Anyone successfully spoke up a fatbike wheel?

Ah, I see. Perhaps they are a special order for em3ev sold with hubs? Definitely dble wall, no windows. Alex Blizzerk Pro 80 36H

Ozzzz said:
Ah, I see. Perhaps they are a special order for em3ev sold with hubs? Definitely dble wall, no windows. Alex Blizzerk Pro 80 36H

Sounds like a good candidate for an e-fatbike, then.

Boodyhole said:
panurge said:
Everything has been yet reported, I'll just add this link to another cheap china 80mm rim that has narrow 36H (7.5mm offset) and are proven to be acceptable quality....http://www.stars-rim.com/english/product1.asp?id=742 I've laced many fat tires here for PedegoItaly and various customers, even 20" Fat wheels. those stars-rims are better than many others, at least they are pretty round and offer narrower holes than the standard.

Thanks for the reply, Panurge. I'm not having any luck finding a place to actually buy those rims, though.

Maybe I'm not explaining my concern correctly. The bike that I'm looking at is a fatbike with a 135mm rear dropout. I can't tell for sure, but it seems to me that it uses a standard single speed hub, and it just has an extra fat rim on it.

My concern is that the hub will be off center, because it seems like the hub motors usually are.

Do I just cross the spokes to the other side, and use longer spokes on one side than the other? Will that work for this frame?

Yes sorry, I've linked the manufacturer source directly, you need to order at least 50-100 pcs, from them, though.... :mrgreen: but In italy ridewill distribute and sells them online, even worldwide. http://www.ridewill.it/p/en/remerx-380938-fat-bike-26-rim-80mm-36-fori-525mm-matt-black/72266/
If you get problem buying from them or sourcing those rims in your area, I have them in stock and would be glad to send you one....I use to mount them even in $$$ fatbikes while hubmotorized rear...Today I have to lace up the wheels of a special hubmotorized Fat 26er with that rim rear and a DTSwiss 32H BR710 front rim over a snowhite White Industries front hub....

Just to add some numbers:
Sapim Polyax nipples and Strong spokes are recommended till 80°. with a 26" standard fat rim this will translate, for a sanitary 2cross, in a max 120mm spoke flange pattern diameter.
A 750w G06 Bafang Fat Hubmotor has 145mm Spoke pattern diameter and ends up in a 78° insertion but is still doable in 2x.
Anything over that flange diameter needs 1cross or some mods to the rim's holes to get a properly laced and solid wheel. than, depending on the flange offset and diameter, as said, I would choose between a 1 cross with crossover using 2.34-2.00 butted spokes, or use 2.5 moped spokes for a 1 cross where the spokes aren't in touch and are not crossovered.

Chalo said:
Ozzzz said:

Sounds like a good candidate for an e-fatbike, then.

Yea, although they are normally with holes and single wall, I heard about some solid double walled Alex 36h. never got my hands on one, though...

Back