to get a whole different controller that might work and get a hammer and screwdriver and see if I can make it fit.
At least these guys finally came through after 2 years plus I had a custom battery made for 1,200 bucks I put that in another bike and made another battery 52 ahto fit in my Kona cockapoo

Hey, we are knee brothers... I am going in for a left TKR myself in 2 weeks. Old football and basketball injuries, a couple of surgeries, 150,000 miles on pedal bikes. Maybe get a hip on the other side next year. Good thing we have e-bikes! Post your rehab progress. I have an indoor bike trainer setup that will get used a lot. I remember after my ACL surgery when I finally could bend the leg enough to get over the top of a pedal stroke. That was a major milestone for me.

Got the X6 controller kit upgrade. The only problem is 6:30 a.m. tomorrow morning I'm going in for a complete knee replacement on my left knee.

Yeah I'll report back to you as soon as I find out what's happening as I live three stories up and they're going to have to put me in skilled nursing. But as my insurance goes they don't know where or what skilled nursing to after I'm ready to be discharged 3 hours later. Yes they can't give me a heads up ?
Here's a pic of my package from Cyc.
It includes a speed sensor and magnet for the rear wheel and I also have the torque sensing bottom bracket. And they gave me a thumb throttle in a different cage with a hole in the bottom I don't know maybe the wires go through that hole but I will find out once I take everything apart. I say that because I didn't see it in any of the videos so far. It's been so long trying to get this full suspension mid drive together that my memories a little hazy. Plus I had to avoid being hit by a car and woke up in the hospital 2 hours later about 9 months ago and my neopathy and my feet got worse nobody knows what neopathy is ??? I will give you a heads up with any information I could give you probably in a P.M.
Good luck
Proof.

Attachments

• 16946442602035350335177375900675.jpg
    16946442602035350335177375900675.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Back